The scientific climate on the border of Paris-Saclay is rich and esteemed: the University of Paris-Saclay from one perspective and the Institut Polytechnique de Paris offer preparation and oversight prospects covering the whole range of mathematics and their applications.
The Jacques Hadamard Mathematical Foundation (FMJH) offers scholarships to French or international students for one to two years. The part foundations of the FMJH support the Expert’s “Mathematics and Applications”. The Sophie Germain Scholarship is expected for students who wish to sign up for one of the Master’s programs in the first or second year (barring the “Preparing in Advanced Education in Mathematics” course).
A jury chooses the successful students by applying the rules characterized by the Scientific Council of the FMJH, in the very front of which is greatness. As the point of this program is to urge the ability of the young generation to seek research in mathematics, up-and-comers are welcome to take specific consideration recorded as a hard copy of their study project included on their document.
The Sophie Germain Scholarships are focused on students who wish to sign up for one of the projects (outside the degree program “Advanced education in Mathematics”) of this Graduate degree program.
Scholarship Provider: The Jacques Hadamard Mathematical Foundation
About the Provider
The Jacques Hadamard Mathematical Foundation (FMJH) was made in 2010 by the declaration of the State head with assets from an underlying state award of non-superfluous capital of 40 million euros as a feature of the Grounds activity. Its goal is to direct an undertaking of scientific greatness in mathematics and their collaborations. It consequently adds to the turn of events and organizing of the scientific approaches of its individuals for all matters connecting with mathematics.
The foundation’s mission is to develop organizing activities on the Paris-Saclay grounds, especially concerning graduate, doctoral and postdoctoral preparation, speed up the advancement of communications with the business world and other scientific disciplines, while advancing the improvement of arising multidisciplinary subjects, fortify and organize international coordinated effort programs and to add to the water system of the public mathematical texture.
Annually, the foundation offers a number of scholarships to deserving local and international students who wish to pursue their higher education in France and have the chance to develop, explore and advance their knowledge to be more prepared for their career and professional goals. The foundation aims to build more leaders who can contribute to the community and their home country.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Local and International Students
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Field: Mathematics
- Scholarship Award: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Two
- Duration: One to Two years for the Master’s students and four years for the Ph.D. degree students
- Scholarship Country; France
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the following eligibility:
- Any students wishing to enlist for the Graduate degree in “Mathematics and applications” (M1 or M2) at the University of Paris-Saclay or the Institut Polytechnique de Paris are qualified (barring the “Preparing in Advanced Education in Mathematics” course). . All documents are audited.
- Applicants outside the Paris-Saclay border should apply for the main call for applications, specifically international students (outside Europe) to work with the handling of their visas. Likewise, they should contact their government office or department to get a Grounds France record number. This regulatory custom is an obligatory essential to be approved to apply for a student visa in France.
- Applicants are chosen based on academic criteria verified by records and recommendation letters. The recommendation letters are naturally mentioned by the arbitrators and shown by the referee when their application is approved.
- Concerning the custom of enrolling students in their preferred Master’s degree course or way, it is essential that all scholarship applicants continue lined up with their web-based enlistment through the site of the University of Paris-Saclay or that from the Polytechnic Institute of Paris.
Selection of the Students
The selection is done by a jury delegated by the controlling board of trustees of the FMJH and in concurrence with the directors of the Expert’s courses and pathways concerned.
Results are messaged to victors around 5 weeks after applications close.
Interested and eligible students must complete their application in an online portal provided by the foundation.
As part of the application process, the students must complete and submit the following:
- Personal Information
- Complete Address of the applicant
- Master’s degree course wording in which the students are applying
- Official transcript of records on the previous institution attended by the students
- Referee’s contact details
- Study Projects, the documents must outline yourself and what are your expectations of higher education, your interest in the course, and details about your career goals.
Note: The possibility for the primary call for applications for the Sophie Germain Master’s scholarships can at the same time apply for the Ph.D. track scholarship, just by demonstrating this in the application structure for a Master’s scholarship in M2.
The term of this support is 4 years and separates as follows:
- €11,000 for the expert’s year (M2), an allowance of roughly €500 covering university enrollment charges and for international students a singular amount stipend of a most extreme measure of €2,000 each year (determined on a scale laid out as per their nation of origin to take care of movement costs for a return trip during the year and visa costs)
- Accommodation for international students will also be awarded.
Keep in mind that the successful students must meet the academic criteria of the scholarship for enlistment and foster a postulation project during their extended time of M2 with a manager from the EDMH. When the graduate degree has been approved, the EDMH council should approve the proposed proposition subject with the goal that the students can profit from extra subsidizing for their doctorate program.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until May 15, 2023.