Are you seeking to advance your studies? Seeking to bag that master’s degree or Doctoral degree? the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, and Technology (MESCyT) offers international scholarships for students seeking to pursue their master’s degree and doctoral degree in Domnica.
- Be a Dominican citizen.
- Reside permanently in the Dominican Republic.
- Minimum index of 80/100 or 3.0/4.0 (I know people who applied with a 2.9 index and automatically returned their documents).
- Command of the language of the country where you are going to study.
- MESCyT Scholarship Application Form
- Certificate of Record of Notes legalized by the MESCyT
- Copy of the University Degree legalized by the MESCyT
- 2 Photocopies of the Identity Card (both sides)
- 2 Passport type photos 2×2 (with your name and surname on the back)
- Passport Copy
- Curriculum Vitae (DO NOT exceed your CV of 2 pages and DO NOT include annexes of seminars, courses, jobs, publications, among others).
- 2 sets of Photocopies of the Complete File (Try to get to the MESCyT with your photocopies ready to avoid trouble taking the copies there).
When you complete the Postgraduate Scholarship General Application Form: DO NOT use an email from when you were 12 years old or very complicated, preferably your first and last name. Be professional, and write in understandable letters because all communication with the MESCyT is through emails, and if they do not understand your letters and send emails to the wrong email they will not be able to communicate with you.
Example: Use [email protected] instead of [email protected]
2. Go to the Ministry and deposit your complete file in the following order:
- General Scholarship Application Form (fill it out clearly and carefully)
- Copy of the Title legalized by the MESCyT.
- Record of Notes Legalized by the MESCyT
- Two (2) Copies of ID on both sides and on one side of the sheet.
- Passport-type color photo with your name and surname on the back
- Passport Copy
- Curriculum Vitae (Without Attachments)
- A set of photocopies of the complete file (as I said before, arrive with your copies, do not take them out at the ministry, as there are always disagreements in line).
The set of photocopies is yours. The MESCyT requests it to sign it so you have proof of receipt of your application.
To register, send an email to the program manager, Rosanna Sánchez at [email protected]
The subject in your email must be: NAME UNIVERSITY TO WHICH YOU APPLY / LAST NAME – YOUR NAME
Fill out the registration form: Complete all the information yourself, exactly as you filled it out in the scholarship form.
If you send it incomplete or with data or errors that make it differ from your form, it automatically invalidates your registration.
Send the form by email with the corresponding information and the subject: NAME UNIVERSITY TO WHICH YOU APPLY / SURNAME – YOUR NAME
PRE-SELECTION MESCYT SCHOLARSHIPS
1. You will receive an email through which the MESCyT informs you that you have been pre-selected for the scholarship.
2. Go through the MESCyT and pick up your academic record (the one you deposited during the call in April) that includes your Record of Grades and Legalized Degree.
3. Now you must wait if you are admitted to the University, for the MESCyT to confirm that you can proceed to sign your scholarship contract and withdraw your Scholarship and Admission Letter. This next point is the one that lasts the longest.
MOST SCHOLARSHIPS / CONTRACTS
If you have already been informed about obtaining your scholarship, they will deliver the corresponding contract.
You will be happy when you receive an email with the subject line: CALL FOR CONTRACT SIGNATURE…
They call to sign a contract on a specific date and time. Contracts are signed in the Legal Department of the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology (MESCYT) located on the SECOND FLOOR.
For any information about the signing of the contract or legal questions, the contact is Nardelina Datt, email [email protected], and her phone number is (809) 731-1100, ext.4148.
1. You must sign the 3 sets of photocopies of the contract with your signature on the back and your initials on the front of each page. The MESCyT keeps 2 of them and a copy of your ID.
2. They will give you a scholarship letter signed by the Minister that you are going to use in the Chancellery. You must keep the original and return the signed and dated copy to the MESCyT.
3. In case you have not withdrawn your file before, they will give it to you.
4. An orientation talk is given by the Department of International Scholarships.
5. They will give you the Medical Insurance letter that you must attach to your visa file. If they do not have a copy of your passport, they will request it and you must wait a few days to receive this letter.
Now with the contract in hand, you are safer.
Wish you success