The University of Nottingham wants to encourage women all over the world to apply for a fully-funded scholarship to honor and empower the skills and abilities of every woman all around the globe. The British Council Scholarship for Women is a fully-funded award that will support the educational journey of international students.
British Council International Stem Scholarships for Women
The University of Nottingham in partnership with the British Council wants to invite every international woman who already has a degree in a STEM subject and has the passion to further their education. The scholarship will benefit the women who can demonstrate their financial needs and willingness to pursue their studies and career in STEM.
The scholarship aims to increase more opportunities for women in STEAM degree because according to the global data of the UNESCO there is only fewer percent of researchers all around the globe are women so to increase more women in research the British Council together with the university partnership decided to develop a scholarship that can increase more women in the research field.
Scholarship Provider: University of Nottingham
Partnership: British Council
University of Nottingham
Studying at the University of Nottingham will give benefits to the students in teaching and research with a high-quality education. One of the leading research universities and ranked as number 8 for their research framework.
The University of Nottingham is an ever-changing and dynamic university with an international reputation for excellence in education. It has a reliable faculty that consistently delivers excellent teaching and learning that provides carefree attention to each student due to the small batch size at Nottingham.
The British Council wants to build connections through trust and understanding between people in the United Kingdom and other countries around by giving access to arts and culture and English language education.
The British Council works in two ways, directly to the individuals that may be able to transform their lives and with the government and partnerships that can make a big impact and difference in the long run, developing more opportunities and benefits to millions of people worldwide.
They help the young generation to gain more skills, knowledge, and confidence in every potential that they are looking for in their future careers and goals. Connecting the world without a gap can lead to a better understanding of each other’s challenges and strengths to build a better community and value what each world can give.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Nationality: Brazil and Mexico
- Degree Level: Master
- Field: Drug Discovery, Clinical Nutrition, Environmental, Leadership and Management, Architecture and Renewable Energy, Biotechnology, Physiotherapy and Architecture, and Designs.
- Scholarship Award: Fully-funded
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Number of Awards: Five
- Duration: Two years
Before taking the application process students must check the eligibility and other criteria of the scholarship.
- Must be a woman.
- Must have a passport and be a resident of Mexico or Brazil.
- Already submitted their application to study in an eligible course at the university.
- Can demonstrate their financial needs.
- Must be able to return to their home country after the duration of the scholarship program.
- No previous records on studying at the higher degree level in the United Kingdom or has lived in the UK.
- at the time of application, have completed all elements of an undergraduate degree leading to entry into postgraduate study at a partner university in the UK and must commence your postgraduate studies in the UK in 2022.
Other Important Criteria
Interested students are required to show evidence on their application that:
- The students are active in their chosen field and have been able to show or demonstrate their work experience related to their interest program.
- Must be able to show evidence of their skills and knowledge to be acquired at the university that they can share or contribute their gained knowledge to the development of the socio-economics at their home country.
- The students must demonstrate their future plans and passion to engage in other Women in STEM in their home country.
- Must read and agreed to the scholarship condition of the British Council.
English Language Requirements
The students must meet the language requirement of the university. All courses will be though in the English language it is important that the students must have good communication in written and oral English.
An English Proficiency test score will be required and must be able to meet the standard score requirements of the university.
- IELTS score of 6.0 or higher
- PTE score of 65 higher
- TOEFL score of 79 higher
If at the time of your application, your current test results do not meet the English language requirements for your chosen course, but you do meet the academic requirements, the university may make you a conditional offer with English language conditions. You will then need to take a further English language test to meet the requirements or successfully complete one of the university’s English language preparation courses at the required level before you begin your studies.
Students must be able to apply for their chosen course as listed above to ensure that the students are eligible for the offer. The application form can be accessed through the application portal of the University of Nottingham.
It is important to complete the application form and submit all the necessary documents required to be considered for the scholarship. Applications must be completed before the deadline, late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Copy of Passport
- Transcript of Records
- Financial Support
The University of Nottingham in partnership with the British Council will be awarding five international students with the following benefits:
- Tuition fee
- Travel cost
- Visa Process
- Health Coverage fees
- English language support
All application forms and supporting documents must be submitted on or before March 25, 2022.
Students must read the terms and conditions of the scholarship program. The International Scholarship for Woman in Stem will be offered annually by the University of Nottingham and the British Council.