For the Japanese Nationals who are currently in their mid-career or currently admitted in masters or doctoral degree outside Japan and wants to further their education or career in international developments, World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program opened its application for the academic year of 2022-2023.
The Graduate Scholarship will be offered to help the Japanese citizens further their education with the help of a fully-funded award to lessen the financial barriers towards their education. The scholarship will be covering the student’s tuition fee, airfare, monthly stipend, and insurance. World Bank encourages outstanding students to participate in their scholarship program.
Scholarship Provider: The World Bank
About the Provider
The World Bank Group works in all key areas of development. They offer a wide range of financial products and technical support, helping countries share and apply knowledge and innovative solutions to their challenges. A human capital project is one of their priorities that can help end extreme poverty to create a more inclusive society through human resource development. This requires investment in people through health care, jobs, nutrition, giving quality education, developing skills and jobs.
Working across regions and sectors, they help countries find sustainable solutions to the challenging developments in an increasingly interconnected and more complex world. Annually the World Bank offers scholarships to every international student in different programs that may be able to create future leaders and those who can contribute to the community.
Working in the long-term to secure every future especially those who are in the marginalized and most vulnerable people in the world affected by the conflicts, violence, and fragility.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Degree Level: Master and Ph.D. students
- Field: Any eligible courses
- Nationality: Japanese
- Scholarship Duration: 2 years
- Scholarship Award: Fully-funded
- Country of Scholarship: Students can be enrolled outside Japanese institutions or universities
The general criteria of eligibility include the following:
- Applicants must be Japanese Nationals
- During the application process time, the date of the opening of the call for the scholarship[ program, you may not be an Executive Director, its representative, an employee of any kind which includes temporary staff and consultants of the World Bank Group; or not through blood or adoption to be a close relative of one of the above, with the term “close relative” defined as mother, father, sister, brother and other relative connections.
- Must be holding a bachelor’s degree and already earned it for at least 3 years before the application deadline.
- The students must not be employed in any sectors of the Japanese Government or any related agencies from the time of the application
- Applicants must have not received any grants or scholarships, financial aid from the Japanese Government for their graduate degree.
- Must be enrolled in master’s degree or Ph.D. degree outside Japan. Students must be enrolled for the academic year of 2022-2023 by the time of application in an international university.
Interested applicants must check the eligibility criteria before completing the application process.
- Log in on the application portal provided by the World Bank for the scholarship application. The application log in instruction must be followed to avoid errors on accessing the portal.
- Create a profile on the online portal after creating an account.
- Complete the personal data selections.
- Once profile data and account are completed, you can access the application form and complete the fields on submission.
- A recommendation is required on the application forms. Two recommendation letters from the professionals and one academic recommendation letter.
The application may be requiring an additional document to support your applications.
- Academic merit
- English Language Proficiency
- Letter of Admission
- Birth Certificates
- Relevant work experience related to international developments
- The application form can be saved as a draft until all documents are completed, an unconditional letter of acceptance for the master’s degree and Ph.D. program needs to be uploaded along with the application.
- If the documents are not in the English Language, it is required to be translated in an unauthorized translation process for the master’s and doctoral degree.
- All documents must be uploaded in an accepted format.
- The application portal can only be accessed through a computer and must not use a cellular phone to access it.
- Documents that have been submitted through email, fax, or postal mails will not be considered.
- Only one application per student.
- The referral request form requires candidates to provide their name and email address
The referrer’s approach and attitude towards the candidate of each of the three
recommended. Using a personal email address like Gmail, Yahoo, and other email addresses is allowed if no email address is available from the referrer Institution. If a personal email is used, the JJ/WBGSP Secretariat can confirm the specialist. Matching your referrer as part of our verification process. He is the only suitor responsible to ensure that the email contact information is provided in the recommendations request form is correct.
JJ/WBGSP will be selecting the deserving students through the following process, to ensure that the selection committee will reviewed the application thoroughly.
- Professional Experience
- Completed application forms
- Academic backgrounds and merits, Recommendations.
The committee will be using the average score of the following criteria to be selected on the final decision.
- maintain an appropriate distribution of rewards between genders;
- Grants scholarships to candidates who, on other terms being equal, have limited access to financial resources for postgraduate study abroad.
- The JJWBGSP Secretariat submits the finalists to the JJ/WBG Board (consisting of members of the World Bank Council and World Bank management) for approval. Winners will be announced in mid-July after approval by the Selection Committee.
- Tuition fee
- Airfare travel worth $500
- At the end of the scholarship period, the World Bank will also provide another airfare funds to the university country back to the student’s home country. Amounting to $500
- Medical insurance
- Monthly living stipend allowance to cover the awardee’s accommodations, food other expenses at the chosen university.
The scholarship duration wil be up to 2 years.
The application opens on January 31, 2022, and the deadline to complete and submit all documents will be until April 8, 2022.
The scholarship will be offered annually.