Vingroup invites all outstanding Master’s and Ph.D. degree students in Vietnam to pursue their higher education in any of the listed targeted universities abroad for the academic year of 2024-2025.
The Vingroup Science and Technology Scholarship Program for Overseas Study
For eleven years beginning in 2019, Vingroup will present 100 scholarship awards each year for Masters and Ph.D. degree programs for skilled Vietnamese to study or direct research in key STEM regions at one of the most excellent universities in the world leading the science and technology including the following countries:
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
The scholarship program is administered by the VinUniversity in Vietnam and the mission of the scholarship is to search for talented students and provide them with rewarding opportunities to advance and lead the development of science and technology in Vietnam. The successful students will be awarded a fully-funded program to attend and further their higher education in the leading countries.
Scholarship Provider: Vingroup Joint Stock Company (Vingroup JSC)
About the Provider
The Vingroup Company is known to be one of the biggest private conglomerates in Asia. As a multi-area organization, Vingroup centers around three principal regions: Technology, Industrials, and Property-Administrations. Vingroup proceeds to trailblazer and lead customer trends in every one of its organizations introducing Vietnamese shoppers to a brand new, modern way of life with global standard products and administrations. Vingroup has created a respected, very much recognized Vietnamese brand and is proud to be one of the country’s leading private ventures.
Vingroup aims to gather together the most capable International and capable professionals who can demonstrate intellectual discipline, determination, talent, patriotism, charity, ethnic pride, and good intentions with good ethics in technology and industry, and trade services. and social enterprise.
Vingroup formally known as Technocom was Established in Ukraine in 1993 by a group of Vietnamese youths. Technocom started with food production and immediately found incredible accomplishments with the Mivina brand. During the early years of the 21st, Technocom was ranked among Ukraine’s Main 100 biggest and most compelling organizations. In 2000, Technocom – Vingroup returned to Vietnam with the desire to contribute to the nation’s development.
VinUniversity is a Vietnamese university, the first private and non-profit which is founded based on international standards. The university coordinates the models of elite international colleges with the extraordinary social and financial qualities of Vietnam, to make a forward leap in Vietnamese advanced education and to turn into a world-class university.
VinUniversity tries to be a world-class university based on the most noteworthy international standards in research and teaching, with a private and concentrated learning climate for students, an exceptionally accomplished faculty and staff, and a guarantee of worldwide citizenship. VinUniversity welcomed the primary cohort of students in 2020.
One of the youngest universities in Asia to receive an award from the QS 5-star rating in seven criteria. They also build a strategic collaboration with Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. The university has its mission to educate and prepare outstanding individuals, who are knowledgeable, skilled, and energetic about adding to working on themselves and cultural conditions, inspiring the youth, and having enduring constructive outcomes on worldwide development.
- Applicant’s Nationality: Vietnam
- Degree Level: Master’s and PhD
- Fields: Science and Technology and other related research areas
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
List of Supported Fields
- Computer Science and Information Systems
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biological Science (Human Biology)
- Material Science
The targeted universities for the scholarship program can be accessed here
It is important to check the admission of any eligible universities in the targeted countries to pursue higher education in an eligible field offered for the scholarship program.
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- Must be a citizen of Vietnamese who is studying, working, and living Overseas or in Vietnam, who also have the ability to aspire, creativity, and commit to contributing to the development of the science and technology of Vietnam and other countries.
- Must be at the age of not over 30 at the time of application and not over 35 for Ph.D. students.
- Having an educational background that matches or connects with the intended fields of study. College alumni with basically a Four-year college education or school juniors(3rd or fourth year) or seniors (last year students), who will graduate with such a degree by their departure to begin the intended graduate courses abroad.
- The GPA required must meet
- The GRE or Graduate Record Examinations will not be required at the time of the application, however, the applicants must be advised that the graduate programs in the USA, Israel, and Singapore may require the GRE test. The applicants must inquire regarding the required additional materials for any of their intended universities.
- All applicants are required to have good communication skills in oral and written English. Must meet the English language requirements.
The application and selection cycle is open, transparent, and competitive, and no fees are required. Individuals from the Selection Board are prominent teachers in different fields of science and technology. Candidates do not need to pay any charges to anybody to apply for the scholarship program. Applications should be submitted through an online portal provided by the university.
- Academic Transcript of records
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter of motivation
- Admission offer(check the track 1 and track 2 applicants information)
Vingroup and VinUniversity will be providing the following awards to the successful applicants:
- Living Stipend
- health Insurance
- Tuition and other related fees
- Return Airfare
- Visa Application fee
- Settling allowance
- Reintegration allowance
- Health examinations
- Network of Vingroup Scholars
- Professional developments
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until May 31, 2023.