Our university places a strong emphasis on social responsibility, and we are dedicated to doing all we can to assist individuals who are escaping violence and persecution by providing them with the opportunity to pursue their education at Manchester.
Our Humanitarian Scholarship program, which was initiated in 2022, provides financial assistance to people who are in immediate danger and have been compelled to evacuate their homes as a direct result of armed conflict. The prizes will cover all associated costs, including visas, tuition, and living expenses. Up to 10 scholarships are available; applications must be submitted by 2024. The scholarships are open to students enrolled in a wide variety of full-time undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses, with the exception of the fields of medicine, dentistry, nursing, and architecture. Before you may submit an application for the Scholarship, you will first need to get an offer to study at this institution. The submission period will begin on March 1, 2024 and continue through April 15, 2024.
The scholarships can be used toward the completion of an undergraduate degree that is three years long. Applicants who are seeking degrees in Medicine (MBChB), Dentistry (BDS), Nursing (RN), or Architecture are ineligible. If you don’t meet the requirements for direct entry into any of our three-year degree programs in engineering, natural sciences, or biosciences, we will provide scholarships for our integrated foundation year or our Biosciences Foundation course. Unfortunately, there is currently no funding available for the foundation program that is being done in conjunction with INTO Manchester.
The Scholarship program covers all that may be done to get a master’s degree up to and including an MBA, as well as clinical degrees in medicine and dentistry.
About the Scholarship:
The University of Manchester was formed in 2004 when Victoria University of Manchester and the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST) merged to form a single institution. The bulk of the main campus can be found on Oxford Road in Manchester, England, United Kingdom. It was a public research university constructed of red brick in the style of the civic university movement of the late 19th century. This institution is so prestigious that it was given a spot in the exclusive Russell Group. What I’ve been told is that. Read the article I linked to if you want to find out more. This institution offers programs leading to the baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees as well as professional certifications. In the 2018-2019 academic year, there were 40,250 students enrolled across all campuses, with more than 10,400 teaching and support staff members.
The University of Manchester is divided into three main colleges, each of which include numerous departments and schools. The University of Michigan’s Faculty of Biology, Medicine, and Health consists of the Medical School, the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, and the School of Biological Sciences. Biology, medicine, and health are all departments of the Faculty of Science. The School of Natural Sciences and the School of Engineering at the University of Toronto together form the Faculty of Science and Engineering. The Manchester Business School, as well as the Schools of Combined Studies, Education, Environment and Development, Architecture, Law, the Social Sciences, and the Manchester School of Art and Design, are all part of Manchester University’s Faculty of Humanities. Manchester is home to the Faculty of Humanities and the Manchester Business School.
The University of Manchester has what is widely considered to be the largest students’ union in the entire country of the United Kingdom. The Students’ Union at the University of Manchester is the largest and most visible student organization there. It was a joint effort by UMIST and the University of Manchester’s student bodies to form the union. Their efforts ultimately led to the establishment of a student government union. The Union is led not by a single person, as is the case with many other organizations, but by a board of eight people who all have a stake in its success. Strengthening the Union as a whole is their top priority.
Students are actively encouraged to participate in extracurricular sports, and many recreation centers are available for their use. The Aquatics Centre, the Sugden Sports Centre, the Wellness Rooms on campus, and the Armitage Sports Complex in Fallowfield are just few of the places in Manchester where you can take advantage of this service. The Sugden, Manchester Aquatics, and the Armitage are just a few of Manchester’s world-class sporting venues.
Students at the University of Manchester have access to a wide variety of resources, including counseling services, free sports and fitness activities, and seminars to enhance academic and personal skills like time management, essay writing, and reference. All of these tools are completely free to download right now. All of these elements together show how committed the school is to the students’ development in every way. The study of social responsibility has a strong home at the University of Manchester. The many volunteer possibilities in the city are complemented by the Ethical Grand Challenge, which provides a platform for student collaboration on global concerns.
