The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation offers a scholarship program for international students who want to further their research in Canada for the academic year of 2023-2024. The scholarship program will help the researchers in engaging them to be a leader who is deliberately aware of their own research, connected to the communities in which they are working, and open to progressive forms of information and knowledge.
The scholarship program will be awarding 20 international students with doctoral degrees and wil be awarded for up to three years. The award will be covering the student’s travel allowance, stipend, and tuition fee.
If you are ready to embark on your leadership development journey then this scholarship is the best one for you!
Scholarship Provider: The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation
About the Provider
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation is a free and non-sectarian charity laid out in 2001 as a living commemoration to the previous head of the state.
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation addresses considerably more than a Scholarship. We are an entryway for strong, state-of-the-art doctoral researchers to become Drawn Pioneers who have a significant effect on their networks and establishments.
The Foundation cultivates the improvement of Connected Administration abilities through a three-year program fixated on educational plans instructed by Colleagues and Coaches in settings that take Scholars beyond a conventional university setting. By working close to other people who have a variety of viewpoints and come from various foundations, Scholars learn initiative by venturing outside their usual range of familiarity.
Past offering liberal monetary help to the doctoral research of remarkable Scholars, we support the advancement of future Drew in Pioneers who motivate creative methodologies as they pioneer new paths in the Social Sciences and Humanities.
In excess of a Scholarship, the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation is an entryway for strong, state-of-the-art doctoral researchers to become pioneers with significant effects in their organizations and networks. Together, their Scholars, Guides, Colleagues, and graduated class structure a remarkable local area of academics and pioneers who meet up to investigate novel ideas subjects, and horizons.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Ph.D. Degree
- Field: Social Science and Humanities
- Scholarship Award: Tuition fee, Living Allowance, Travel Allowance
- Number of Awards: 20
- Duration: Three Years
- Scholarship Country: Canada
- University: Any eligible university in Canada which offers the eligible field for the Ph.D. program
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
To apply to the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Scholarship, you should meet the accompanying qualification standards:
- You should be as of now acknowledged into or in the year a couple of a full-time doctoral program, and expected to finish your doctoral examinations in 2026 or later.
- Your field of study is extensively connected with the humanities or human sciences of direct pertinence to the eventual fate of Canada; (kindly allude to the FAQ for additional subtleties and set out to find out about past scholarship beneficiaries)
- Your doctoral work should connect with something like one of the Foundation’s Four Topics: Human Freedoms and Respect, Mindful Citizenship, Canada and the World, and Individuals and their Natural Environment.
- Be a Canadian resident learning at a Canadian or foreign foundation, or an international student who has signed up for a doctoral program at a Canadian university or institution.
- Must have a strong record of academic performance/academic excellence.
- Must be engaged in an organization or community activities that showcase their leadership skills and engagements to the community.
- Applicants must be resourceful with agility and tenacity, adaptable to face adversity, and willing to take challenges and take risks to motivate the community and the institutions.
The Foundation is focused on choosing different groups of Scholars, remembering variety for terms of orientation, race, disability, language, financial foundation, Indigenous, and locale of the origin, as well as concerning points of view and disciplines.
- Competitors who are focused on a three-year initiative program and who meet the qualification criteria can apply straightforwardly to the Foundation through the application portal.
- Colleges assume a necessary part in empowering the possibility to apply, suggesting applicants(scholarly refs), and later, affirming the situation with their students and different details.
- The Foundation will be reviewing all applications and shortlisted candidates are welcome to interviews. Finalists continue to interview with the Application and Nominee Review Committee or ANRC who at last prescribe their decisions to the Governing body for definite approval.
To apply for the scholarship, the students must follow the application instruction at the application portal provided by the foundation.
- The students must register for their accounts at the application portal and if you have already an account for the last application of 2022, then you are still required to create a new account.
- Once you have registered it is important to create and complete the application form for the 2023 Scholarship Program.
In order to complete the application, applicants must be able to provide the following:
- Demographic information about yourself, this one is important information as this will be used for statistical purposes and all information can be used by the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation.
- Must complete the essay question in the application portal, the essay must be 200-400 words only.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Language skills
- Transcript of records
- Proof of Extracurricular activities and Volunteer activities as well as related work experience.
Keep in mind that it is important to read and agree to the terms and conditions of the foundation, all applicants will be askt to acknowledge the form as they have read the policies of the foundation.
The chosen Ph.D. students will be awarded the following:
- Leadership Training
- Membership in the communities of Mentors, Fellows, Scholars, and other disciplines.
- $40,000 annual tuition fees will be covered
- Living expenses
- $20,000 research and travel allowance for up to three years.
All successful students will be awarded for up to three years.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until December 2, 2022.