Aiming to have a good impact on future generations and communities, VLIR-UOS supports developing countries by providing an opportunity through education and supporting them to achieve their career and developments that can transform the communities into sustainable and innovative changes.
For the academic year of 2023-2024, VLIR-UOS offers a fully-funded scholarship to eligible developing countries to fulfill their master’s degrees, and preferences will be given out to women who can demonstrate their interest in the list of initial and advanced master’s degree programs.
The Scholarships for Masters ICP Connect will be awarded the applicants in 29 eligible developing countries. ICP Connect is a study program that is accredited to an international study program.
29 Eligible Countries in the Following Country:
- Latin America
The VLIR-UOS wil be providing an annual intake of ten first-year scholarships.
The masters program center around unambiguous issues of emerging nations. These are intended to empower graduates to share and apply obtained knowledge in the home establishment and country. In the more limited preparing programs the attention is on moving abilities as opposed to knowledge, accordingly setting out an opportunities for collaboration and networking.
Scholarship Provider: VLIR-UOS
About the Provider
VLIR-UOS supports a partnership between well-renowned universities and colleges, in South and Flanders that also search for an answer to local and global challenges. Searching for imaginative reactions to worldwide and nearby difficulties. They animate helpful tasks between teachers, researchers, and speakers and grant awards to students and experts in Flanders and the South. At last, they help to build up advanced education in the South and the improvement pertinent internationalization of advanced education in Flanders.
As the global and local communities changes in this modern generation, more and more barriers to conflict got the changes in sustainability, VLIR-UOS still search for an answer to find a more sustainable community. Their main focus is those who are in the vulnerable groups of society, generating a social impact through education and academic cooperation. They focus on development problems, their unique approach is to have international cooperation by providing financial support and scholarships to the young generation’s scientists.
Through their education funding and research, they develop both academic talents and institutions, because they believe that partnered universities are challenged to approach more unique ways of providing education and to change the student’s perspective to train their skills and developed more leaders to contribute to their communities locally and globally.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: 29 eligible countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Degree Level: Masters Degree
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Country: Belgium
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Award: Tuition fee, living expenses, insurance, accommodation and travel alllowance
List of Eligible Fields
Only the following courses in English are eligible:
Advanced Masters Degree Courses will support five masters program. The candidates must not be older than 45 at the time of the application.
- Master of Development Evaluation and Management
- Master of Human Settlement
- Master of Globalization and Development
- Master of Governance and Development
- Master of Cultural Anthropology and Development Studies
Initial Masters Degree Courses will support ten masters program, the applicants must not be older than 35 at the time of the application.
- Masters of Science and Food Technology
- Master of Transportation Science
- Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management
- Master of Water Resources Engineering
- Master of Aquaculture IMAQUA
- Master of Epidemiology
- Master of Agro and Environmental Nematology
- Master of Statistics
- Master of Rural Development
- Master of Sustainable Development
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the criteria of the ICP Connect Scholarship:
- The candidates must be a citizen of one of the 29 eligible countries and must be a resident of the said countries at the time of the application.
- Not older than 35 years old for the initial masters degree program at the time of the application and not older than 45 for the advance masters degree courses at the time of the application.
- The preferences will be given to the applicants who are employed in the higher education, civil society or government, and to those applicants whose targeting one of the careers on the mentioned sectors.
- The applicants who are newly graduated students or currently employed in a private sector with no experience may also be considered for the scholarship if they can demonstrate their motivation and their profile.
- The applicants can only apply one time at the ICP Connects per year.
- Those applicants who have been previously awarded a scholarship in Belgium Higher Education or through the Government of Belgium will not be considered for the scholarship.
- The applicants must have a good communication skills in oral and written English as all eligible courses will be thought in an English language.
- The applicants must confirm their eligibility based on the criteria of the scholarship.
- Must be considering the eligible masters degree list of programs.
- Learn more about all the eligible list of masters degree program at the official website of every program.
- If you have chosen one eligible program, you can visit the website and follow the instructions located at the bottom part of the page.
- At the university website, application for the admission to the program for the scholarship will be available at the chosen program of the students.
The deadline of the scholarship will be depending on the list of the eligible courses. All selected candidates will be selected by JUne 2023.
The VLIR-UOS will be providing the following benefits to the successful students:
- Tuition fee
- Travel fees
- Living expenses
The scholarship cost may be able to change depending on the Government fundings.
Deadline for Application
The deadline will be between January and April 2023, deadline will be determined based on the chosen course of the applicants.