Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship is now open for application, international students who can demonstrate their academic achievements can now start their application for the academic year of 2023-2024.
About the Scholarship
The Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship founded in 2006 aims to advance the development of international student education in Shanghai and empower an ever-increasing number of extraordinary international students and researchers to East China Normal University. In partnership with the East China Normal University, international outstanding students can now fulfill their higher education with the help of a fully-funded or partially-funded award to help them lessen their financial difficulties to achieve their academic and professional goals.
The scholarship is intended for high-achiever international students who will apply for the undergraduate, graduate, or Ph.D. program at East China Normal University for the academic year 2023-2024. The applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for each higher degree level to compete in their college program.
Scholarship Provider: East China Normal University
About the Provider
East China Normal University (ECNU) is an esteemed research university situated in Shanghai, China. It was established in 1951 and is known for areas of strength for its degree program and research accomplishments in education, humanities, sociologies, and sciences. The university has delightful and present-day grounds with phenomenal offices, including best-in-class research focuses, libraries, sports offices, and student accommodation facilities.
Since China opened up to the rest of the world in 1978, ECNU has formed quickly into an extensive research university. As of now, the University has 4 resources, 30 full-time schools, 4 schools, 8 high-level research establishments, one school of additional education, and one public instructional hub for optional chiefs. Its 58 divisions offer a sum of 84 undergrad programs in humanities, education, science, designing, financial matters, executives, reasoning, research, regulation, arts, and history. Moreover, the University likewise offers 30 doctoral degree programs, 36 master’s degree programs, one professional doctoral program, 21 professional master’s degree, and 26 post-doctoral research stations.
As an international student, learning at ECNU can be a novel and invigorating experience. Shanghai is a lively and cosmopolitan city, known for its rich culture, history, and dynamic business climate. As a significant monetary and social center in China, Shanghai offers an abundance of opportunities for students to investigate and draw in with the neighborhood local area. Learning at ECNU can give international students significant social trade insight, permitting them to acquire a more profound comprehension of the Chinese language, society, and culture.
ECNU has a different student populace, with students from north of 100 nations learning at the university. The university offers a scope of programs in English, settling on it a famous decision for international students who need to study in China. Also, the university offers help administrations for international students, for example, language classes, social exercises, and accommodations, to assist them with adjusting to life in Shanghai.
ECNU connects incredible significance to internationalization. The university has laid out exchange and helpful associations with in excess of 200 internationally famous colleges and academic foundations. As one of the main Chinese colleges to complete international Chinese education, it partakes in a main position in the field.
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, master’s, or PhD
- Field: Any eligible fields offer by the ECNU
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Scholarship Country: China
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the following criteria:
- The applicants are required to meet the qualification requirements of the university to be able to be considered for the scholarship awards.
- The applicants must be a citizen in any part of the world and must be in a good health.
- Candidates for the pre-college program should have a secondary school certificate and be under the age of 23 at the time of the application.
- Candidates for a four-year certification program should have secondary school confirmation and be under the age of 25 at the time of the application.
- Candidates for a Master’s Degree program must be holding a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35 at the time of the application.
- Candidates for a Ph.D. degree must be holding a Master’s degree and be under the age of 40 at the time of the application.
- Applicants who have received an award for a Chinese Government Scholarship or any other scholarship offered by Chinese organizations are not eligible to apply for the program.
- Eligible applicants may access the application in an online portal provided by the university.
- The applicants must register to the online portal and proceed with their application.
- Keep in mind that all applications submitted via email or fax will not be accepted.
- Applications with missing required materials or documents will not be accepted.
- The applicants are not required to submit a hard copy of the required materials for the application.
- To track the application status, the candidates must check their email or the application portal. Keep in mind that it is important to check the registered email before submitting all applications, as the email will be used to receive important information regarding the scholarship application.
Final Application Result
The outcome of your application will be reported both in your application account and on the noticeboard of the Global Education Community site.
The successful students will be awarded the following scholarship benefits:
- Tuition fee
- Medical Insurance
- Monthly Living Stipend
All successful students must read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship. It is important to meet the academic requirements to be able to maintain the scholarship awards.
Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until May 10, 2023.