The Wuhan University CSC Scholarship in China is now open for international students to apply.
The scholarship is a fully funded international scholarship. The Ministry of Education has created a program to support Chinese universities.
This amazing scholarship opportunity will help you achieve your educational goals and prepare for future career aspirations.
The Chinese Government-Chinese University Scholarship Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education to support Chinese Universities attract outstanding international students for postgraduate studies in China.
The Wuhan University CSC Scholarship will cover the following;
- Tuition and application fee waiver;
- Free hosting;
- Living allowance: (Ph.D. 3500RMB/per month, Master 3000RMB/per month);
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- International travel expenses: self-financed.
Who is Eligible for the Wuhan University CSC Scholarship?
If you are interested in this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria.
To qualify for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria.
- Applicants must not be recipients of any other scholarship for new students.
- Applicants must apply for a master’s degree and must be under the age of 35 with a bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates applying for a Ph.D. must be under the age of 40 and have a master’s degree.
- Applicants for English Medium programs must provide an English language test score report; TOEFL requires 80, and IELTS requires 5.5.
- For Chinese-medium level programs, you must have at least a level four HSK certificate (Chinese Proficiency Test) when you apply.
- As a native English-speaking applicant, you may be exempt from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
- Applicants applying for English-medium level clinical medicine graduate program must have HSK Level four certificate or above, and those who have not reached HSK level four can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year and then move on to their undergraduate study after fulfilling the requirement.
- Applicants who meet HSK level five or above can apply for major study directly, those who have not reached HSK level five can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year and then move on to their degree study afterward to meet the requirement.
- Candidates whose native language is Chinese or who can prove that they studied at a previous institution where the language of instruction is Chinese can apply for the HSK Exam Waiver for further approval from Wuhan University.
This scholarship takes place in China, and the host institution is Wuhan University.
This scholarship is open to all foreign citizens who are in good health.
How do I apply for the Wuhan University CSC Scholarship??
- To apply, please register and apply online at the CSC Online Application System for International Students at www.campuschina.org.
- Wuhan University’s code is 10486. Please choose the program category – type B which refers to the scholarship programs run by Chinese universities under the Chinese Government-Chinese University Scholarship Program.
- Please download and print a hard copy of the “Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form” after completing the form.
- Then, register and apply online at the Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students.
- Choose sources of funds: the Chinese government program, complete the application and submit it online. “Application Form for Scholars and International Students of Wuhan University”.
Required Application Documents
- Prospective diploma recipients must submit an official undergraduate certificate, transcript, and certificate of performance in school-issued by their current school; The undergraduate certificate must demonstrate not only your current student status but also the expected degree certificate and date of graduation.
- Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form (written in Chinese or English).
- Application Form for Scholars and International Students of Wuhan University (written in Chinese or English).
- Notarized Highest Diploma (Certificate of Degree) and Transcripts: The original and copy of each, issued directly by your school/university or notary public with an official seal.
- Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must attach certified Chinese or English translations. (A bachelor’s degree is required for master’s programs and a master’s degree is required for doctoral programs.)
- Study plan, within 800 words, written in Chinese or English.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
- Scanned copy of a valid ordinary passport (personal information page, passport validity must be at least until December 31, 2020).
- A valid HSK certificate is required if you are applying for the Chinese Medium Level program.
- Acceptance letter from the professor at Wuhan University (if available).
- Certificate of English level valid for the English medium program (for example, TOEFL or IELTS).
- Those applicants who do not receive our email notice by April 15th. They have failed the preliminary evaluations of the university.
- The school will not accept incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the treating physician, the official seal of the hospital, or a stamped photograph of the applicant.
- Physical examinations must cover all items listed on the Alien Physical Examination Form.
- Please note that there will be no reservations for you if you cannot register before the deadline (registration time will be notified in the admission notice).
- Photocopy of physical examination forms for foreigners, completed in English or Chinese.
- Scholarship recipients will not change their host university, field of study, or length of study unless they withdraw from the scholarship.
- Plan your physical exam schedule carefully, as the result is only valid for six months.
- Be sure to keep the original copy of the form for the school’s records.
Person: Ms. Yuanquan.
Admissions Office 101, School of International Education, Wuhan University, No.299, Bayi Road, Wuchang Dist., Wuhan, Hubei Province, China 430072;
Zip Code: 430072, Tel: 0086-27-68753912, Email: [email protected] (Ms. Yuanquan)
Support categories, duration, and language of instruction
- This scholarship only supports graduate students. It supports master’s students for no more than three years, or doctoral students for no more than four years.
- The duration of the scholarship, which covers both main study and Chinese language/preparatory study, is as specified in the Letter of Admission.
- Scholarship students may enroll in either the Chinese-medium program or the English-medium program, if applicable.
- The following attachment can help you find information about the endorsements and supporting instructional media.
When is the Scholarship Application Deadline?
The application starts from early January to March 31, 2023. All documents submitted online after the March 31 deadline will not be accepted.
The list of pre-admission names for the program will be announced on the Wuhan University website at the end of May 2023.
Please note that, if you do not receive an email notification from the scholarship board around April 15th, it means that you have failed the preliminary evaluation of the university.
Finally, the result of the scholarship winners will be reported at the end of July 2023, and at that time the official admission document will be delivered.