What requirements do you need to study in Australia?
To study in Australia, the first thing you will need is to obtain a student visa. To achieve this, you will have to meet certain requirements, but do not worry, because this content will guide you throughout the process.
Get the student visa
The student visa (subclass 500) is a document with which you can combine studying in Australia with a part-time job.
If your idea is to study for more than three months in Australia, this is the ideal visa for you.
If you would like to study for less than three months and you do not plan to work during your stay, you could also study with a tourist visa or with a Work and Holiday visa.
What will you need to obtain the student visa?
To obtain the student visa you need to meet the following minimum requirements :
- Have a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months.
- Be enrolled in a course approved by the Australian Government and present the COE code ( Confirmation Of Enrollment ).
- Pay the student visa fees ($620 AUD).
- Hire the mandatory OSHC health insurance (we tell you more about this in a few lines below).
- Submit a GTE ( Genuine Temporary Entrant ) letter. This is, without a doubt, the document around which your entire application revolves, the Holy Grail of the adventurers who come to Australia. It is a letter of intent in which you must argue the reasons why you want to study here. One of our certified Visa Experts with the QEAC degree will be in charge of drafting this important document for you to ensure that your visa is granted.
- Depending on the nationality with which you apply for the student visa, the Immigration Department of the Australian Government may ask you for certain additional requirements. Nothing unusual, normal. For example:
- Prove that you are in top health by submitting a medical exam.
- A police record certificate.
- Prove that you have sufficient economic funds and solvency to finance your stay in Australia.
As you can see, the documents may vary according to your student profile and your nationality.
What you will NOT need to obtain a student visa
And there goes the best part: breathe easy, because there are a couple of things that you may have been worried about but that are not necessary to process your student visa:
- You can apply for the visa without having any official English degree: here you come to learn, among many other things.
- You can apply without an age limit. It does not matter if you are 20, 40, 60, or 120 years old (if you are 120 years old, by the way, tell us how you got there, please).
health insurance in Australia
When you come with a student visa it is mandatory to take out medical insurance. If you think about it, it makes sense: think that healthcare in Australia is expensive, and the authorities want to make sure that if you fall ill during your stay you will have enough resources to cover medical expenses.
We really like OSHC insurance from Allianz, Nib, or Bupa because they offer a reasonable price and the best guarantees.
Do you want to know the requirements that you must meet in your particular case in order to travel and study in Australia? Write us!
The International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS) is inviting applications for an Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students. The scholarship is awarded within one of the following degree programs beginning in February 2023: Hospitality Management, International Tourism, Event Management, Business Management, Sports Management, Property Management.
The International College of Management (ICMS) developed a scholarship program 11 years ago to reward the most promising scholars based on their effort, dedication, attitude, aptitude, demonstrated business acumen, and motivation.
The International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS) is a leading business school, offering a balance between management and practical training within a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Applicants must meet the regular ICMS entry requirements in English language proficiency and academic ability.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue the bachelor’s program.
Study Subject: A scholarship is awarded to study Hotel Management, International Tourism, Event Management, Business Management, Sports Management, Property Management.
Number of awards: Not known
Scholarship Award: The scholarship is awarded based on a component 3 application process, which will result in the successful candidate being awarded a scholarship of up to AU$25,000* within one of the ICMS undergraduate degree programs starting on 31 May 2023.
The scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: All applicants must have an international passport. This excludes dual citizens of Australia and other countries, permanent residents, and temporary residents.
Nationality: International students can apply for this scholarship.
University Admission Requirement
Entry Requirement: Applicants must have an International Baccalaureate – IB Diploma with a score of 24.
Test Requirement: No
English language requirements:
- IELTS (academic): general 6.0; Writing 5.5; Speaking 5.5, or
- TOEFL i-BT: total 69; Scripture 19; speaking 17, or
- Pearson (Academic): 50 overall; Typing 42; speaking 42.
How to Apply: Applicants must post and email their scholarship applications. Applications must include English language proficiency, academic proficiency, essay, and scholarship application forms.
- Step 1: Apply for a bachelor’s degree at ICMS
- Step 2: Accept your unconditional letter of offer
- Step 3: Download the scholarship application form
- Step 4: Complete the application form
- Step 5: Submit the application form by 5 pm, Friday, April 14, 2023.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 14, 2023.