The Global Korea Scholarship, GKS-UIC Undergraduate Scholarships are designed to provide international students with the opportunity to study at higher education institutions in Korea in pursuit of academic degrees, which will enhance international educational exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and the participating countries.
As the Korean Government Scholarship Programs were integrated and named Korea Global Scholarships in 2010, the name was changed to GKS (Korea Global Scholarships).
ASSOCIATE DEGREE PROGRAMS AND UNIVERSITIES
1-year Korean language program
+ 2~3 years degree program
1 year of Korean language program
+ 4 years of the degree program
a.1. (8 universities) Ajou University, Konyang University, Kookmin University, Korea Polytechnic University, Korea University of Technology and Education, Pusan National University, Sogang University, Soonchunhyang University
b. Associate Degree:
b.1. (2 Universities) Kyungbok University, Yeungjin University
AREAS OF STUDY
1. Software Engineering
2. Cyber Security
3. Medical Artificial Intelligence
4. Software Development
5. Artificial Intelligence
Engineering 7. Mechanical Engineering
8. Computer Science
Engineering 10. Mechanical
Engineering 11. Industrial Engineering
12 Computer Science and Software
Engineering 13. Nano Energy
Engineering 14. Nano Mechatronics
Engineering 15. Optical and Mechatronics Engineering
16. Biological Sciences
17. Electronic Engineering
18. Chemical and Biomolecular
Engineering 19. Big Data Engineering
20. Internet of Things
Engineering 21. Computer Software
Engineering 22. Information Security
Engineering 23. Medical Computer
Engineering 24. Data Analysis Engineering
25. AI Convergence School of Mechanical Engineering
a. This program is available to all applicants from any country.
b. All applicants and their parents must NOT have Korean citizenship. If an applicant or her parents have dual citizenship (one who has Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country), they are NOT eligible to apply.
c. Applicants and their parents who have previously held Korean citizenship must submit documentation showing their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION
1. Applicants who have graduated (or are expected to graduate) from a high school may apply for a bachelor’s degree program or an associate degree program.
2. Applicants who have graduated (or are expected to graduate) from an associate degree program may only apply to a bachelor’s degree program.
3. Applicants expected to graduate before August 31, 2022, must first submit a certificate of expected graduation. The official graduation certificate (or diploma) and final academic transcript must be submitted to the GKS Center, NIIED by August 31, 2022