Applications are invited for the Post Matric Fresh & Renewal Scholarship: Karnataka Minority Directorate of Karnataka State Students. The scholarship is proudly sponsored by the Gokdom Minorities Welfare department at the Directorate of Minorities in India.
It has a great reputation for providing financial assistance to minority students from Karnataka state for higher studies abroad in Masters, Ph.D., and postdoctoral courses, etc., in prestigious Foreign Universities.
Minority students who opt to pursue their studies abroad at prestigious foreign universities after their degree are awarded the Karnataka Government National Overseas Scholarship at a rate of Rs. 20.00 lakhs for a 2-year course only.
About the Directorate of Minorities
The main functions of the department are to introduce schemes to promote the accelerated socio-economic development of minorities, introduce educational concessions for students, implement a scheme for the development of women and children, and provide training and employment opportunities, thus addressing the problems of economic backwardness among minorities
The Gokdom Scholarship is intended for students from the minority communities of Karnataka.
The Karnataka Post-Matric Scholarship is hosted in India. If you are an international student and wish to study in India.
The Gokdom scholarship has a value that includes the provision of tuition fees to enable students to study in any local and foreign university.
The Gokdom Karnataka Post-Matric Scholarship is available to Karnataka domiciled students studying in other states of India.
1000 students will receive financial assistance to study in foreign universities, through the National Overseas Plan.
To be eligible, entrants must
- Students must have earned a score of 50% and above in their previous semester (for semester courses) Previous Year (for full-year courses);
- The annual income of the parents/guardians of the students from all sources must not exceed Rs.2 Lakh for post-matriculation scholarships.
- Students taking correspondence studies and certificate courses or training are not eligible.
- Karnataka-domiciled students studying in other states can also apply in Karnataka.
- Students from other states studying in Karnataka are not eligible to apply from Karnataka.
Please read the following instructions carefully before completing the online application.
- Open Bank Account (Preferably in Nationalized Banks).
- Go to the bank, and link your Aadhar number with your bank account number.
- Students have to apply online only. No other mode of application is accepted.
Formats for documents under serial number 3 are available on our website.
Post-Matric students do not need to upload their documents
Supported file types for uploading documents: – PDF, JEP, JEPG.
For better visibility, use Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer
Fresh procedure :
- Go to the website http://www.scholarships.gov.in
- Click on “New User? Register”.
- Read and carefully read the guidelines for registering for the National Scholarship Portal
- After reading the guidelines, click the “Continue” button
- A new page will be displayed requesting the entry of personal data. Fill out the student registration form.
- Mark Aadhar’s consent in a checkbox
- After entering all the required details, click the “Sign Up” button.
- The student’s registration ID will be displayed. (Write down the student’s registration ID number for further reference and inquiries.
- Click the “Continue” button, which will take you to the login page.
- The student must log back in using the student registration ID number and date of birth in the format (DD/MM/YYYY).
- After login, the student will get a 5-digit OTP on the registered mobile number.
Confirm OTP will take you to the student home page
- Click on the “Application Form” button and enter the details mentioned below:
Details Basic Data
- After entering the above details, click “Save and Continue” to proceed to the next page
The applicant is directed to refer to the next page for “Contact Details and Scheme Details”.
** Enter your contact details.
** Depending on the student’s eligibility criteria, outlines will be displayed.
** Select “POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES MINORITIES CS” for post-matric courses.
** After selecting the outline, on the same page, an Upload Document section will be displayed, please upload your documents there (only for MCM students).
** Please double-check all your entries, and uploaded documents, before finally submitting the application, as there will be no provision to amend or modify it later. Click Finish Submit. Take a print on the print button you click for your reference and as an Acknowledgment.
How to renew:
- Go to the website http://www.scholarships.gov.in
- Click the “Request Renewal” button.
- Students must log in using last year’s student registration ID number and date of birth in (DD/MM/YYYY) format.
- After logging in it will take you to the student home page
- Click the “Pre-Filled Information” button and check the details for last year.
- Click “Request Renewal” and enter the renewal details
- Click Final Submission. Please take a print on the click print button for reference and as an acknowledgment.
You can access more information about the scholarship and start the application by clicking on the following link; https://gokdom.kar.nic.in/
To access more scholarships in India, please click on the relevant link: http://www.scholarships.gov.in
Deadline for application:
Post Matric Scholarship Fresh 08.31.2023: Renewal of the Post Matric scholarship 07.31.2023.