Application for the German Development Bank KFW Masters Scholarships 2022-2023 is opening soon!
This scholarship is for students from the East African Community (EAC) for KFW-funded Masters’s scholarships.
To apply successfully, please read this article to learn all the details about this award: eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more. The table below will give you an overview of what to expect.
About German Development Bank (KFW) Masters Scholarship Award
Applications are invited for the scholarship program mentioned above, supported by the German Development Bank (KFW) in collaboration with the East African Community (EAC) and implemented by the Inter-University Council of East Africa (IUCEA). The objective of this initiative is to contribute to the training of leaders who promote the regional integration of the EAC.
Applicants are expected to study in countries other than their own at selected universities and programs. Selected applicants will be offered a comprehensive package that includes scholarships for the master’s programs, internships, mentorship, networking events, and further leadership training activities.
The scholarship will support master’s students in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Science, Technology, and Business Studies programs. IUCEA hereby invites students who are citizens of the East African Community (EAC) Partner States to submit applications to apply for the KFW-funded Master’s Scholarships.
German Development Bank (KFW) Masters Scholarships, Award Value:
The scholarship covers:
- University fees: payable directly to the university according to the official invoice;
- Stipend: EUR 380 per month to defray living expenses, including housing, food, utilities, local transportation, and settlement costs;
- Subsidies for study and research materials: 1,500 EUR lump sum;
- Medical insurance; Y
- Extracurricular Events – At least one event per year.
German Development Bank KFW Masters Scholarships – Eligibility
To qualify for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria
- Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
fields of study
- 1) Mathematics, 2) Engineering, 3) Computer Science, 4) Science, 5) Technology and 6) Business Studies.
type of award
- Award, Research
To take in (Country
- EAC partner state other than your country of citizenship
Field of study
The applicant must be a female scientist who has received her Ph.D. within the previous ten years. The eligible subject fields for the 2022 awards include:
- Agricultural science
- Astronomy, space, and earth sciences
- Biological systems and organisms
- chemical sciences
- Computer and information technology
- engineering sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Medical and health sciences (including neurosciences)
- Structural, Cellular, and Molecular Biology
In addition, the applicant must have lived and worked in one of the following lagging countries in science and technology for at least 5 of the last 15 years :
Please note that an applicant must NOT, at the time of application, have an active Research Fellowship or World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) Fellowship or have applied to a TWAS program within the same given year. Only one application per year is possible in all TWAS and OWSD programs.
Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programs. An exception is made only for the director of an institution who invites an external academic to share his or her experience under the TWAS Visiting Professor programs; he can still apply for another program.
Number of Awardees
- 5 prizes. One woman is awarded for each of the five regions of the developing world: Latin America and the Caribbean; East and Southeast Asia and the Pacific; the Arab region; Central and South Asia; and Sub-Saharan Africa (see list of African countries above)
- 2 years
A number of prizes:
The minimum requirements to qualify for the program are:
- Be a citizen of a partner state of the East African Community;
- Possess the academic qualifications required for admission to the program (at least at the Upper Second Class Honors or “Distinction” level, as appropriate;
- Submit a motivation letter in English (with no more than 500 words) as follows:
- well written (grammatically and professionally)
- Demonstrates compelling motivation for wanting to pursue your chosen master’s program.
- Adequately demonstrates the applicant’s intended professional engagement in the EAC integration agenda after completion of the master’s program
- Demonstrates how they hope to apply the skills and knowledge gained from the Master’s Program to contribute to the EAC Integration Agenda
- It demonstrates where they hope to see themselves professionally and academically in 5 and 10 years.
Note: must be a letter
- Be Under 35 years of age;
- Have obtained an admission from a university in another country of the EAC Region other than your own.
How to apply?
View the award webpage link (below)
- It is important to go through all the application requirements on the award webpage (see link below) before applying.
- GOOD LUCK
Click on the BUTTON below to apply.
Deadline for application:
The deadline for this award application is