Santa Fe Institute in the USA offers the Complexity Postdoctoral Fellowship for the academic year of 2023-2024. The fellowship aims to provide the new scholars an opportunity to do and collaborate their own research with the community of researchers who thoroughly work together to think creatively and across different disciplines. Researchers aim to discover the important things about complex systems that will be pivotal for both society and science. Unlike another academic settings that will separate the ideas in a specific area, the Institute encourages all scientists to go beyond thier boundaries in every discipline. Researchers will be free to combine and collaborate their ideas from various areas like Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Computer Science, Humanities, and Social Science to come up with creative insights that will push their boundaries in Science.
The Complexity Postdoctoral Fellowship at Santa Fe investigates where the government, academia, and industry meet. This fellowship program started in 2019 and involves certain fellows who are engaged in Applied Projects in Science. The project will be guided by the Santa Fe Institute Resident Faculty and receive support from the industry and government partners. The first two Applied Complexity Projects will be initiative and centered on the following:
- Apply the scale theory to human organization
- Work with applied belief dynamics
Fellowship Provider: Santa Fe Institute
About the Institute
Source: Santa Fe Institute
The Santa Fe Institute was established in the Year of 1984 and holds the distinction of being one of the pioneers when it comes to high-quality research the institute is devoted to the examination of the adaptive system and developing new researchers and leaders to help the worldwide challenges. The Institute is focused on delivering education and research for both local and international students.
The Institution’s Researchers strive to comprehend and unite the important and fundamental patterns with the complex system that spans different fields. Their worldwide research networks are comprised of scholars from different backgrounds, and academic departments, transcending borders and disciplinary boundaries. These inquisitive minds are deeply nurtured in local, computational, and mathematical thinking. As the institute unveils the hidden process and mechanism to shape our world, it aims to apply the knowledge for the betterment of all people and the preservation of life on Earth.
Complexity Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Postdoctoral Fellows at Santa Fe Institute will dedicate their three years to their residency, during which they will be active in contributing to the SFI’s Research in the field of Complexity Science. Fellows will undergo training that emerge as the leaders of an interdisciplinary science. The Future Researcher will take part in a unique training program that is built to cultivate their leadership knowledge and skills over three years of venture and beyond. The institute will be offering an opportunity to collaborate with leading researchers all over the world, Joint and discreet research funds, as well as a competitive salary package with generous benefits including family leave benefits.
At Santa Fe Insitute, no formal department of programs is required, the fellows will collaborate in their effort to encompass the realism of natural and social science and physics. In addition to the fellowship program offered by the Institute, they also encourage early-career scholars with their own funds. The self-funded applicants will be invited for a 2-day visit to give a break to meet and talk to the faculty and postdoctoral researchers.
The Postdoctoral Fellowship is a joint project and supported by Arizona State University, the ASU-SFI Center for Biosocial Complex Systems, they support researchers who are hungry for development and solution-driven questions in human society and the biological world. The ASU-SFI partnership mission is to enhance the theoretical method that emphasizes the realm of sustainability and specific focus on the dynamic technical advancement and innovation in the field of Biology.
- Applicant’s Nationality: Local and International
- Degree Level: Postdoctoral
- Number of Awards: NA
- Fields: Mathematics, Biology, Computer Science, Social Science, Engineering, Economics, and other related fields
- Awards: Funded
- Country: United States
- Duration: Three Years
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Hold a Ph.D. in any scientific field, awarded within six years of the application deadline or completed before September 2024.
- Possess strong computational and quantitative skills.
- Must have a good academic track record.
- Demonstrate their ability to work effectively both collaborative and independent.
- Must be able to show clear interest in transdisciplinary research.
- Must be able to provide evidence of thinking innovatively.
- The fellows in an equal opportunity and the institution encourages women, veterans, and other individuals from underrepresented communities.
- The institution is committed to accommodating the needs of dual-career couples and fostering culturally diverse research.
- The International applicants must be holding a J1 Visa
The application can be completed in an online portal provided by the Santa Fe Institute. To complete the application, interested applicants are required to submit the following to better support the application.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae including the list of publication
- Statement of Research Interests must describe the type of research and why must be up to 2 pages.
- Interest in the Santa Fe Institute explaining how you can contribute and the impact of research.
- Three recommendation letter
- English paper
- Diversity form
The successful candidate will be notified to receive an interview in mid-December 2023. For the 2024 Cohort, the Institute will be conducting an interview in January.
- Collaborate with leading researchers all over the world
- Joint and discreet research funds
- Salary Package
- Family Leave
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until October 13, 2023. All incomplete applications will not be considered. The applicants are required to register at the application portal to be able to access the online application system.