The Government of Hungary offers a fully-funded scholarship for international students for the academic year of 2023-2024. The Stipendium Hungaricum provides an opportunity for outstanding students with all types of degrees to further their higher education in Hungary with a fully-funded award. The scholarship program aims to increase the number of international students in Hungary, break the gaps through education and encourage Hungarian Higher Educations Universities and Institutions to attract and develop more leaders in the top foreign students. The scholarship program will be managed by the Tempus Public Foundation.
Successful students of the scholarship will be able to focus on their educational advancement as Stipendium Hungaricum will be covering the tuition fees, insurance, and accommodations.
Studying in Hungary
Obtaining you higher degree at any Hungarian University will give you an opportunity to acquire highly competitive knowledge and information and an exceptional international experience in Europe. International students can live and study in a country surrounded by histories with deep cultural life where new innovations meet the traditions.
All programs of study will be thought in the English language and students can choose their program at any degree level at the well-known Hungarian Universities.
About Stipendium Hungaricum
To promote the internalization of Hungarian Higher Education, the Hungarian Government established the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program which aims to help international students to achieve their higher degree program in Hungary and to promote the country’s high-quality education.
Stipendium Hungaricum, being the most esteemed higher education scholarship program of the Hungarian Government, offers a great many courses for international students of phenomenal academic history. Established by the Hungarian Government in 2013, the program is directed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and overseen by the Tempus Public Foundation.
It depends on two-sided education arrangements among Hungary and the governments of the sending nations, and is as of now accessible on five continents in very nearly 90 nations and domains, attracting in excess of 5000 international students every year. Candidates are offered in excess of 600 full degree programs, covering all higher education fields at all degree levels, including part-time and doctoral projects.
They can gladly express that in excess of 93% of their scholarship holders would pick Hungary once more, which they see as a motivation to additionally widen the extent of the scholarship in the future. Graduates who have returned home to their home countries had marketable knowledge and skills, economic and political relationships, building a city that contributes to Hungary’s image and recognition all over the world.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: All types
- Field: Eligible fields for the scholarship
- Number of Awards: Numerous
- Duration: Whole duration of the chosen course
- Scholarship Country: Hungary
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding to the application process the students must meet the eligibility for the scholarship:
- Must be an international student who can demonstrate their interest in their higher education and be one of the students who can motivate other international students to fulfill their higher education in Hungary.
- Must have exceptional academic achievements.
- Have good communication skills in oral and written English, all programs will be thought in the English language, and international students must provide evidence of English language proficiency score to the chosen Hungarian University. (Test scores will be depending on the university’s required scores.)
To apply for the scholarship, interested students must access the online portal application system provided by the Tempus Public Foundation. The application must be read and completed before submission. Keep in mind that incomplete applications will not be considered and will be automatically rejected.
The online application system will be requiring a student’s documents to better support their application.
As part of the application system the students are required to submit the following:
- Copy of Passport
- English language test scores
- Medical Certificates
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Official transcript of records
- Proof of citizenship
For more information about the application process, students may contact [email protected]
The scholarship will be covering the following benefits for the successful students:
- Tuition-free education
- Monthly Stipend month measure of HUF 43,700 (EUR 103) commitment to the living costs in Hungary, for a year, until the finishing of studies
- Accommodation, free residence place, or a commitment of HUF 40,000/month to convenience costs for the entire length of the scholarship time frame. Note that in the event that the students don’t reside in the quarters, the HUF 40,000/month is a commitment to that rental expenses, and in greater urban communities – particularly in the capital city – this commitment wouldn’t cover everything of rental expenses.
- Insurance, medical services administrations as per the applicable Hungarian regulation (Act LXXX of 1997, public health care coverage card), and strengthening medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (153 EUR) a year/individual.
Successful students are required to read and agreed to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship. Keep in mind that the provisions of the awards are only contributions to the living stipend of the successful students, it means that the awards may not be able to cover the full living expenses of the students and the students are also required to have their own financial resources to sustain their living expenses in Hungary.
The applicants are also advised to check the expected living expenses in Hungary and in the city where they wish to further their higher education. The cost of living calculator can be found on the official website of the provider.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until January 16, 2023.