This is a fully financed master’s scholarship offered by the Yenching Academy of Peking University for the 2023-2024 academic year. Under the terms of this scholarship, one hundred twenty students from other countries will be chosen. These scholarships will pay for everything, including the tuition cost, airfare, a stipend per month, a place to live, and medical insurance.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
An interdisciplinary master’s program in China Studies is being offered by the Yenching Academy of Peking University. The program’s goal is to facilitate communication and understanding between China and the rest of the world. Young individuals who have already proven a talent for leadership and creativity are brought together as part of this program. When students attend Yenching University, they are completely submerged in an intensive study environment, in which they have the opportunity to investigate China and its place in the world in the past, in the present, and in the future. The mission of the Academy is to instill in future generations of global citizens a sophisticated understanding of China and its culture.
In addition to providing its scholars with full scholarships, the Yenching Academy also provides its scholars with the opportunity to take a diverse range of multidisciplinary courses on China that fall under the umbrella of broadly defined subjects of the humanities and social sciences. Yenching Scholars develop their own individualized study plans in close collaboration with the faculty members who act as their academic mentors. These plans are based on the scholars’ course selections from one of six different research fields. They take part in a wide range of extracurricular activities and field studies that are coordinated by the Yenching Academy and planned by the scholars themselves. When you study at the Academy, you will have the extraordinary opportunity to participate in cross-cultural interactions as well as interdisciplinary education, which will help you grow as a person and as a professional.
English-speaking students with varying degrees of fluency in Chinese can enroll in the Master of Arts in China Studies program at Yenching Academy, which offers a completely flexible curriculum. The interdisciplinarity requirement and the importance that the program places on considering China in all of its incarnations — past, present, and future — from both a domestic and an international point of view are at the heart of the program. In addition to this, it seeks to expand the study of China beyond the bounds of the humanities and social sciences as they have been historically characterized. Furthermore, it is intended to incorporate the various life experiences and academic backgrounds of its student body.
Scholars are given latitude in the design of their academic programs and have the option of selecting courses from any of six research subfields; among these subfields, they will select one as the subject of their theses. Core courses are supplemented by a diverse selection of electives that can be taken through the Academy as well as other schools and departments within Peking University. The method that we use is multidisciplinary, which promotes conversation across all areas of academic study and fosters an atmosphere that is amenable to the development of novel and constructive exchanges of ideas.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Peking University
Scholarship Country: China
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Scholarship Type: Masters
Nationality: International Students
The following are some of the rewards that will be provided by the Yenching Academy of Peking University Scholarships:
- The cost of tuition
- allowance paid every month
- Insurance for medical expenses
Eligibility for Scholarship
Candidates must satisfy all of the standards listed below to be considered for scholarships offered by the Yenching Academy of Peking University, which are as follows:
- The mandatory language is English. Several other English language competence tests are recognized if they meet the requirements listed below. However, it is not necessary for students or alumni who are native English speakers and who attended degree programs (undergraduate or higher) that were taught in English to present English proficiency test scores.
- IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
- TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
- Overall score on the Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): 185
- CET 6: Overall 600
- TEM 4: Achieve a passing level of “” or above.
- All countries throughout the world are considered eligible.
- At the time of application, students are expected to possess either their bachelor’s degree or their 16-year transcript.
- Currently enrolled students are eligible to apply as well, provided that they will have completed their degree before the 31st of August 2023.
- Applicants are required to have a stellar academic track record.
- Be required to have a significant passion for inter-disciplinary research in China.
- Students will be given more consideration if they have demonstrated success in extracurricular activities, engagement in their communities, social responsibility, and leadership qualities.
For the 2022–2023 academic year, the University of Tasmania is offering a number of Engineering Merit Scholarships to deserving international students who wish to enroll in the institution’s full-time undergraduate program. The purpose of these scholarships is to assist international students in overcoming financial obstacles so that they may continue their education, and the University of Tasmania hopes that this will inspire them to achieve their professional and personal goals.
The Yenching Academy of Peking University Scholarships 2023 is open to all International Students
In order to be considered for this scholarship, please submit your application in accordance with the following instructions:
Please subscribe to our channel on YouTube for detailed information regarding the application procedure.
(1) Start the application process by logging into the university’s admissions portal online.
(2) You are welcome to get in touch with Yenching Academy professors or faculty members for the supervision; doing so can improve your chances of being chosen for a scholarship. To View the Profiles of Our Faculty, Please Click Here.
(3) Please attach the following files using the pdf file type.
- completed the application form available online;
- Statement of personal philosophy (no more than 750 words);
- Statement of Research Interest (maximum of 1500 words, citations not included);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- a diploma or certificate (or many certificates) of enrollment;
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty or staff;
- The requirements and the minimum scores for English.
(4) Submit your application.
The application deadline for Yenching Academy of Peking University Scholarships 2023 is November 27, 2022