New study opportunity in South Korea. The GIST global scholarship is promoted each academic year in order to support international applicants who wish to complete their learning in areas such as master’s and/or doctorate. The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology will provide what is necessary for students who come from abroad to achieve high performance in the professional and labor field.
GIST is one of the most recognized universities and institutes in all South Korea. This was established by the government of that nation in 1993. Its main mission is to train national and international students in the best way.
Since its inception, it has benefited young people with dreams of consolidating an academic career with the creation of various projects where they demonstrate their great commitment and potential.
GIST Fellows are equipped with world-class knowledge and skills regarding science and technology through research-oriented projects and courses. Furthermore, the GIST Fully Funded Scholarship is a project of the university with the South Korean Ministry of Science and Technology.
Institutions where you will study:
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), South Korea.
Levels and study areas:
Full-time Masters and Ph.D.
Who can participate?:
International students from any nation on the globe who demonstrate a high academic commitment.
The GIST will consign the following awards to the applicants who are winners of the full scholarships in South Korea:
- All international students will receive 100% support in the cost of tuition, that is, the cost of tuition will be eliminated.
- Master’s students will receive a monthly stipend of 140,000 won.
- Doctoral students will receive a monthly stipend of 295,000 won.
- Both master’s and doctoral students will receive a meal allowance of 100,000 Won. (Note: students must complete at least 9 credits in the previous semester in order to receive the student and food allowance).
- An international student allowance of 120,000 Won will be awarded to Master’s and Ph.D. students, however, the student must maintain a GPA of 3 or higher than 4.5 in the previous semester.
- All Master’s students who participate in research projects will receive a research grant of 4,785,384 won per year, while Ph.D. students who participate in research projects will receive a research grant of 12,263,262 won per year.
- A one-way flight to Korea will be reimbursed.
- 80% of the national medical insurance will be covered. Medical insurance also includes annual medical check-ups.
Conditions that must be met by participants:
- International applicants who have a perfect academic record.
- Have a cumulative GPA above 3.0.
- To apply for admission to the full-time master’s course you must have an undergraduate degree, and for the doctoral program, the GIST Institute committee will require a master’s certificate obtained from an internationally renowned university.
- The interested student must make a formal registration through the online registration system of the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST).
- Present proficiency in English with the following tests: TOEFL (BT) 80 / TOEFL (PBT) 550 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 750 / NEW TEPS 327. In case you do not get the result of your test on time, your home university can grant a professional certificate of command of the English language.
Instructions to apply:
- Transcripts and academic records.
- Complete GIST scholarship application.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
- English language proficiency test.
- Copy of the applicant’s passport.
- Among others.
Each of the documents must be sent by email from the university. If you want to know more about the selection processes and awards to consign, visit the official website of the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST).
Until October 14, 2022.