Everyone and anyone who enjoys writing and is enthralled by the aromatic world of essential oils are encouraged to write about it in this research paper contest!
Students (undergrads, masters, PhDs), specialists, soapmakers, aromatherapists, homemakers, and doctors are all invited to participate in the Gya Labs’ Research Paper competition. Participants must conduct research on essential oils and provide historical, scientific, experiential, and/or educational papers.
The goal of this competition is to foster creativity, spread awareness of the medicinal uses of essential oils, and introduce these plant oils to individuals who are not yet familiar with them.
Submissions for the 2022 contest are currently being accepted.
The submission deadline date is December 31, 2022.
Pick any of the topics below to enter the contest now!
- Using aromatherapy to treat the symptoms of menopause
- Aromatherapy Massage for Breast Cancer Patients
- The Impact of Aromatherapy on Depression and Anxiety in Cancer Patients
- Effect of aromatherapy on hemodialysis patients’ relief from pruritus
- The Effects of Citrus Aurantium Essential Oil Aromatherapy on Sleep Quality
- Aromatherapy for Insomnia
- Effectiveness of aromatherapy in reducing body pain
- Use of essential oils for skin repairs
- The effectiveness of ginger oil for weight loss
- The uses of aromatherapy for nasal congestion
- Use of aromatherapy for melioidosis
- The research paper must be at least 2000 words long.
- The research paper should be written entirely from scratch and adhere to US English grammar rules. Papers that are poorly written or plagiarized will be rejected. The research has to be creative and reviewed before submission.
- The research report may be based on knowledge gained from experience, scientific research, or historical context.
- Wherever necessary, mention relevant sources.
- The research paper can be submitted in MS Word or PDF format, and participants are free to adopt their favorite writing style.
Who Can Take Part
Literally, anyone can enter this competition. Everyone who enjoys writing and is capable of conducting research on essential oils is eligible to participate in the competition. Freelancers, students, researchers, and aromatherapists, can all enter the competition.
- First place prize: The winning essay will get $5,000 and be published on Gyalab’s website.
- Second place prize: $4,000 and publication of the essay on the Gyalab website
- Third-place prize: $3000 plus publication of the article on the Gyalab website
Additional information and FAQs
Are applicants allowed to submit multiple entries?
No. Right now, each participant is only allowed one entry. However, in the near future, things could be different.
Will the essay be reviewed for plagiarism after submission?
Yes. Actually, the Gya Lab team and a number of software will thoroughly check the submitted work for plagiarism.
Will the essay be grammar-checked after submission?
Yes, every essay that has been submitted will have its grammar examined carefully.
I want to know if they received my essay, how would I know?
After you send your essay, you will receive an automated response through email.
How many words should the essay not exceed?
A minimum of 750 words must be attained. The sky is the limit as far as word count is concerned; you are free to write as much as you like. Garrulous writings with evident repetitions, however, will not be accepted.
Do word counts include titles?
The essay’s primary heading or topic will not be included in the calculation of its word count.
What should I do if the deadline has passed?
They stick to the deadline stringently. However, they intend to regularly host these competitions on their website. Therefore, if you missed the deadline, you will have another opportunity to submit it at a later time.