To promote advanced education and improve skills for Nigerian students, the Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) on behalf of itself, Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited, and its Co-venture partners invites all Nigerian qualified students to apply for the NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship Program for the academic year of 2023-2024.
About the Scholarship
The scholarship aims to provide assistance yearly to successful students who can demonstrate their academic skills and motivation to pursue their higher education in an undergraduate degree program in any of the accredited universities in Nigeria. Shell’s help for educational improvement includes helping host networks to give reasonable and subjective education that at last reaches every individual. This includes dynamic counsel at all progressive phases of arranging, execution, and assessment, with all partners.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC/TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) runs hearty scholarship programs which date back to the 1950s and have supported thousands of students, most especially from their host networks, a large number of whom are among Nigeria’s business, political and social pioneers.
The goal of the SPDC JV scholarship programs is to develop Nigeria’s ability to represent things to come. In facilitation of this goal and to promote academic greatness among young Nigerians particularly those from less-privileged foundations, the SPDC welcomes applications from reasonably qualified full-time Nigerian Students conceded in the 2023/2024 academic meeting to apply for the SPDC JV University scholarship grants.
Scholarship Provider: Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture)
About the Provider
As one of the world’s leading energy companies, Shell now plays a key role to help people all around the world by providing sustainability through energy, communities, and education. Shell has a background marked over 50 years in Nigeria and the biggest footprint of all the international oil and gas companies operating in the country. Shell is a coordinated energy company that means to satisfy the world’s developing need for energy in manners that are monetarily, naturally, and socially responsible.
As a worldwide energy company operating in a difficult world, they set exclusive requirements of performance and moral ways of behaving. They are decided by how they act – their reputation is upheld by how they satisfy their fundamental beliefs of genuineness, honesty, and respect for people. Their eight Business Principles depend on these fundamental beliefs and demonstrate how they promote trust, openness, collaboration and professionalism, and pride in what we do.
They were quite possibly the earliest worldwide company to state and share their convictions when they published our Overall Business Principles in 1976. As part of these principles, they resolve to add to maintainable development, adjusting short-and long haul interests and coordinating monetary, natural, and social contemplations into their navigation.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Nigeria
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: Up to four years
- Scholarship Awards: Tuition fee
- Scholarship Country: Nigeria
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application the students must meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship.
- The applicants must be Nigerian Citizens
- Must at present be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian University certified by the NUC.
- Have a base CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system or the same in other grade frameworks; and
- Not be a recipient of some other scholarship from a substance in the oil and gas industry, Public or International.
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Application Should be gotten no later than the specified application deadline through the scholarship portal As it were.
- Just candidates that meet the qualification standards will be welcomed for the observed computer-based test.
- Just the top 10 candidates will be shortlisted from every one of the 36 states and the Government Capital Domain for academic check before the scholarship offer.
- Candidates with adulterated results will be excluded.
- Just candidates that have effectively fulfilled the above standards will be reached to get the scholarship grant.
- All researchers should keep at least a 3.5 CGPA per meeting, in a 5-grade system or the same in other grade systems, to support the honor.
- All interested applicants must have valid personal information such as email accounts and phone numbers.
- The application can be made in an online portal provided on the official website.
- The candidates are required to include their personal and educational details on the application form.
- The applicants must be able to provide all the required materials for the application.
- At the portal, start by clicking the apply button and register to create an account
- Check your email for activation of the account
- Enter all information needed including the required materials for the applciation
- Keep in mind that it is important to check the name provided for the application and it must match the uploaded documents.
- After the application submission, all applicants will be receiving an email that the application is successful.
Note: Past applicants who have recorded or has been participated in the application last academic year are not eligible to apply again. There is no application fee for the scholarship.
- Passport-sized photos, must be taken recently and converted into a JPEG file, not to exceed more than 200 bytes.
- JAMB Admission Letter
- UTME Results or Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations
- Letter of Identification
- Academic results
The scholarship will be covering the student’s tuition fee and other related expenses. To stay qualified you should: be a full-time student gaining good education progress in your certification program; keep a typical least of 3.5 CGPA, and meet the campus’ student lead standards. Note that, the awards will be relinquished assuming it is found that you have disregarded the conditions of the scholarship program.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until April 14, 2023.