The Irish Government Postgraduate Scholarship Program is open to applications. The Ireland Scholarship Program is an established national initiative funded by the Department for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science and administered by the council.
The program is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other funding channels for postdocs in the Irish ecosystem.
Its features include:
- Individual and prestigious awards for excellence. research on behalf of the applicant;
- An objective selection procedure involving independent and independent international peer review;
- Funding in all disciplines, from archeology to zoology;
- With the exception of non-targeted bottom-up research grants funded by our strategic funding partners.
The program offers exceptional students the opportunity to conduct their own research from the beginning of their career with a supervisor in their area of interest.
Successful Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship applicants who become scholars under the program are known to have the potential of world-class future researchers in research and the quality of their ideas.
About the sponsor: Government of Ireland
The Government of Ireland is the cabinet that exercises executive authority in Ireland.
The government is made up of government ministers, all of whom must be members of the Irish parliament.
The Taoiseach’s nomination must be approved by Dáil Éireann, the lower house of the Oireachtas, the Irish legislature. Following the appointment of the Dáil, the President of Ireland appoints the Taoiseach to his position.
More About Ireland Scholarships 2022/2022
Level/field of study
Government of Ireland Scholarships Cover Postgraduate Programs
The Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship is organized by the Government of Ireland and can be taken in Ireland.
If you are an international student and you want to study in the UK, check out the best scholarships available to study in the UK.
Applicants will fall into one of two categories: nationality and place of residence.
For category 1, applicants must meet both criteria:
- Be a citizen of a Member State of the European Union OR of Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, or Switzerland
- Ordinarily resident in a Member State of the European Union or in Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, or Switzerland for a continuous period of three out of five years before September 1, 2022.
All other candidates fall into the second category.
In addition to the Ireland Scholarships 2022, there are other scholarships available for international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all available scholarships.
Applicants for Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships are entitled to the following benefits:
- An allocation of €16,000 per year
- A contribution from outside the EU up to €5,750 per year
- Direct eligible research costs of €2,250 per year.
Number of scholarships
The number of Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships for the academic year 2022 is not specified.
Duration of the scholarships of the Government of Ireland.
- Research Master – 1 year
- MSc in Structured Research – 2 years
- Traditional promotion – 3 years
- Structured Ph.D. – 4 years
- Stock market value.
Eligibility for Government of Ireland Scholarships
To qualify as Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Applicants:
- You must have an honorary degree or equivalent. If the results of the baccalaureate examination are not known at the time of application, the Board may propose an interim scholarship, provided that a bachelor‘s degree or equivalent is a first or second degree. If a fellow does not have an honors degree or equivalent, he must have a master’s degree. The Board’s decision on an applicant’s eligibility for these criteria is final.
- You must not have had two unsuccessful applications, including strategic partner issues for the program;
- In the case of applications for a master’s degree in research, not having or already having a municipal scholarship;
- In the case of doctoral applications, they do not have any other scholarship or have previously worked than the one that would have allowed them to obtain the research master’s degree.
How to Apply for Scholarships in Ireland 2022
Potential candidates should carefully read the general conditions for 2022 to see if they qualify or not.
The indicative versions of the application, supervisor, and reference forms are for information only.
All Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship applicants must create and submit their forms through the online system.
Ireland Scholarships Application Deadline 2022
The last date to apply for the Ireland Government Scholarship 2022 is Thursday, October 29, 2022.
Ireland Government Scholarship 2022/2023 FAQ
How do I apply for an Ireland Government Scholarship?
Potential applicants should read the 2022 Terms and Conditions carefully on the Irish Government website to determine whether or not they are eligible.
What are the eligibility criteria for Ireland Government Scholarship?
> Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree for master’s programs and the student’s bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent is a first-class or higher second class degree.
> Applicants must hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree or an equivalent degree for doctoral programs.
> In addition, the pending result of the students can apply.