The University College London (UCL) has created the UCL Research Excellence Scholarship (UCL-RES), which is a highly competitive incentive, with the intention of luring outstanding individuals to its PhD program.
Students of exceptional merit from any part of the world are encouraged to submit an application for one of up to forty (40) Research Excellence Scholarships (RES) offered by UCL. It is encouraged that anyone considering or currently enrolled in a PhD program at UCL apply.
About the Scholarship Provider:
With approximately 11,000 academics and staff and 39,000 students from 150 different countries, UCL is one of the top universities in the world in terms of diversity. It was founded in 1826 as one of the two initial campuses of the University of London. When it came to admitting students of other faiths and genders, UCL was the pioneer in England. Reflecting its dedication to its founding principles of academic excellence and research aimed at solving real-world problems, UCL’s research is focused on addressing the Grand Challenges of global health, sustainable cities, cultural understanding, human well-being, transformative technology, and justice and equality.
UCL’s dedication to cutting-edge research, teaching, and discovery is reflected in its position among the world’s best universities in seven different categories (Opens in new window). UCL has the best research capabilities in the UK, according to the most recent data from the Research Excellence Framework (Opens in new window). Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Faculty of Brain Sciences, Faculty of Built Environment, Faculty of Engineering Sciences, Faculty of Laws, Faculty of Life Sciences, Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Population Health Sciences, Faculty of Social and Historical Sciences, and Institute of Education. When people talk about “London’s Global University,” they usually mean University Institution London, the largest and oldest college in the University of London. Now the greatest research university in the United Kingdom, it ranks seventh internationally in the latest QS World Institution Rankings (2022). Research Quality and Assessment Framework. roughly half of the school’s roughly 40,000 students come from outside the United States
UCL is a member of the esteemed Russell Group of UK universities and the League of European Research Universities, a network of European research universities with the goal of influencing European policy and promoting best practices through mutual exchange of experience. UCL has 30 Nobel Laureates among its faculty and students and employs 840 professors and 7,000 support personnel across 11 schools and colleges. Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Royal Free Hospital, and Moorfields Eye Hospital are just a few of the prestigious hospitals with which University College London has established partnerships to offer students clinical training.
University College London is a firm believer in the importance of education for global citizenship in providing its students with the knowledge and skills they’ll need to contribute positively to the world. The International Office at University College London hosts a new student orientation session every semester to help incoming international students settle in and get off to a productive start. Each undergraduate gets access to a dedicated tutor, and if more help is required, departments can bring in faculty and tutors from other departments. Consider hiring a private tutor if you need help in any of the following areas:
UCL, or University College London, is a public, non-profit institution located in the middle of crowded London (estimated population: over 5,000,000). University College London (UCL) is a big (uniRank enrollment range: 40,000-44,999 students) coeducational UK higher education institution that has been recognized and chartered by the Privy Council. University College London (UCL) is a famous institution of higher education located in London, United Kingdom. UCL confers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in several fields. Here is a table that shows how various uniRank degree tiers compare to the most popular majors. This 194-year-old British university has a strict admissions process that involves tests and takes previous academic performance into account. We welcome applications from students all across the world. A library, sports facilities, study abroad and exchange programs and administrative support are just some of the academic and extracurricular resources offered to students.
The Bartlett is devoted to the fields of art and architecture, biology, chemistry, computer science, education, history, law, mathematics, physics, medicine, public health, and sociology as well as history and geography. The University College Hospital and the Royal National Throat, Nose, and Ear Hospital are only two of the many hospitals that are connected to the school. Neuroscience, individualized medicine, population and lifetime health, the environment, and eResearch are the core topics of transdisciplinary study at UCL.
Academic excellence has a long history at this university. For instance, a University College London chemistry professor won the Nobel Prize in chemistry in 1904 for his role in the discovery of neon and other noble gases. Centrally located in London, UCL can be found in the Bloomsbury district. It is surrounded by several academic and cultural establishments, such as museums, libraries, professional organizations, theaters, hospitals, and laboratories.
The UCL East campus is being built adjacent to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to house 4,000 students and 260 academic members from eight different UCL schools. Catered and self-catered residence halls, catered inter-collegiate halls, and privately rented lodging organized by partner organizations are all guaranteed to all first-year international undergraduate and graduate students. Facilities for sports, study abroad and exchange programs, a library, and other academic and administrative aids are all available.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University College London
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The UCL-RES scholarship covers the full cost of attendance at either the Home or Overseas campus, as well as providing an annual maintenance income that increases with inflation. The full-time rate for the forthcoming 2023/24 school year is £20,622 (part-time rates are calculated ‘pro rata’). We have not yet settled on a tariff for 2024/25.
- The scholarship will cover up to £1,200 per year in additional research costs for the selected duration of study.
- The scholarship will cover tuition and fees for the duration of the program. This should be finished in three years for full-time MPhil/PhD/EngD degree programs (or five years for part-time study), assuming excellent academic progress throughout. The budget is inadequate to cover the time period required for CRS/writing up.
- If the student is enrolled in a full four-year Ph.D. program, this stipend will be extended to include the final year of study.
- The 2024-25 school year’s financial period will officially begin on September 23, 2024..l
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
Here’s the info you need to fill out an application:
- have applied to or be enrolled in an eligible** full- or part-time UCL degree program by the scholarship deadline; have or expect to acquire at least an Upper Second Class Honours UK undergraduate degree or comparable qualification.
- To be ELIMINATED from consideration for an AWARD, one must:
- one must either already be enrolled in or have an offer to enroll in a research degree programme at UCL.
- Current students can apply, however funding for their third year of research will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Students working on a professional doctorate (DClinPsy, DDent, DEdPsy (Brain Sciences), DOrth, or DPsychotherapy) are ineligible for this grant. To join, you need not have earned a Professional Doctorate in Engineering (Eng.D.).
- The relevant Department assesses applicants who satisfy or are expected to meet the standards. Each division creates a ranked list of applicants to submit to the university-wide UCL Selection Panel.
- The UCL Selection Panel is the final arbiter. The Pro-Vice-Provost, Doctoral School, presides over the panel, which consists of UCL professors from several departments.
- The order of candidates is determined by considering the following criteria
- Research Experience, Interest, a Research Plan, and Proposed Methods that Show You Can Do Original, Society-Relevant Research
- This award is made available to students of all socioeconomic backgrounds.
The University College London 2024 Fully-funded Research Excellence Scholarship, UK is open to all international students.
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Do you think you could be a candidate? Apply online at www.ucl.ac.uk to attend University College London.
- To submit an application to the UCL-RES, please follow these steps:
- Step One: Apply to University College London
- The first stage is applying for entrance. Submit your application for the research degree program you desire before the deadline. You must have submitted your UCL admissions application, but you need not have been accepted to the university to be considered for this award.
- As soon as we confirm the application procedure, we will update this section with details about the next steps. Regular changes to the application process will be posted here.
- The last day to submit an application and all other supporting documents to your department is Friday, January 12, 2024. It’s worth noting that this deadline may be superseded by those of other academic disciplines.
- We also offer the Research Excellence Scholarship for Cross-disciplinary Training (RXD) to current UCL PhD students who are interested in gaining research experience in a different faculty area.
- Submit a Research Scholarship Nomination (this Reference Material will be updated when RES Departmental Guidance is ready) is a piece of departmental information reference material.
- Remember that the scholarship application deadline must be met regardless of whether or not you have received an admissions offer. Your admission offer and the date it was extended will be checked in a later system check by the UCL Student Funding Office.
The application deadline for the University College London 2024 Fully-funded Research Excellence Scholarship, UK is January 12, 2024.