The Student Financial Aid Office (SFAO) General Electric is accepting applications for 2023 from undergraduates University of Ghana students in need and reading Bachelor of Computer Science and Applied Science.
General Electric will provide flat qualification scholarship support through the “ GE Scholarship ”, for the benefit of certain the University of Ghana undergraduate students in the areas of BA Computer Science and some BSc Applied Sciences for the next three years of 2017, 2018, and 2019 (individually “ Year of the Scholarship”). The scholarships are renewable each year as long as they maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher.
This post provides you with information about the General Electric Scholarships for Ghana Undergraduates 2023 and how you can apply. You can check out the table of contents below for an overview of all that this post entails;
About General Electric Scholarship for Ghanaian Students
Level/field of study
General Electric Scholarship is for undergraduate students pursuing their career in one of the listed fields of study
BSc Computer Science and any of the following BSc Applied Sciences:
1. Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
2. Bachelor of Science in Materials Science and Engineering
Faculty of Physical Sciences and Mathematics
1. Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
2. Bachelor of Earth Sciences
3. Bachelor of Science in Computer Technologies
The GE Scholarship is hosted and taken in Ghana.
Browse our scholarship by subject to learn more.
General Electric Scholarship is only available to Ghanaian students.
The scholarship covers:
- Academic and residential fees.
- Booking reservation and disbursement.
- Leadership training and limited Internships (If the candidate maintains an excellent academic level and the need is demonstrated)
Eligibility for General Electric Scholarship 2023
The candidate is eligible to apply if he/she:
- he is a Ghanaian
- He is a level 100 student.
- I got an aggregate of 15 or better on the WASSCE.
- You can demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all education-related expenses.
- has the will to succeed (determination, perseverance, and success in other activities).
- you are reading Bachelor of Computer Science or Basic Applied Science in the following areas: Bachelor of Information Technology, Materials Science and Engineering, Earth Sciences, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Will maintain a CGPA of 2.5
- is of good conduct.
How to Apply for the General Electric Scholarship 2023
Interested candidates must provide the following to apply:
For the need :
• An official pay slip or payroll record of the parent/guardian or applicant.
• Receipts/recent school receipts from school-age siblings.
• Tax return receipts: IRS, VAT, table sales receipts, etc.
• Birth certificates (of siblings).
• Death certificate or burial permit (in case of death of one of the parents).
• Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
• Ghana Cocoa Farmers Board Bank Statements / Passbook.
• SSNIT Contribution Statements.
• Money transfer receipts.
• Receipts from the National Health Insurance (showing the premium paid).
• Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
• Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing of your application.
• High school transcripts (terminal reports)
• West African Higher School Certification Examination (WASSCE) results
• University acceptance letter
• Records on achievement tests, academic awards, honors, and substantive evaluations from teachers, including letters of recommendation.
• Confirm that you are not currently receiving support through another scholarship program
Interested candidates must download and submit a completed form. GE-FUND SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM and required essays, a copy of the candidate’s academic records (WASSCE scores), letters of recommendation, and supporting documents of need.
The GE Scholarship 2024 Application Deadline
General Electric Scholarship Application 2024 closing date was February 1, 2024