It is with great pleasure that we at Swansea University announce the Sanctuary Scholarship for 2022. People who are seeking asylum in the UK will be provided with equal opportunity to pursue higher education at this university, which will assist these individuals in realizing their full potential and achieving their goals.
Students who are enrolled in an approved postgraduate teaching master’s course at Swansea University are considered for the Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship each academic year. The student’s entire tuition fee bursary, the cost of postgraduate taught master’s course fees, and any other expenditures associated with the student’s education are covered by this.
About the Scholarship:
Swansea University, which has just celebrated its centennial in 2020, has a strong reputation for both the quality of its instructors and the satisfaction of its student body. Each of the university’s two campuses is located within a few hundred meters of the coast. The Singleton Park Campus was established in 1920 and is located in the heart of Swansea, surrounded by acres of parkland and offering stunning vistas of the bay. 2015 marked the beginning of construction on the brand new Bay Campus, which features its very own exclusive beach. There are three academic faculties that provide students from over one hundred different countries with the opportunity to participate in undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. The University is a university with a strong emphasis on research that works toward finding solutions to problems that exist on a worldwide scale. In terms of the impact that they have on society, approximately ninety percent of their research is regarded as “world-leading” or “internationally excellent.” On the majority of degrees, students have the option to complete work internships or integrated years in the business.
Additionally, the award-winning Swansea Employability Academy offers free career counseling and opportunities. The University has set a goal to ensure that all undergraduate students have the opportunity to either study or work in a country outside of the United States. Swansea University is an institution that goes out of its way to be warm and welcoming to its students and places a high value on them. It is known for having a thriving social scene because to its active students’ union as well as its 170 different clubs and organizations. Swansea is recognized as the cultural and entertainment capital of South West Wales, and it features a thriving nightlife that caters to the needs of students. In order to facilitate students’ transition into the local community, Swansea University provides both a meet-and-greet service at Heathrow Airport and an orientation that lasts for one full week.
During the course of the academic year, the English Language Training Service offers a variety of pre-sessional classes in addition to individualized assistance with the English language. International@CampusLife is the name of a permanent office that can be found on each campus and its sole purpose is to provide assistance to students from other countries. They offer aid, guidance, and direction to overseas students on a variety of issues, such as visas, money, and welfare, and they do so in a variety of contexts. About 4,500 students are accommodated by Residential Services, and in order to guarantee university housing, first-year undergraduate and postgraduate students must submit their housing applications by June 31. The largest facility, which has over 1,000 rooms, is located four kilometers away from the primary Singleton Campus. In the majority of areas, all of the students are accommodated in a mixture of rooms with private bathrooms and regular rooms.
Accommodation for Students The university manages Swansea, which provides students with assistance in finding private rental accommodation and coordinates shared housing for students living in the city. Swansea also provides students with the opportunity to live in shared housing. The establishment can be found in Swansea, which is the second largest city in Wales and is renowned for the robust cultural environment that it possesses. Because of its picturesque waterfront campuses, Swansea University is a top choice for prospective students from other countries. The two campuses that make up Swansea University have both been honored with the prestigious Green Flag Status Award, making it the first and only dual-campus university in Wales to receive this honor.
Over the past decade, Swansea University, which is consistently ranked as one of the most research-intensive colleges in the United States, has witnessed a rise in research income that is equal to or greater than 70 percent. College of Engineering, College of Arts and Humanities, College of Human and Health Sciences, Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law, School of Management, Swansea University Medical School, College of Science, and The college, Swansea University are the eight colleges that make up the university, which has campuses in both Singleton Park and Bay. Swansea University is also a college at the university.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Swansea University
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- a scholarship that will pay the total cost of your postgraduate taught master’s course expenses in its entirety.
- Additional funding will be made available to assist with the payment of fees associated with the course, such as travel to and from the university, costs associated with sustenance, costs associated with digital equipment, and the purchase of books.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- In order to be eligible for the Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship, applicants must demonstrate that they satisfy each and every one of the following requirements. You fit into one of the following categories:
- You have come to the United Kingdom in search of asylum.
- You have been given permission to stay in the country on a discretionary basis or Humanitarian Protection.
- You are listed as the asylum seeker’s partner or dependent in the application that you submitted in the UK.
- Plus any other eligibility requirements that aren’t listed here (see official site)
The Swansea University 2022 Sanctuary Scholarship (UK) is open to all International Students
The ANU Research School of Biology, which is a member of the ANU College of Science, has the potential to grant a total of two Laureate Postgraduate Research Scholarships in the year 2021. These scholarships will be given by the ANU College of Science. The purpose of the prize is to entice the most outstanding students from across the world as well as those from the local community to pursue postgraduate research at the Research School of Biology of the University of Sydney in order to earn a PhD degree
- To begin, you will be need to have either a conditional or an unconditional offer to study on a master’s degree program that is eligible at Swansea University. Asylum seekers can use the free online course offered by Future Learn to navigate the application procedure for a university in the UK.
- Applicants are required to submit their applications before the application deadline, which is Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. Before you begin filling out your application, you are strongly encouraged to read the Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship 2022 Application Guidance Notes.
- In order to apply, please fill out the following information and email it to [email protected]:
- The Application Form for the Swansea University Sanctuary Scholarship, 2022
- A personal statement
- A photocopy of the letter of offer from Swansea University
- A letter of recommendation from a respected individual who is familiar with your situation and can vouch for your qualifications to pursue a Postgraduate Taught Master’s degree on their own accord (for example a teacher or former teacher, a member of a community group or organisation that has been supporting you, etc).
- Documentation to support your existing immigration status or a status request*
The application deadline for Swansea University 2022 Sanctuary Scholarship (UK) is June 30, 2022