Short description:Embu University (UoEm) was established as a Constituent College of the University of Nairobi through Legal Notice No. 65 dated June 17, 2011, by His Excellency the President. EUC is the successor to the former Embu College of Agricultural Personnel Training (EAST), which began in 1947 as an agricultural training school and was later renamed the Embu Institute of Agriculture in 1968. This institute was upgraded to the Embu School of Agricultural Personnel Training (EAST) in 1990 and was given the mandate to develop and implement short management and technical courses, as well as offer research and consultancy services to improve performance in the agricultural sector. agricultural sector. It remained so until June 2011, when it became Embu University College through a Legal Notice No. 65 of June 17, 2011. The EUC council was inaugurated by President Mwai Kibaki after the upgrade of the Training College of Embu Agricultural Staff (EAST). Friday, October 7, 2016, became a historic day for Embu University College. This day marked the transition of the Institution from a Constituent College of the UON to a full-fledged University. Embu University was formally awarded a Charter by President Uhuru Kenyatta at a colorful function at the Statehouse, Nairobi. The goal of the University is to play a leading role in developing and expanding opportunities for higher education and research in agriculture, agribusiness, veterinary medicine, forestry, water, and biological and physical sciences.
What you need to know:The Embu Postgraduate Scholarship encompasses four schools of the University, including the School of Agriculture, the School of Pure and Applied Sciences, the School of Business and Economics, and the School of Education and Social Sciences.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:The Internally Funded Embu Scholarship is available to pursue the following Graduate Programs listed below at its various schools:
- Master of Science in Agricultural Resource Management
- Master of Science in Plant Breeding and Biotechnology
- Master of Science in Agribusiness Management
- Master of Science in Agricultural Extension
School of Pure and Applied Sciences
- Master of Science in Plant Ecology
- Master of Science in Computer Science
School of Economics and Business
- Master of Business Administration
School of Education and Social Sciences.
- Education teacher
- Master of Arts in Linguistics
Host Nationality:The Embu Postgraduate Scholarships available for the schools listed above must be taken in Kenya.
Eligibility Nationality:This postgraduate scholarship is available to Kenyan students.
Scholarship Benefits:The Embu scholarship package covers full tuition and stipends for the duration of the study.
Eligibility Requirement:Applicants for the Internally Funded Embu Postgraduate Scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants MUST be a college graduates.
- The scholarships are open to all UoEm graduates.
- Applicants must have obtained a minimum of Second Class Honors (Upper Division) in a relevant degree from Embu University.
- Application forms can be obtained from the University website at www.embuni.ac.ke, the Registrar’s office (Academic, Research and Extension), or the Embu University Admissions Office.
- Applications must reach the Registrar (Academic, Research, and Extension) on or before September 5.
How to apply:Applicants for the Embu internally funded scholarships are expected to fill out the online application form at the link provided below. Here is some other information about applying for the Embu Postgraduate Scholarships:
- This form must be completed in duplicate.
- The applicant must send a copy of the completed form to the Registrar’s office (ARE) and keep the second copy.
- The applicant must attach a copy of the bachelor’s degree certificate or letter of completion.