Are you interested in becoming a certified project management associate and gaining international recognition for your skills and knowledge? Do you want to learn from the best practices and standards of the International Project Management Association (IPMA), the leading global authority in project management? Do you want to boost your career prospects and network with other professionals in the field? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you should consider applying for a scholarship for the International Certification in Professional Competencies of IPMA Level D Projects.
The IPMA Level D certification is an entry-level qualification that demonstrates your competence in managing projects according to the IPMA Individual Competence Baseline (ICB), a comprehensive framework of 29 competence elements. The certification is based on a rigorous assessment of your knowledge and understanding of the ICB, as well as your ability to apply it in real-life scenarios. The certification is valid for five years and can be renewed by undergoing a re-certification process. The certification is widely recognized and respected by employers, clients, and peers in the project management industry.
The scholarships for the IPMA Level D certification are offered by various IPMA member associations and certification bodies in different countries. Each member association and certification body has its own criteria and procedures for awarding the scholarships, but they all share the common goal of promoting the professional development and recognition of project managers. The scholarships cover the fees for the certification process, which may include an online application, a written exam, an interview, and a portfolio review. The scholarships do not cover the costs of travel, accommodation, or other expenses related to the certification.
The scholarships are open to anyone who meets the eligibility criteria for the IPMA Level D certification, regardless of their nationality, gender, age, or background. The eligibility criteria include:
- Having a basic knowledge of project management and the ICB
- Having no previous experience required in project management
- Being registered in a full-time or part-time academic program related to project management or a related field, or having completed such a program within the last two years
- Having a good command of the language of the certification process, which may vary depending on the country
- Having a strong motivation and interest in pursuing the certification and advancing in the project management profession
The scholarships are available in various countries where IPMA has a member association and a certification body. Some of the countries that offer the scholarships are:
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
The scholarships cover the fees for the IPMA Level D certification process, which may range from 200 to 800 euros, depending on the country. The scholarships do not cover the costs of travel, accommodation, or other expenses related to the certification.
Level and Field of Study
The scholarships are intended for applicants who are pursuing or have completed an academic program related to project management or a related field, such as engineering, business, information technology, or social sciences. The scholarships are not restricted to any specific level or degree of study, as long as the applicants meet the eligibility criteria for the IPMA Level D certification.
How to Apply
The application process for the scholarships varies depending on the country and the member association and certification body that offer them. Applicants should contact the relevant organization in their country of interest and follow their instructions and guidelines. The application process may include:
- Filling out an online or offline application form
- Submitting a curriculum vitae and a motivation letter
- Providing proof of academic enrollment or completion
- Providing proof of language proficiency, if applicable
- Taking a written exam or an online test
- Attending an interview or a portfolio review
The application deadline for the scholarships also varies depending on the country and the organization. Applicants should check the website of the relevant organization for more details and updates.
Countries that can Apply
The scholarships are open to applicants from any country who meet the eligibility criteria for the IPMA Level D certification. There is no quota or preference for any country or region.
To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must:
- Meet the eligibility criteria for the IPMA Level D certification, as described above
- Apply for the certification process in the country where they are studying or have studied, or in a country where they have a valid residence permit
- Not be previous IPMA Level D certificate holders
- Not be employees or relatives of employees of IPMA, its member associations, or its certification bodies
The scholarship deadline varies depending on the country and the organization that offer them. Applicants should check the website of the relevant organization for more details and updates.
For more information about the scholarships and the IPMA Level D certification, please visit the official website of the IPMA International Project Management Association. You can also find the contact details of the member associations and certification bodies in each country here.