To support and connect the next generations of leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, TechGirls provide access and opportunities to young women to advance their skills and knowledge to pursue their professional goals.
About the Scholarship
TechGirls unites 15 seriously competitive young women (ages 15-17) with 111 companions from 35 nations/domains all over the world for a 25-day global trade program of applied technology and STEM subjects. The trade will incorporate an intuitive technology camp at Virginia Tech University, site visits to technology organizations, conversations on STEM education and vocations, profession opportunities, community services, leadership training, position opportunities, diverse discoursed, sporting exercises, and homestays.
American and foreign TechGirls members will be expected to carry out follow-on help projects in their home networks that they planned during their U.S.- based trade. Destinations incorporate Washington, D.C., urban areas the nation over (Austin, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, or Seattle), and the grounds of Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA.
The scholarship is comprehensive of travel, courses, programming, accommodations and dinners, staff oversight, and ground transport for touring.
U.S. youth STEM pioneers, this is your opportunity to team up with similar companions from across the globe and gain tech abilities that will motivate you to seek after your goals.
TechGirls is a drive of the US Division of State’s Department of Educational and Social and Cultural Affairs, carried out by Heritage Global in an organization with Virginia Tech University. The program is intended to engage young ladies from around the world to seek advanced education and, eventually, careers in STEM fields. A feature of the program is to team up and fabricate enduring kinships with similar friends from everywhere in the world who share normal interests. The worldwide members are from:
- Western Hemisphere (WHA) – Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Honduras, and Suriname
- South and Central Asia (SCA) – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
- East Asia and Pacific (EAP) – Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam
- Europe and Eurasia (EUR) – Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey
- Sub-Saharan Africa (AF) – Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa
- Middle East and North Africa (NEA) – Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia
About the Program Action Plan
During the program, each TechGirl fosters an activity plan for a local area-based task to transfer abilities and information back home. Projects have included – beginning a Tech Club at school, offering training to colleagues, helping nearby businesses by planning a site, making an online discourse discussion with companions, blogging, and coordinating tech profession fairs at their school. TechGirls likewise share their TechGirls experience with their nearby local area upon getting back from the program.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Eligible Countries
- Degree Level: Bachelor
- Field: STEM
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Award: Travel Allowance, Accommodation, Meals, Living Stipend, and other related educational fees
- Duration: 25 days
- Scholarship Country: USA
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Renewable: No
Before proceeding with the application the students must meet the following criteria:
- Are between the ages of 15 and 17 toward the beginning of the trade on July eighth, 2023 must be born between July 9, 2005, and July 8, 2008)
- Have exhibited progressed abilities and a serious interest in science, technology, engineering, as well as math in their academic years
- Expect to seek advanced education as well as careers in STEM, particularly technology;
- Have solid English language abilities (high-level transitional English abilities);
- Show development, adaptability, and receptiveness;
- Will go to somewhere around one extra semester of optional school upon their re-visitation to their nation of origin;
- Are focused on finishing a local area put-together task with respect to their get-back; and
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa qualification prerequisites (for example, U.S. residents are not qualified for a J-1 visa)
- Qualified competitors should be residents and current inhabitants of taking part nations. Third-country nationals permanently living in a qualified nation ought to reach us to decide on qualifications preceding applying.
- Inclination will be given to the people who have restricted or no related knowledge in the US. You are not qualified on the off chance that you have traveled to the US over the most recent three years as a feature of some other ECA trade program.
Note that relatives of U.S. Government office or Department staff. U.S. Division of State workers, relatives of the overseeing association, or accomplice associations is not qualified to apply.
TechGirls encourages individuals with diverse foundations and abilities to apply, incorporating people with inabilities.
- To apply, the applicants are urged to peruse their opens in another window Eligibility and Application necessities.
- Complete all responses in the English language. Keep in mind that the applicants must have good communication skills in oral and written English.
- The essay should be written in Word Documents and pasted into the online portal.
- You can save your advancement and return to the structure by tapping the Save and Return button situated at the top and base right half of the application. You can save progress however much you wish until you are prepared for definite submission.
At TechGirls, they empower youth leadership and obligation and establish an environment of trust. They plainly make sense of the timetable and anticipate that TechGirls should be on time and prepared for every action. The timetable made assists everybody with capitalizing on the three-week serious learning experience.
TechGirls are directed 24 hours per day. An environment is made to quickly resolve issues and concerns. The staff helps young people with cultural changes, mentor, and counsels on a case by case basis. Staff are First Aid and CPR affirmed to quickly address any medical care needs.
The scholarship will be covering the following:
- Roundtrip international airfare
- Visa Fee
- Meals including Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Local Transportation Fees
- Health Insurance
- Cultural Events
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until December 16, 2022.