Wageningen University & Research established the Africa Talent Programme (ATP) to provide elite African talent with the option to pursue a PhD or a postdoctoral job at Wageningen University.
Wageningen University hopes to attract brilliant African scientists to this program by offering a 4-year full-time PhD job or the financial equivalent of a postdoctoral position (2-3 years).
About the Scholarship:
Wageningen University & Research is a joint venture between Wageningen University and Wageningen Research. The university focuses on research in the life and social sciences. It is regarded as one of the best agricultural and environmental science universities in the world. In the 2017 QS World Rankings, the university was placed #1 in agriculture and forestry. In the domains of climate, energy, water, environment, nutrition, health, landscape, and animals, Wageningen University & Research offers a diverse selection of study opportunities. These disciplines are studied from a variety of angles, including economics, management, research, product creation, technology, and international collaboration.
WUR is a medieval university town in the Netherlands’ central region. In 2017, the municipality had a population of 37,434 people, with thousands of students from more than 150 countries. Wageningen University & Research is dedicated to this goal. For governments and the business community at large, over 6,500 employees and 12,500 students from over a hundred nations operate in the domain of healthy food and living environments all over the world. Wageningen University & Research’s strength comes from its capacity to bring together the forces of specialized research institutes and the university. It also rests in the collaborative efforts of several natural and social science domains. This fusion of skills produces scientific advances that can be promptly implemented and integrated into education. This is what the Wageningen Approach is all about. The prominence of Wageningen University & Research in international rankings and citation indexes attests to its scientific quality. Karel Vuursteen (former CEO of Heineken), Willie Smits (forester and animal-rights activist), Jeroen Dijsselbloem (former Dutch Minister of Finance and former President of the Eurogroup), and Han de Groot are among Wageningen University & Research’s notable alumni (CEO of the Rainforest Alliance and Executive Director of Utz). Wageningen University & Research is the parent company of Wageningen University. Wageningen University & Research is made up of Wageningen University as well as a number of research institutes. Wageningen University & Research is spread across the Netherlands. The Wageningen Campus employs a huge number of teachers, professors, and personnel. The research and education of Wageningen University are both highly regarded. The number of students has risen dramatically in recent years. For the sixteenth year in a row, students voted Wageningen as the finest university in the Netherlands in the Reference Guide for Higher Education in 2021. Wageningen University’s high research quality is reflected in the university’s ranking in the top six of the most major citation indexes in its field. Personal guidance is provided throughout your student career at Wageningen University & Research. This allows you to take advantage of all of the available study opportunities. Studying at Wageningen ensures that you receive a high-quality education and that your curriculum vitae meets international standards. As a result, students from all over the world have no trouble finding internships, demanding work experience opportunities, and career chances. Wageningen Campus is the size of 11 soccer fields, with a total area of 70.000 m2. It provides great student facilities and serves as a meeting place for students, instructors, researchers, and staff from all over the world. Wageningen has a strong international community, with students from over 95 different countries. In the domains of climate, energy, water, environment, nutrition, health, landscape, and animals, Wageningen University & Research offers a diverse selection of study opportunities. These disciplines are studied from a variety of angles, including economics, management, research, product creation, technology, and international collaboration.
ALES students have the chance to study in a number of subjects at Wageningen University, which is located in the heart of the Netherlands. The instruction is given in both English and Dutch.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Wageningen University & Research
Scholarship Country: Netherlands
Scholarship Worth: Fully funded.
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: African Students
The Wageningen University & Research will provide a fully funded scholarship to successful applicants
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- The selection committee would like to receive applications from nations all around Africa, and female candidates are especially encouraged to submit.
- Only those who meet Wageningen University’s PhD entry standards are eligible for a PhD post. If a candidate does not yet have a master’s degree but plans to get one soon, this might be noted in the application. Candidates must have a recognized doctoral degree or a set date of PhD award in the near future if applying for a postdoc position. In both circumstances, the applicant must be able to communicate in scientific English both orally and in writing.
- An application to the Africa Talent Programme can only be made by a professor* at Wageningen University. As a result, you’ll need to locate a Wageningen professor who will support your application (list of chair groups and contact information can be found here). A professor from Wageningen University may only apply once.
- *When the term “professor” is used, it refers to people who hold the ius promovendi at Wageningen University.
- It is the responsibility of the gifted scientist to present the necessary documents to persuade the selection committee that you are a good fit for the African Talent Programme. Please follow the guidelines.
- Each of the six Wageningen graduate schools will be allowed to submit a maximum of three applications, which will be pre-evaluated by an appropriate Wageningen graduate school (application deadline 1 June 2022). Additional requirements may be imposed by individual graduate schools
- Wageningen University hopes to attract brilliant African scientists to this program by offering a 4-year full-time PhD job or the financial equivalent of a postdoctoral position (2-3 years).
The Wageningen University & Research Africa Talent Programme 2022 is open to all African students
- For more information, please contact the graduate school associated with your study area (see below). Graduate schools must submit their applications to [email protected] by June 13, 2022, in one assembled PDF file.
- Visit the Wageningen University & Research website for further information.
- The deadline for submitting an application is:
- The deadline for applications is June 1, 2022, and the deadline for graduate schools is June 13, 2022.
The application deadline for Wageningen University & Research Africa Talent Programme 2022 is June 13, 2022