UNFPA invites all outstanding youth in Ghana to apply for the Youth Leaders Fellowship Program commencing from June 2023-2024. To engage the young generations, UNFPA Ghana launched the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program which lines up with the United Nations Youth Strategy that approaches UN organizations to “increment influence and extend worldwide, territorial and nation level activity to address the necessities, build more agencies and advance the freedom of the youth in Ghana.
Youth Leaders Fellowship Program
UNFPA offers a one-year fellowship program for students in Ghana, the Youth Leaders Fellowship Program intended to empower young future leaders in Ghana to transform and innovate their leadership skills. YoLe Fellowship support the development of the capacity of young generations by providing opportunities for their career and professional development in the area of leadership at different levels and sectors, which also includes the United Nations System.
The successful fellows will have access to one-on-one coaching and mentorship from high-achieving personalities in different levels and sectors. The fellowship program will be commencing from June 2023-May 2024. UNFPA encourages young students and future leaders in Ghana to apply for the 5th Cohort of the fellowship program to help them enhance their skills and an experience that will help them build more connections and achieve their career and professional needs.
The YoLe Association Program additionally upholds the Public authority of Ghana’s needs on youth improvement; financial and economic strengthening of youth business venture and financial incorporation, youth employment, movements, and health.
Scholarship Provider: UNFPA
About the Provider
UNFPA is officially named the United Nations Population Fund. The association was made in 1969, that very year the United Nations General Gathering announced “guardians have the restrictive right to decide unreservedly and mindfully the number and separating of their kids. The UNFPA requires the acknowledgment of reproductive rights for all and supports admittance to an extensive variety of sexual and reproductive health administrations – including intentional family arranging maternal health care.
Since UNFPA began its work, the world has seen improvement: The number and pace of ladies dying from inconveniences of pregnancy or labor have been split. Families are healthier and young generations have been more empowered and connected than it was before. 2018, the UNFPA launched endeavors that accomplish three groundbreaking outcomes, desires that guarantee to impact the world for each man, lady, and youth in Ghana.
The United Nations Group works coherently to help Ghana in accomplishing the Thousand Years Improvement Objectives, progressing fair financial development and decreasing neediness, through limited advancement, fortifying of responsibility, and the conveyance of value social administrations, with an emphasis on the most denied and weak populations.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Ghana
- Degree Level: Bachelor’s
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: One year
- Awards: Mentoring and Coaching
- Fellowship Country: Ghana
- Renewable: No
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, interested youth applicants in Ghana must meet the basic eligibility criteria of the fellowship program.
- Must be a citizen of Ghana and graduate from one of the tertiary institutions in Ghana
- The applicants must be able to commit to a one-year fellowship program
- Must be at the age of 18-30 at the time of their application
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be proactive.
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English. All applications and requirements must be submitted in the English language.
- Must have a passion for leadership, Social Entrepreneurship which also includes innovation, artificial intelligence, and agribusiness, and show their desire to have an effect locally: explicitly, exhibit interest and devotion to improvement issues laid out through either volunteer insight, work insight, affiliations with a youth organization or NGO, in the region of UNFPA’s mandate, a passion about contributing towards Ghana’s desires on Plan 2030.
- Women and persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
- The applicants must have basic knowledge of right advocacy, reproductive health, and innovations.
The applicants who meet the eligibility criteria of the fellowship may proceed with their application.
- The application process can be accessed in an online portal provided by the UNFPA.
- The application form must be completed including the personal information of the applicants.
- As part of the application process, the students are required to submit additional materials to support their application.
- CV or Resume
- Motivation Statements
- Legal evidence of age
- An application letter that outlined the applicants’ professional goals and reasons to apply for the fellowship program.
The YoLe Fellowship is a one-year program that means to enable youthful, innovative students who recently graduated from tertiary institutions or universities s in Ghana and decidedly influence their networks.
The program gives mentoring and training in different individual and expert capabilities, including Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) promotion, Data and Correspondence Innovation (ICT), interview skills, and networking. Since its origin in 2018, the YoLe Fellowship has prepared and guided a few youngsters in four companions, addressing the gaps in youth improvement while adding to the accomplishment of Sustainable Advancement.
- All applications must be uploaded to an online portal provided by the UNFPA.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified, their registered email will be used to update the applicants.
- The youth who are currently working in youth organizations and aim to develop their leadership skills are encouraged to apply for the fellowship program.
- The successful fellows must read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the program.
The deadline to complete and submit the applciation is until April 303, 2023. All late applications will not be considered, however, the fellowship will be opening another cohort session for 2023-2024.