There comes a time in your life when you realize that growing up poor can prevent you from achieving your dreams. Until you look around your community, country, and state and you realize that there are people and organizations who will care about you and your future. Shawn Carter Foundation is one of the organizations that can help you and the community achieve your dreams and future.
For the academic year of 2022-2023, Shawn Carter Foundation offers scholarships for undergraduate degree level students who are currently in the USA and can demonstrate their academic excellence. The scholarship will be providing the student’s tuition fee expenses, laboratory fees, travel costs, books, and other related fees and living expenses.
About the Scholarship
Shawn Carter was is based on the belief that everyone who needs motivation should have the opportunity to further their education. By taking off some of the financial barriers associated with attending, surviving, and graduating from higher education, SCSF plays a critical role in increasing college access and success for every student motivated but underserved every deserving student.
SCSF awards individual scholarships, that will be paid directly to the university or to any college or institution, to each eligible student and re-enrolls annually, from admission to graduation. Scholarships can be used to cover tuition and related additional educational costs such as books, laboratory fees, travel, and certain living expenses. All Sean Carter Fellows must give back by doing community service and mentoring the younger and more ambitious Sean Carter Fellows.
Scholarship Provider: Shawn Carter Foundation
About the Provider
The foundation is intended to help every individual to face socio-economic challenges and pursue their education in an undergraduate degree. In 2003 the foundation was founded by Gloria Carter and her son Shawn, over million dollars have been received to support the mission of the foundation to empower every youth and the community that is in need of most of the support.
The foundation aims to invest and encourage outstanding students to have the opportunity to pursue their higher education and create more leaders that can contribute not only to the global markets but also to the communities.
Earning a higher education is an opportunity and a privilege. The foundation ensures to do its best to help and support students. The foundation wants to attract students from any background, students who have the desire to further their education inspire by every setback especially poverty, out of the school youth, and homelessness.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Any eligible courses offered by an eligible university or institution
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Nationality: US and Permanent Residents
To be qualified for the scholarship foundation, interested students must be able to meet the following criteria:
- Good communication skills, oral and written English.
- Students who have a permanent visa in the USA or a US citizens.
- Must be in a younger age 25 years old below.
- High school seniors who will be commencing their undergraduate degree for the academic year of 2022-2023.
- Undergraduate degree who are in their 2nd or 4th year of study.
- Meet the required GPA of at least 2.0
- Students who are currently enrolled in a trade or vocational program.
- Family income must not exceed $75,000.
- Students don’t need to attend any vocational program to be eligible for the application.
The foundation does not require that the students must be enrolled upon application. Interested students can only show any evidence that they will be commencing their undergraduate degree for this academic year.
If in case the past university doesn’t use grade scale and uses numbers, the foundation portal can provide a conversion table.
If in case, that the students cant meet the required eligibility for the GPA grading system, the scholarship foundation will be considering the student’s community services, leadership skills, and other socio-economic factors, essays that can demonstrate your abilities.
On a scale of 2.0 at least to 3.0 GPA, the foundation encourages every student to apply
The application process must be followed to be considered for the scholarship.
- The application process will be opened by April 1st, interested students can check the application portal when the application begins.
- It is important that when the application begins, students must start their application early and thoroughly completed the forms provided on the application portal. Starting the application early can help the students be more prepared when in case you need to ask or enquire about important details on the scholarship.
- Upon sharing your community activities or any extracurricular activities, students must manage to tell every detail that will support your applications. Specific details to provide in an essay will help the foundation committee to review your applications and be considered.
- Before submitting the application and necessary essay, review every detail to not be disqualified. Ensure that all necessary documents are completed and grammatically correct.
- Submitting a photo will be optional.
The Shawn Carter Undergraduate Scholarship will be providing the beneficiary with the following:
- Covering the tuition fee
- Supplemental expenses related to their education such as transportation expenses, living stipend, lab fees.
- Other related fees
The scholarship will be amounting to up to $2,500.
Scholarship Application Dates
The scholarship wil be open by April 1, 2022. As the scholarship is open, interested students must make sure to open the application portal for early application submission.
The application will be closed on April 30, 2022. All incomplete applications and supporting documents will not be considered for the scholarship.
The scholarship committee will be reviewing all applications and notifications on decisions will be sent via applicants’ email. The scholarship will be offered annually by the Shawn Carter Foundation.
In the meantime, the foundation doesn’t offer any funding for the graduate students until the upcoming falls.