The Department of Geography is glad to offer a scholarship for a postgraduate taught student from Africa in collaboration with the University of Sheffield Africa Scholarship Trust.
To start studying at the University of Sheffield in September 2022, you must have applied to one of the following courses:
- MPH International Development
- MA International Development
- MSc Environmental Change and International Development
About the Scholarship:
Sheffield, South Yorkshire is the location. The University provides excellent facilities, support, and study places, allowing you to study in your own style. The Students’ Union at the University of Sheffield is ranked first in the UK* and offers a diverse choice of clubs and societies, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities to enrich your experience. In its 400-seat Students’ Union cinema, they provide live music, comedy, discussions, and film screenings. Sheffield is a dynamic city with a reputation for being kind and inviting, with a population of over half a million people. It is centrally positioned in the UK, making it a great base for visiting the UK and Europe. It is also adjacent to the Peak District, a national park and region of outstanding natural beauty. It’s also one of the top ten most affordable university cities in the United Kingdom**. As a student at this location, you will have access to the University of Law’s Employability Service, which provides a wide range of services, such as events and activities, to help you prepare for the workforce. Our dedicated employability team can assist you in gaining work experience and pro bono opportunities to help you advance your career and CV. We will help you achieve both professionally and personally by combining our professional legal training courses and experienced coaching from trained attorneys with the dynamic environs of The University of Sheffield’s campus and fantastic student experience. There are numerous buildings on campus, as well as various faculties and departments. The Octagon Center was built near the university in 1983. It is well-known as a conference and music venue hub. The site houses the Department of Plant Sciences and Biology, a museum, and the Arts Tower. The Western Bank Library is well noted for its extensive collection of books and research papers. The library houses over 150 special collections and over 25,000 rare books.In a variety of fields of study, the University of Sheffield provides courses and programs that lead to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor’s degrees. For more information, see the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below. Students from all around the world are welcome to apply for admission. Students at the University of Sheffield have access to a library, sports facilities, study abroad and exchange programs, and administrative services, among other academic and non-academic facilities and services. The University’s life-changing research, innovation, and teaching not only improves the lives of its alumni, but also influences the world in which we live. Sheffield’s research was rated as world-leading or internationally excellent in the most recent UK Research Excellence Framework. Sheffield has a distinguished history of research, invention, and social transformation, with six Nobel Prize winners among its former personnel and students. It was here that the first medical use of penicillin was pioneered in 1930, and it was here that researchers created a lifesaving medicine for the treatment of ovarian and breast cancer more recently. Today, it is leading research into sustainable farming to protect the world’s food supply, recreating the interiors of the Chernobyl and Fukushima nuclear reactors to aid in the cleanup process, and collaborating with the world’s largest social media companies to protect vulnerable users from harmful content. The University of Sheffield has a thriving international community, world-class research, and excellent teaching. Our researchers are dedicated about addressing the world’s greatest contemporary concerns. Our study has an impact on national and international policy, as well as changing people’s lives. It also informs our world-class education in the arts and humanities, engineering, medicine, dentistry, and health, as well as science, social sciences, and business. Sheffield attracts around 29,000 students from over 150 countries, resulting in a diverse and vibrant community. Sheffield is a dynamic city with a reputation for being kind and inviting, with a population of over half a million people. It is centrally positioned in the United Kingdom, making it a great base for touring the United Kingdom and Europe. By train, we are only 2 hours from London and 1 hour from Manchester. It’s also one of the top ten most affordable university cities in the United Kingdom. The great research-led education is empowering the next generation of global citizens by preparing students for life after Sheffield.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Sheffield
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
The following benefits are included in the scholarship:
- Waiver of all tuition fees
- A monthly stipend and maintenance for university housing
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- For tuition purposes, you must be categorized as an international student.
- To be eligible for this award, you must be self-funded, which means you are not receiving funding from a research council, government, commercial sector, charity, or any other comparable organization.
- This scholarship cannot be combined with any other grant, whether from the University of Sheffield or from outside sources.
- Your attendance mode must be full-time.
- The scholarship will only be awarded if you meet all of the conditions related to your offer by the deadline set by the Admissions Service.
- The scholarship will be awarded if you are granted a visa to study at the University in September 2022.
- You must be an African national or have a permanent address in Africa.
University of Sheffield Africa Scholarship Interview Dates, Process, and Location
- The panel will be particularly interested in seeing if you have:
- gave a compelling argument for applying to a postgraduate course at the University of Sheffield, listed academic advancement challenges and documented how these barriers were successfully surmounted,
- Detailed instances of professional experience in the field of international development, and clearly expressed future aims; these goals should be related to the postgraduate degree you have applied for, and how your learning will benefit others in your country.
- Your application’s outcome will be sent to you through email.
The University of Sheffield 2022 Africa Scholarship for African Students is open to all International Students from Africa
Before applying, please read all application requirements on the program website
The application deadline for the University of Sheffield 2022 Africa Scholarship for African Students is May 11, 2022. It should be worthy of note that the University of Sheffield 2022 Africa Scholarship for African Students is renewable for each year.