Volkswagen Group South Africa (VWSA) is committed to tackling the skills gap in all sectors of our country and to assisting our young in developing their talents. VWSA will provide a limited number of comprehensive bursaries to qualified individuals pursuing a qualification at a South African formal tertiary institution.
About the Scholarship:
Volkswagen AG (Volkswagen) is a car manufacturer that is a subsidiary of Porsche Automobil Holding SE. The firm designs and manufactures passenger cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, light commercial vehicles, original parts, turbomachinery, large-bore diesel engines, propulsion components, special gear units, and testing systems, as well as developing and selling vehicles and engines. Leasing, banking, and insurance, as well as dealer and customer finance, fleet management, and mobility services are all available. Volkswagen sells cars under the Volkswagen, Porsche, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Bentley, Audi, Ducati, Scania, and MAN brands. It operates throughout Europe, North America, South America, Asia Pacific, and other parts of the world. The corporation has manufacturing plants all throughout the world. Wolfsburg, Niedersachsen, Germany is home to Volkswagen’s headquarters. The Commercial Vehicles Industry Area is largely responsible for the development, manufacturing, and marketing of light commercial vehicles, trucks, and buses under the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania, and MAN brands, as well as the related authentic parts and services business. The Traton Group coordinates the relationship between the MAN and Scania commercial vehicle companies. Commercial vehicles include everything from pickup trucks to big trucks and buses. Largebore diesel engines, turbomachinery, special gear units, propulsion components, and testing systems are all part of the Power Engineering Business Area. The Volkswagen Group also provides a comprehensive range of financial services, including dealer and customer finance, leasing, banking and insurance, and fleet management. The company has 122 manufacturing facilities in 20 European countries and 11 countries in the Americas, Asia, and Africa. 664,496 employees work in vehicle manufacturing, vehicle-related services, and other fields of business around the world. Volkswagen Group automobiles are sold in 153 countries. With its enhanced TOGETHER 2025+ strategy, the Volkswagen Group responds to today’s and tomorrow’s challenges under the new vision “Shaping mobility – for generations to come.” Our goal is to make mobility a viable option for both current and future generations. Our promise: We are building automobiles that are clean, quiet, intelligent, and safe by combining electric motor, digital networking, and autonomous driving. Our primary product, meanwhile, gets even more emotional and provides an entirely new driving experience. When it comes to climate and environmental protection, it is also becoming a part of the answer. In this sense, the car may remain a cornerstone of modern, individual, and economical mobility for the foreseeable future.Our primary product, meanwhile, gets even more emotional and provides an entirely new driving experience. When it comes to climate and environmental protection, it is also becoming a part of the answer. In this sense, the car may remain a cornerstone of modern, individual, and economical mobility for the foreseeable future. From 1945 to 1949, the Volkswagen factory was run by British occupation forces. Volkswagen became the focal point of a plan to restore Germany’s car sector, and within a decade, it was producing half of the country’s autos. Ironically, it was British Volkswagen executives who began producing passenger cars rather than military vehicles, making the dream of the people’s automobile a reality. The Volkswagen Group offers an unrivaled selection of automobiles. Over 50 different automotive models from nine different foreign marques give a diversity that can be found nowhere else in the world, and that helps to meet the increasing individuality of client demand in more fragmented markets. A really diverse range of automobiles, distinguished not only by body design and elegance, but also by technology, safety features, and overall quality. From family convertibles to exclusive sports cars, from small vans to mid-weight lorries, today’s range includes everything from subcompact cars with an emphasis on economical three-cylinder engines to luxury limousines that meet the highest demands on performance and prestige; from family convertibles to exclusive sports cars; and from small vans to mid-weight lorries. The search of perfection is a goal shared by all car marques and models, and it is expressed not only in qualities like as driving enjoyment, safety, fuel economy, effective ecology, and competitive costs, but also in the attainment of the highest quality. External, visible-body design features such as extraordinarily narrow body gaps on doors and hoods, as well as a twelve-year corrosion warranty, reflect this commitment to perfection.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Volkswagen
Scholarship Country: South Africa
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Registration/tuition, housing, meals, books, and stationery;
- vacation work
- mentoring and development during the bursary program;
- additional study assistance; and
- A laptop computer is offered for study needs.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
Candidates who meet the following criteria will be considered for the bursary program:
- Citizen of South Africa or a permanent resident of South Africa (permanent residence must be supported by a letter from Department of Home Affairs)
- Full-time (first, second, or third year) students may apply in the following subjects of study:
- Mechanical Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Mechatronics; Industrial Engineering; Production/Operations Management; Information Technology (I.T. ); Applied Mathematics / Data Sciences; Finance / Accounting; Financial Information Systems; Purchasing / Logistics / Supply Chain
- All applications must be submitted electronically at https://vw.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Jobs/Categories/Bursary Programme/bc2be6c8c5ec488989a5821cd317d9bc.
Date, Process, and Location of Bursary Program Interview Academic performance:
- Grade 12: Bachelor’s Pass with a minimum grade point average of 70%
- A minimum grade point average of 65 percent is required at the tertiary level.
- All candidates will be subjected to screening, shortlisting, and interviews, as well as psychometric testing.
- The VWSA Equity standards must be met by all candidates.
The Volkswagen 2022 Bursary Programme for Fulltime South African Student is open to all South African students
The application must include:
- A detailed CV; a certified copy of the applicant’s full academic record (first-year students can submit certified Grade 12 results); a certified copy of the applicant’s ID; and a motivation letter explaining why the applicant wants to be a part of VWSA’s bursary program in 2022.
- A completed online application will be required, however this does not guarantee that the applicant/application will be accepted.
The application deadline for Volkswagen 2022 Bursary Programme for Fulltime South African Students Is March 11, 2022