If you are an African student from South Sudan and Ethiopia, you can study in Europe in the Czech Republic at no cost. The Government Scholarships for South Sudanese and Ethiopian Students in the Czech Republic make this very possible.
The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships for South Sudanese and Ethiopian students in the Czech Republic. These scholarships are available for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies; and are provided for study in two languages: Czech or English.
They cover the necessary costs related to the stay and studies in CR and the amount of the scholarship is modified periodically.
Here is a table of what to expect:
Table of Contents.
- Scholarship Description
- How much is the government scholarship for South Sudanese and Ethiopian students? | Scholarship Worth
- scholarship number
- Who can apply for government scholarships for South Sudanese and Ethiopian students? | Eligibility
- Application procedure
- Deadline for application
Providing scholarships to citizens of developing countries to study at Czech public higher education institutions (“HEIs”) is an important part of the Czech Republic’s (“CR”) foreign development cooperation with a long tradition.
From the late 1950s to the present, more than 21,500 foreigners have completed their studies at Czech HEIs with a scholarship from the Government of the Central African Republic.
Government scholarships for studies in public HEIs in the CR are governed by a Resolution of the Government of the CR as part of a joint project pursued by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (“MEYS”) (www.msmt.cz) and The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (“MFA”) (www.mzv.cz).
How much is the government scholarship for South Sudanese and Ethiopian students? | Scholarship Worth
- The scholarship covers the necessary expenses related to the stay and study at the CR. The amount of the scholarship is modified regularly.
- Currently, the amount paid to students in a bachelor’s, master’s or follow-on master’s study program is CZK 14,000 per month, while the amount paid to students in a doctoral study program is CZK 15,000 per month.
- The scholarship amount above includes an amount designated for the payment of accommodation costs.
- The costs of accommodation, food, and public transport are covered by scholarship holders under the same conditions that apply to students who are citizens of the RC.
- Medical attention that exceeds standard care will be required by the student, he/she will have to cover it at his/her own cost.
The scholarship is available for Ethiopian students BSP, MSP, DSP in the Czech language: 3 and follow-up MSP, and DSP in the English language: 1 while for students from Sudan: 1.
Who can apply for government scholarships for South Sudanese and Ethiopian students? | Eligibility
Students from Ethiopia and South Sudan can apply for this scholarship.
The scholarship is offered for 3-4-year-old college students (in the Czech language); for master’s students from 4 to 6 years (in Czech) or from 1 to 3 years (in English); for doctoral students 3-4 years (in the Czech language) or 3-4 years (in the English language).
This scholarship is available to pursue bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees at Czech public higher education institutions in the field of:
- (in Czech) geology, forestry, medicine, economics, agriculture, energy engineering, shoemaking
- (Ethiopia) energy engineering, agriculture/food processing, medicine, economics (trade)
- (South Sudan) and (in English)
- Ethiopia / South Sudan: Agriculture, Economics (Trade), Information Technology from Czech Public Higher Education Institutions.
All scholarships are hosted by the Government of the Czech Republic.
The scholarship is available for Ethiopian and South Sudanese students. Aside from scholarships, there are other scholarships available for international students to study abroad.
Complete Guide to Getting a UK Tier 4 Student Visa for International Students.
The application mode is done electronically. All applicants will be required to complete an electronic application form available at the website address and successfully register (ie obtain an application identification number by submitting a fully completed application form to the relevant authority electronically).
Nominated applicants will also be required to submit a printed “Czech Republic Government Scholarship Application Form”, which must meet the requirements below:
- It should be completed using roman letters, if possible in English or Czech;
- The assigned application identification number will be indicated in the upper right corner;
- One photo (45mm x 35mm) will be printed or pasted in a designated location;
- All boxes will be filled out completely and truthfully in accordance with the instructions that accompany each box;
- The applicant must pay special attention to the content of a box called “Motivational Letter” in which he will briefly describe his expectations regarding future studies, practical application of learning, and benefits for the country that has applied. hers;
- The applicant will be required to sign a hard copy of the application form with their own hand.
Deadline for application:
The application deadline falls annually in September.