The Nippon Strategic Needs Fellowship for 2023 opens its application and encourages all eligible candidates to start their application and be one of the fellows who can demonstrate their interest in maritime law.
The Strategic Needs Fellowship plans to empower the vulnerable States, especially least developed countries, little island creating States, and landlocked agricultural nations, to all the more likely location strategically significant and time-delicate issues confronting them in the ocean affairs and the law of the ocean.
Government authorities from these States with a restricted foundation in sea issues and the law of the ocean, who are filling key situations in their Organization, are given a top to bottom profoundly tweaked preparation on the sea affairs and the law of the ocean, with an emphasis on those areas where States have recognized basic limit boundaries.
Fellows who competed in the program are supposed to get back to their positions and utilize their preparation on international legal systems, main points of contention and best practices in oceans affair, crafted by the Unified Nations, and professional skills, to help their States in the execution of the Unified Countries Show on the Law of the Ocean and related instruments, as well as Sustainable development Goal (SDG) 14 and other related SDGs.
Fellowship Provider: United Nations
About the Provider
Established in 1945, the United Nations is an international organization currently consisting of 193 member states, their objectives, and work are guided by the principle and purpose of its founding charter.
The UN has developed throughout the years to stay up with a quickly impacting world. In any case, one thing has remained something similar: it stays the one put on Earth where every one of the world’s countries can assemble, examine normal issues, and track down shared arrangements that benefit all of mankind.
What UN Do
United Nations Covers five main areas:
- To maintain International Peace and Security
- Protecting human rights
- Providing humanitarian aid
- Support the sustainability and developments
- International Law
The United Nations itself is one piece of the UN System. Collaboration between the UN and different substances of the UN system is fundamental to accomplish the reasons for the Association spread out in the UN Contract.
Since its Sanction was composed, the United Nations has been mandated to accomplish new work which was not imagined at the hour of its redevelopment and build a more sustainable world, and it has consented to aggregate activity to slow down environmental change. As the issues confronting humankind have developed, crafted by the United Nations has additionally developed.
- Applicant’s Nationality: Any
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Degree Level: Any
- Number of Awards: NA
- Award: Travel expenses and a monthly stipend
- Country: United States
- Duration: Up to one year
- Renewable: No
- Offered Annually: Yes
The states are encouraged to nominate Government Officials with a background in ocean affairs and sea law, who can fill the key position in their administrations of the United Nations Conventions on the Law of the Sea.
The nominated candidates must meet the following:
- Must be at the age of 25-40 at the time of the application.
- Must have completed a first degree at any university
- A Government Official from eligible developing countries who deal directly with critical issues related to the sustainable development of the sea which includes the implementation of the agenda of 2023 for Sustainable Development, national or regional sea policy, the establishment of the maritime zones, elimination of the maritime boundaries and the coastal zone management, management and conservation of the maritime living resources, maritime shipping, maritime transport, maritime security, preservation and protection of the maritime environment and marine science.
- Their proposed concentration on the program should contribute straightforwardly to the State’s definition and/or execution of ocean affairs and the law of the ocean arrangements and projects;
- Should be liberated from all non-Fellowship commitments during this whole period except if generally approved by the Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Ocean, Office of Legal Affairs.
Fulfillment of the above eligibility criteria should be obviously exhibited by the candidate through the application forms and affirmed by the nominating authority. The “Designation and recommendation form” should be finished by an Administration official who can validate the idea of the candidate’s work concerning the Public authority’s ocean affairs and the law of the ocean-related exercises, and show how an Honor would straightforwardly add to these exercises.
Women are encouraged to apply for the fellowship, in regard to achieving gender equality in the selection process.
- Interested applicants must download the application form and fill up all the information electronically.
- Each question should be responded to plainly and totally to guarantee that the application will be handled. While finishing this form, candidates ought to give specific consideration to segments 18, 19, and 20. If the chance that necessary, candidates might connect something like one extra page of a similar size
- The application form will be consisting of two documents one for the personal history and research study program and 2nd for the mo, nominations, and recommendation form. Both forms must be completed and signed and must be returned in either word r pdf format.
- Once the form is completed, email them directly to [email protected]
- All successful fellows will be receiving a monthly stipend at the time of the fellowship in New York. Nippon Foundation Fellows will be participating in the program for 9 months at the host institution.
- Fellows will also be provided with airfare tickets to travel from their home country to New York.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until March 24, 2023.