The Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship is now open for application for the academic year of 2023-2024. The scholarship is funded by the Standard Bank and administered by the London School of Economics and Political Science in the United Kingdom.
The Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship
The Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship will be offered to outstanding students facing financial challenges to further their education. The scholarship is intended for international students who are citizens of Standard Bank’s Operating Countries.
The fully-funded scholarship covers the student’s tuition fee and a living stipend while pursuing their master’s degree program in the United Kingdom. Standard Bank Group is passionate about driving inclusive growth across Africa and its sustainability. The sort of development that will have a positive and lasting effect on their entire lives. And they put Africa’s, clients’, and kin’s dreams at the core of all they do. Because the bank understands that they have the ability to rejuvenate dreams, work becomes something they can all put stock in, and genuine progress – for everybody – will occur.
The bank’s imaginative methodology allows them to offer a large number of monetary services to meet the diverse needs of clients all through Africa. Their competitive advantage permits them to make an incentive for the clients by focusing on loaning cash, giving transactional banking facilities and information-based services, and giving business sector access and risk moderation solutions.
Scholarship Provider: London School of Economics and Political Science
About the Provider
The London School of Economics and Political Science is one of the leading social science universities all over the world and is committed to developing an equitable, vibrant, and truly inclusive environment for students and staff globally. LSE is a worldwide local area of individuals and ideas in the core of focal London. They are the specialist social sciences university, positioning third globally in the QS subject rankings for 2022 and as the top university in London.
The university assists students with getting ready for brilliant futures in world-evolving roles. A rigorous social science education is designed to stretch students mentally through specialist undergrad and postgraduate programs, executive education, distance learning, and summer schools. LSE students are members of one of the largest financial and social science libraries in the world. Initiatives such as LSE LIFE, the Ph.D. Foundation, Student Futures, Careers, Volunteers, and provide scholarship opportunities, and personal and professional support for students as well.
LSE academics direct social science research that makes a lasting effect on society. This means students are educated by academics that routinely advise international bodies and governments, and who are also vocal in the media on current news. LSE is home to world-driving sustainability research which has a worldwide effect, a passionate local area acting to make a change, a green campus, and education programs planning students for future challenges. This is all centered on their strategic mission to shape a sustainable world.
Scholarship Eligible Program
Interested applicants must make sure to meet the eligible program intended for the scholarship awards. All listed program below is for the Master’s Degree Program at LSE
- Data Science
- Accounting and Finance
- Behavioural Science
- Economic and Management
- Economics and Philosophy
- Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- Environment and Development
- Finance and Private Equity
- Full-time in Finance
- Financial Mathematics
- Global Health Policy
- Management and Strategy
- Local Economic Development
- Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- Management and Strategy
- Real Estate Economics and Finance
- Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Risk and Finance
- Urbanisation and Development
- Applicant’s Nationality: All eligible Standard Bank’s Operating Countries
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Awards: Full tuition fee and £21,000 amount for the living stipend
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Duration: Full-time
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- The applicants must be a citizen of the eligible Standard Bank Operating Countries
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English
- Must meet the admission criteria of the London School of Economics and Political Science
- Must be able to demonstrate their academic skills
- The applicants must have received a conditional or conditional offer of admission at the university
- Be able to meet the study program for the master’s degree at the university
- The applicants must be holding a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the United Kingdom
- Must meet the admission application criteria
The application for the scholarship and admission can be accessed in an online portal provided by the university. The university encouraged all applicants to apply as early as possible as the competition for programs at LSE is competitive. Your application won’t be considered until they have gotten all your supporting documents. All required documents can be submitted to the online portal.
- The applicants must create their accounts at the online application system using the email address, which can also be used for application inquiries.
- The application form must be completed with the personal information of the applicants.
As part of the application process, the candidates must submit the following requirements, keep in mind that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Proof of citizenships
- Passport Copy
- Recent Photo
- Letter of References
- Statement of purpose
- Transcript of records
While finishing the application online, the applicants might choose up to two programs. If you are applying for two programs, please submit a separate statement of academic purpose for each program.
The successful students will be awarded a full cost of tuition fees intended only for the list of eligible programs for the scholarship program and a stipend amount of £21,000 for living allowance.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until April 27, 2023.