The tuition price waiver will be given to the top seven most motivated and capable non-EU/EEA students applying to Vilnius University master’s degree study programs in English or Russian. This scholarship pays for the entire tuition charge.
About the Scholarship:
Vilnius University has exemplified the concept of a classical university and the unification of study and research since its founding in the 16th century as an important part of European science and culture. Vilnius University is involved in international scientific and academic activities and has a number of well-known scientists, professors, and graduates. The variety of research and study at Vilnius University has been aided by scientific advancement and developing relationships with global research centers. Vilnius University, founded in 1579, is Lithuania’s most prestigious academic institution, ranking among the top 20 universities in the region (Emerging Europe & Central Asia QS University Rankings 2020) Over 20,000 students are enrolled in over 70 bachelor’s and 100 master’s degree programs, with PhD programs available in 29 academic fields. Vilnius University professors are making significant contributions to global research in a variety of subjects, including laser physics, linguistics, and biochemistry. Vilnius University offers undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programs in the humanities, social sciences, physical sciences, biomedicine, and technology in all three cycles. Over 21,000 students are enrolled in over 70 bachelor’s and 100 master’s degree programs, with PhD programs available in 29 academic fields. Vilnius University professors are making significant contributions to global research in a variety of subjects, including laser physics, linguistics, and biochemistry. Vilnius University offers undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programs in the humanities, social sciences, physical sciences, biomedicine, and technology in all three cycles. Lithuania’s capital, Vilnius, is located in the heart of Europe and boasts world-class ICT infrastructure, quickly rising businesses, a bilingual community, and a vibrant cultural life. Vilnius University was established at a period when the Reformation movement was gaining traction in Lithuania, and Jesuit priests were recruited to combat it. The Jesuit Order’s monks took education into their own hands quite rapidly. In 1569, he established a college before establishing Vilnius University in 1579.
The Vilnius University complex was built over several centuries and includes Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, and Classicist structures. The medieval palace’s architecture contrasts with the upbeat student atmosphere. The structure is complemented by thirteen patios, arcades, and galleries. The courtyards are named after notable university students and professors, and memorial plaques have been built in their honor in the Grand Courtyard. Vilnius University now has around 1,300 academic staff members and over 20,000 students, including approximately 1,200 international students. It is divided into 14 faculties, the majority of which are located in the heart of the city and near to residence halls. The majority of degree programs are offered in Lithuanian, with some subjects taught in English or Russian as well. A substantial portion of the institution is still headquartered on the location of its ancient campus in Vilnius’ Old Town, a notably picturesque area of the city. The Old Campus hosts the majority of its summer school classes, allowing students to acquire a sense of the university’s past. Vilnius, like other historic universities, has a number of traditions that the present batch continues to uphold. A vibrant student parade, for example, takes place every year on the first day of September, stretching from Parliament Palace to the university’s main building. A folklore ensemble named Ratilio and a drama troupe called Minimum, both of which have been around for over 440 years, are among the extracurricular activities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Vilnius University
Scholarship Country: Lithuania
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
This scholarship pays for the entire tuition charge.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Non-EU/EEA students can apply for Vilnius University Tuition Fee Waivers 2022 to pursue Master’s programs taught in Russian or English.
- Applicants must not be receiving funding from any other Lithuanian or international organizations.
- To be eligible for Vilnius University Tuition Fee Waivers 2022, candidates must apply using the Online Admission System
- For admission to Vilnius University Tuition Fee Waivers 2022, applicants must provide all essential documentation.
- Successful applicants will get a full tuition award.
- All applicants must pay the application cost of 100.00 EUR.
- No later than June 8, 2022, selected candidates will be invited to a virtual interview and notified by e-mail. Only those candidates who have been chosen will be notified.
- Interviews will take conducted between June 15 and June 29, 2022.
- The final list of students who will get a tuition price discount from Vilnius University will be revealed no later than July 1, 2022.
The Vilnius University Tuition Fee Waivers 2022 is open to all International Students
- How to Apply: When using the Online Admission System, you can apply for a tuition waiver. For admission, candidates must provide all required documents and check the appropriate box in the admission system. Make sure you know when the application deadlines are!
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must apply to one of Vilnius University’s Master’s degree programs, which are taught in either English or Russian.
- language Requirements: If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate that you have sufficient English language abilities to succeed in your studies.
The application deadline for Vilnius University Tuition Fee Waivers 2022 is May 1, 2022. It is worthy to note that Vilnius University Tuition Fee Waivers 2022 is renewable every year