Lord Terence Burns, Chairman of Santander UK; Professor Brian Cox OBE, Physicist and Science Communicator; Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director of Oxfam International; Benedict Cumberbatch, CBE, Actor; and many more are just some of the noteworthy alumni of the University of Manchester. Representative Chuka Umunna, Bonamy Grimes, and Gareth Williams founded Skyscanner. When Chuka Umunna was a member of parliament in the United Kingdom, he served as the Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Innovation, and Skills. The event has previously been hosted by notable figures like Singapore’s Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean and Bollywood actress Parineeti Chopra. Sophie Raworth (BBC News), Sir Philip Craven MBE, and Professor Dame Sally Davies (Chief Medical Officer for England for the United Kingdom Government) are also involved. Here you can rub shoulders with Teo Chee Hean, Singapore’s Deputy Prime Minister, and Parineeti Chopra.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manchester
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
The scholarship receives complete funding.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- You will need all of the following in order to submit an application for a scholarship:
- Be in a situation where your life is in grave danger as a direct result of armed conflict, and/or Be displaced either inside your own country or have been compelled to leave it within the past three years due of armed conflict;
- Not be able to enroll in or graduate from a higher education program;
- Have never attended school in the UK or any other EU country, at any level;
- possess an offer of admission for enrollment in the month of September 2024;
- Be able to provide evidence of your familiarity with and dedication to your chosen field of study;
- Have an outstanding record of academic achievement.
- We regret to inform you that we are unable to consider applications from individuals who are currently residing in the UK or the EU.
- You will have access to Student Finance England and will be able to apply for tuition fee and maintenance loan financing through them if you are on one of the Ukraine visa programs (Homes for Ukraine, Ukraine Family Scheme, and Ukraine Extension Scheme). If you are on one of these schemes, you will be able to study in Ukraine.
- We are pleased to provide Article 26 Sanctuary Seeking Scholarships to those who are currently residing in the United Kingdom who are either seeking asylum or have been granted refugee status.
- The following factors will be taken into consideration by the selection committee of the university:
- The level of danger that you are currently exposed to, as well as the influence that this has on your capacity to seek higher education;
- Academic merit and potential; an interest that has been demonstrated in the topic of study; and
- Your current financial situation as well as whether or not you have obtained financing from any other source in order to finance your academic pursuits.
The University of Manchester 2023-2024 Humanitarian Scholarships is open to all International Students
The University of Prince Edward Island has conceived of a captivating and wide-open avenue for bright and deserving international students to fund their education. For the 2022–2023 school year, the International Entrance Awards will be given out.
- In order to submit an application, you will first require an offer of admission. If you do not already have an offer, then there is no way for a scholarship committee to consider you.
- Please be aware that receiving an academic offer does not automatically entitle you to receive financial aid in the form of a scholarship. Admission to the academic institution and selection for a scholarship are two entirely independent processes.
- Undergraduate courses
- You have to submit your application through UCAS. On our webpage devoted to applications, you can discover some pieces of advice and information.
- You are welcome to include a conditional offer in your Scholarship application; however, by the 20th of May in the year 2024, you will be required to have chosen The University of Manchester as your definitive UCAS decision.
- Master’s courses
- You are required to submit your application through our website.
- You are required to have an offer that is not contingent on any conditions at the time of your scholarship application.
- There are some classes that have a tiered admissions procedure with selection deadlines spread out throughout the year. This is done because there is a significant demand for spaces in those classes. We strongly encourage you to submit your application as soon as you can.
- Please select ‘University of Manchester scheme’ under ‘Funding Sources’ on the application form’s funding section. Then, under ‘Awarding Body type,’ write ‘Humanitarian Scholarship’.
- You might be required to pay an acceptance deposit in the formal offer letter that you receive. This is done in order to secure your spot. You are not required to carry out these steps. In the event that your application is accepted, the requirement that you submit a deposit will not be enforced.
- Putting in an Application for the Scholarship
- The submission period will begin on March 1, 2024 and continue through April 15, 2024.
- This webpage will be updated in the beginning of 2024 in order to contain a link to the application form, which will become operational on March 1 of that same year.
- In order to be considered for a master’s scholarship, you are need to include a copy of the letter stating that you have been made an unconditional offer of admission. We are unable to review any papers that are emailed to us. You need to provide your UCAS ID number on the application if you want to be considered for the undergraduate Scholarship. When you send in your application, you will be given an automatic acknowledgement, but you will not be sent a separate confirmation email.
The application deadline for the University of Manchester 2023-2024 Humanitarian Scholarships is April 15, 2024.