The Embassy of France together with the Department of Higher Education and Training DHET encourages all the students in South Africa, Malawi, and Basotho/Lesotho to apply for the South Africa Scholarship in France for the academic year of 2022-2023.
Educational Opportunities for the South African students with International scholarships to further their higher education abroad in Master’s degree and Ph.D. levels open up more possible ways to achieve with the help of ta fully-funded scholarships. Studying abroad is a great way to broaden your horizons, experience and discover new things, meet people abroad and achieve an international education. Studying abroad is a great way to broaden your horizons, experience and discover new things, meet people abroad and achieve an international education. The new skills that the students can acquire both in and out of the campus can increase their potential contribution to society and even to potential employers.
South Africa Scholarship
Due to the differences between the hemisphere academic calendars of the Southern and Northern, the scholarship awardees will embark on the route to South Africa from February 2023 to July 2023. The track will include an online French course hosted by the Alliances Francaises network. Depending on the skills and profile of each grantee, this could also include an internship at a French company based in South Africa.
The French South African Scholarship Program is designed for South African students who wish to pursue a Master’s or Ph.D. degree at a university or college in France. The scholarship is also open to students who are citizens of Malawi and Lesotho.
This call is for students who intend to start their studies in France in September 2023. If necessary, The department of Higher Education and Training will contact applicants individually. The award winners list and a waiting list will be announced in due course. Questions and application follow-ups from applicants will not be replied to.
The interested applicants will also be provided a weekly webinar regarding the necessary information about the scholarship program and to connect with the students in the higher education universities and institutions in France.
Scholarship Provider: Embassy of France and Department of Higher Education and Training
About the Provider
There are currently a number of scholarship opportunities intended for South African students to pursue a university education and for the development of their skills abroad. The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) is involved in several international scholarship partnerships that offer South Africans the opportunity to study at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in other countries. There are also several opportunities that have been managed by the international agencies ad/or governments.
The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) also works with governments and other agencies to promote and support the provision and use of international scholarships. Currently, the department does not fully fund international study scholarships, and the department’s role varies from the program to the various opportunities advertised on its website.
The undergraduate degree has a limited opportunity available on the DHET website, however, the DHET works hard to give more opportunities to deserving students to fulfill their education and career goals. The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) is responsible for selecting or nominating students for scholarships, it does so through a rigorous, transparent process focused on selecting the best students with the highest potential and longing for success. Good academic achievement is important, but so is a clear motivation for student’s application, articulating goals for a future career, and the commitment to social developments and the economy in South Africa.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: South Africa, Lesotho, and Malawi
- Degree Level: Master and PhD
- Field: Science, Engineering, Technology fields
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Country: France
- Renewable: Yes
- Annually Offered: Yes
Before proceeding with the application students must check their eligibility for the scholarship program.
- Must be a resident of South Africa, Lesotho, and Malawi.
- Must be born on or after January 1, 1992
- Must be eligible to be admitted to their chosen Masters and Ph.D. degree programs.
- Must be enrolled in French Higher Institution in Master or Ph.D. degree
- Must check the list of the institutions in France covered by the scholarship program.
The application for the scholarship can be don’t through an online portal provided by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). Students are also advised to check the admission process f the chosen institution in France. In addition to the application process, students are also required to submit documents to support their application.
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered and will be automatically rejected. Interested applicants must read the application process thoroughly.
- Completed application forms
- Passport copy
- An updated resume that also states the academic records of the applicants
- Cover letter outlining the motivations and interest in the chosen field of study and its projects.
- Academic certificates
- Official transcript of records
- Applicants must also present their bachelor’s degree certificate for the admission process.
The students must have good communication skills in oral and written English. Applicants can prove TOEFL or IELTS at their chosen university as required.
The selected students will be receiving the following benefits of the scholarship
- Masters degree students will be granted a duration of 10-22 months
- Ph.D. degree students will be granted for a maximum duration of 3 years.
- The scholarship can only be taken in France
- Social Security
- Student’s accommodation or housing
- Visa Fee assisted bu France
- Covering the awardee’s tuition fees
- Round trip airfare tickets
- Monthly allowance to be used for their living expenses amounting to 700 euros for the master’s degree students and 1,400 euros for the Ph.D. Degree students
- Accommodation aid amounting to 150 euros from the French Government
- Opportunities to strengthen their goals and the collaboration of the South African institution and France institutions between the private and public sectors.
The deadline to submit the application process is until October 16, 2022. Late and incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
The awardee’s departure to France will be September 2023.