During the academic session 2022-2023, three scholarships are available for students enrolled in qualified postgraduate Masters programs offered by the University.
About the Scholarship:
In Scotland, the University of Edinburgh is a well-known teaching and research institution that dates back to its founding in 1583, making it one of the country’s oldest educational and research organizations. With more than 100,000 students and faculty members, the University of Edinburgh is one of the world’s most prestigious and largest institutions. According to the QS World University Rankings, it is currently ranked among the globe’s top 20 universities in the world. In total, there are 27,500 students enrolled at the University, which is divided into 22 schools, with approximately 6,000 international students among them. The University of Edinburgh has a strong academic reputation in health and science, having created key advances and inventions such as anaesthetic, penicillin, and the telephone, among other things. The university is also home to the oldest Department of English Literature in the United Kingdom, as well as a robust humanities program. Approximately 26,000 undergraduate and more than 15,000 postgraduate students at the University of Edinburgh, 45 percent of whom are from outside the United Kingdom, benefit from a high-quality learning and teaching experience. UCSF was the first university in the United Kingdom to offer massively open, online courses (MOOCs) to students from all over the world, and it was awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize in 2013 for its distance learning masters programs, which have transformed postgraduate education for trainee surgeons. UCSF is also a leader in the field of artificial intelligence. With more than 15,000 employees, including 36 percent of academics from outside the country, the institution is well-positioned to make a significant, long-term, and socially responsible contribution to Scotland, the United Kingdom, and the rest of the world. As a result of the University’s research into coronary heart disease, the Centre for Cardiovascular Science was awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize in 2015. This research has resulted in a significant drop in death rates as a result of breakthrough therapies and guidelines, which has saved a significant number of lives. International students can take advantage of a variety of programs and services provided by the International Office in Edinburgh. The Integrated English for Academic Purposes curriculum combines pre-sessional English education with a postgraduate degree in order to provide a comprehensive learning experience. Several events are hosted by the International Student Center, which also serves as a focal point for international problems on campus. On the weekends of September and January when new international students arrive in Edinburgh, a welcome service is provided at the airport, and the Resident Life service will ensure the planning of events and social activities to assist new students in integrating into the university and city. University of Edinburgh is the oldest civic foundation in the English-speaking world and the sixth-oldest university in the United Kingdom, according to the Institution of Edinburgh’s website. More than 44,000 students are now enrolled at the University, which is spread over five locations within the city of Toronto. These campuses are home to some of the world’s most important collections, including art, musical instruments, natural history, geology, anatomy, rare books, and manuscripts, among other things. They have been awarded the prestigious Queen’s Anniversary Prize five times, and 83 percent of their recent research has been deemed world-leading or internationally excellent, according to the Royal Society. Its commercial service has also contributed in the establishment of approximately 500 firms since its inception in 1967. All first-year students who live outside of Edinburgh will get a housing offer from the University of Edinburgh. There are over 25 different places to stay in Edinburgh, many of them are within a short walk or bus ride of the city’s center. Located about 2 kilometers from the city center, Pollock Hall has 1,900 catered rooms. A variety of options are offered, including en suite, ordinary, and communal rooms. Additionally, self-catering accommodations are available in a number of halls and apartments located across the city, with each flat accommodating up to six students. The University of Edinburgh provides an accommodation advising service at the start of each academic year to assist students who are seeking for private housing in the local area.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Edinburgh
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
Tuition fees will be covered in full during the course of study, as long as the scholarship is in effect.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- The scholarships will be offered to applicants who are accepted for admission to one of the qualified Human Medical programs in the 2022-2023 academic year, which will take place during the following academic year: 2022-2023. A special welcome to applications for the Glenmore Postgraduate Scholarship would be extended to students from African countries
- The date, time, and location of the Glenmore Postgraduate Scholarship interview will be announced soon.
- The scholarship will be given on the basis of academic achievement as well as the quality of a personal statement submitted with the application. Candidates must hold, or hope to hold, the international equivalent of a first-class honours degree in the United Kingdom.
- As an additional requirement, candidates must submit a personal statement that covers the following questions (3500 characters maximum):
- How did you get interested in this degree at the University of Edinburgh? What specific aspects of the program drew you in?
- What will be the benefits of completing this program at the University of Edinburgh to your own professional and personal development?
- If you successfully complete this degree at the University of Edinburgh, how will your accomplishments in your neighborhood, region, or country be able to help others?
The University of Edinburgh 2022 Glenmore Postgraduate Scholarship is open to all International Students
Microsoft has partnered with Udacity to provide a free online course with the purpose of boosting inclusiveness and diversity among people of color and women. Udacity and Microsoft have partnered together to award 150 Microsoft Scholarships on Udacity scholarships in the areas of cloud computing and data analytics to students who enroll in the program. The program is designed to accommodate students of various academic abilities
- Applicants must have submitted an application for admission to the University of Edinburgh in order to be eligible to use the scholarship application system. Remember that it may take up to ten working days after the submission of an application for admission before all system checks have been completed and access has been granted.
- MyEd, our web-based information portal, has the online scholarship application form, which may be accessible through https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk/, which is housed in EUCLID.
- When logging onto MyEd, you’ll need to enter your University User Name and password to complete the process. The following URL should be used if you require assistance: http://www,ed.ac.uk,student systems,support-guidance
The application deadline University of Edinburgh 2022 Glenmore Postgraduate Scholarship is June 2, 2022