Admission Scholarships Scheme at Hong Kong Baptist University’s Academy of Visual Arts for talented international students for the academic year 2022-2023.
All international students interested in pursuing a B.A. Honors degree at Hong Kong Baptist University are eligible for this grant. Candidates that are chosen will get up to HK$40,000.
The IPS plan at the HKBU School of Business is a global project aimed at encouraging business leaders by bringing together highly talented and intellectually driven students from all over the world to one of our selected taught postgraduate programs. Despite their diverse backgrounds, these young leaders have all demonstrated leadership potential and have a desire to make a difference in the world.
About the Scholarship:
Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) is a Hong Kong-based public higher education institution. It provides undergraduate and postgraduate studies in the arts, sciences, social sciences, business, and a variety of other subjects. The university is placed 58th among Asian universities and 261st overall in the QS World University Rankings. We’ll look at some of the greatest scholarships available at Hong Kong Baptist University in this article.
Many international students attend Hong Kong Baptist University, which is located in one of the world’s busiest cultural hubs. Scholarships are offered by both the institution and the Hong Kong government to international students.
They seek to raise educational standards in Hong Kong and strengthen international ties between Hong Kong and the rest of the globe.
Hong Kong Baptist University, ranked 607th among the Best Global Universities, is one of the best publicly supported universities in the world. It cultivates students’ integrity, creativity, communication, employability, and commitment to a better future in order to provide the greatest possible student experience.
HKBU is dedicated to excellence in teaching, education, research, and service, as well as the development of the individual, in all of these initiatives, which are based on the Christian higher education tradition.
Hong Kong Baptist University’s Academy of Visual Arts (AVA) is a public institution that offers degree programs in visual arts that combine studio-based research into contemporary Visual Arts challenges with long-term service to Hong Kong’s cultural and creative sector as well as the community at large.
The academic programs enable interdisciplinary study and connectedness of numerous forms, media, methods, concepts, and processes as Hong Kong’s first professional and practice-based art academy. The visual arts degree program and studio-based curriculum are committed to cultivating international creative and professional abilities. They are related to international exchange, current arts development, and the fast-growing creative sectors.
AVA has two campuses: the Kai Tak Campus in Kwun Tong and the Lee Shau Kee Communication and Visual Arts Building in Kowloon Tong, both of which are equipped with fully equipped workshops and studios for studio and media arts, crafts and design, computer laboratories, galleries, and student studios. The AVA’s Centre for Research and Development in Visual Arts was founded to perform academic research and community projects for the development of visual arts in Hong Kong and the surrounding areas.
The six Faculties/Schools and the Academy of Visual Arts now provide a variety of undergraduate programs, postgraduate teaching and research programs leading to master’s and doctorate degrees, as well as associate degree and higher diploma programs. HKBU is committed to developing future generations of civically involved community members by offering a broad-based, creativity-inspiring education. HKBU has established itself as one of Asia’s greatest institutions of higher learning, leveraging its teaching and research prowess for the benefit of society.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Hong Kong Baptist University
Host Country(s): Hong Kong
Scholarship Worth: HK$40,000
Study Level: Bachelor
Nationality: China and International
The Hong Kong Baptist University Scholarship gives the following benefits to the recipient:
1. Tuition fee waiver in full
2. Allowance (HK$100,000 = $12,800 US dollars)
Eligibility for Scholarship
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
2. IELTS or TOEFL proof of English competency
3. Candidates who have been shortlisted may be invited to an online interview.
4. A strong candidate from a country or region outside of mainland China or Hong Kong for one of our five full-time postgraduate programs.
5. A future leader dedicated to making a good effect on the business community and the globe at large.
6. During the study year, committed to participating in HKBU’s internationalization projects and activities.
*** Each program’s admission committee will carefully assess each application based on all of the material provided in the online application as well as the applicant’s performance in the interview and/or written test. Please keep in mind that the IPS scholarship is only available to highly qualified overseas students. An admitted international student may be offered a scholarship other than IPS, or maybe no funding at all, by the program office.
1. Master of Accountancy.
2. MSc in Applied Accounting and Finance.
3. MSc in Applied Economics.
4. MSc in Business Management.
5. MSc in Corporate Governance and Compliance
The Admission Scholarships at Hong Kong Baptist University is open to all students from mainland China and also to all international students.
1. Students must submit their applications through the university’s online application system. All qualifying students will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
2. Students must produce a passport or other form of identification from their native country, as well as a degree certificate or high school graduation credential.
3. Applicants must provide SAT or ACT results with least 1190 or 23 scores, as well as meet the university’s other admission standards.
4. Scores from the following English language proficiency examinations must be submitted by the students:
– TOEFL IBT score of 79 – IELTS score of 6.0 – C1/C2 – Grade C
5. Fill out an online application for one of the five master’s programs indicated above. As the year progresses, the competition becomes more intense, so we recommend starting your application as soon as possible.
6. There is no need to submit a separate application for the IPS.
7. Pay a HK$450 non-refundable application fee.
The application deadline for Admission Scholarships at Hong Kong Baptist University is 31st January 2022
Do well to check the institution website for all required documents and further process of your application form