Seeking a scholarship to help you study in Cyprus, Cyprus West University is happy to announce the opening of their fully funded scholarship, the Tomorrows Leaders Scholarship, targeted at foreign students of all nationalities seeking to earn their next degree from a Cyprus-based university.
This student grant is particularly open to students who have been offered a conditional acceptance letter to study an eligible program commencing in February 2022. This is a competitive scholarship, and hence will be awarded to applicants who closely meet or surpass the criteria for the Tomorrows Leaders Scholarship.
Scholarship decisions will be taken by a scholarship committee set up by the school, and all decisions of this committee are final. This student grant is aimed at reducing the tuition fee of students. If one is awarded a scholarship, their fee will be adjusted accordingly before they enroll.
About the Country
Have you ever heard of Cyprus? Cyprus is an island country located in the eastern Mediterranean Sea. The island is located in the south of Turkey and is a small country with only 9,251 km² (10 times smaller than Portugal).
The nation has been part of the European Union since 2004, has just over 1 million inhabitants, and has had the euro as its currency since 2008.
The country’s capital is the city of Nicosia and the official language is Greek. Cyprus has a presidential regime and is the third-largest and most populous island in the Mediterranean.
Nicosia is the largest city in Cyprus and is the seat of government and also the main business center of the European country. The city is the only capital in Europe divided into two parts: the northern part ruled by the Turkish part and the southern part ruled by the Greek part.
- The Application Deadline for Tomorrows Leaders Scholarship is February 20, 2022
- This grant is open to students seeking to pursue a course Level of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs
- This scholarship is a fully-funded and offers free accommodation to scholars.
- The west Cyprus university offers up to 10 scholarships.
- All foreign students who meet the admission requirements are eligible for this scholarship offer.
To be eligible for consideration for an international scholarship, applicants must:
- have a Conditional Acceptance Letter
- fill the scholarship form
- be categorized as a foreign student for tuition fee purposes.
- Apply for admission into West Cyprus University and get your conditional letter
- Fill out the Scholarship Form
- Prepare needed documents – make sure you complete all necessary documents.
You will be considered for all scholarships you are eligible for.
The school will contact you about the decision within two weeks of the deadline.
How to Apply Link: https://cwu.edu.tr/apply-to-cwu
How to Apply Video: https://youtu.be/Nh6dhYCmMzI
Each undergraduate and Postgraduate program will grant 100% tuition fee scholarship & Accommodation to new international students that cover 4 years in the department and 1 year for English school and their accommodation.
Terms and Conditions
- To be eligible for consideration for an international scholarship, applicants must: (a) have a Conditional Acceptance Letter, and (b) be classed as an overseas student for tuition fee purposes.
- Applicants are only eligible to apply for a scholarship if they are planning to enroll in the first year of their program in February 2022. Students due to enroll in the second, third, or fourth year of their course in February 2022 or students repeating their first year of study are not eligible to apply
- Students who are sponsored (i.e., fees are being paid) by their employers, government, or a funding body (full/part) are not eligible to apply for these scholarship awards.
- The scholarships will be a tuition fee exemption. If you are awarded a scholarship, your fee will be adjusted before you enroll.
- If you are granted any other scholarship, bursary, and/or fee reduction from the University the maximum amount granted will not exceed 60% of the tuition fee, except for candidates who are awarded a fully funded Scholarship.
- Applicants must be a new international student starting a new program. We cannot consider applications from students who are currently studying at CWU unless progressing onto a new program.
- The scholarship is not transferable and will not be awarded if you choose to postpone your enrollment to a different start date, or if you choose to transfer to a different program at the University.
- The scholarship will be granted when an applicant accepts their scholarship offer, accepts, and meets the conditions of their course offer, and are eligible to enroll on the course.
- Scholarships are competitive and selection is based on the information provided on the scholarship application form. It is, therefore, of great importance that you give your scholarship statement careful thought and preparation, and that you refer to the criteria provided.
- Applicants will be informed whether they have (or have not) been awarded a scholarship (and of the value of the scholarship award if they have been awarded) within four weeks of the application deadline dates.
- The University’s decision in all matters relating to the scholarship is final.
- If a student fails to complete an eligible course that has received the scholarship and chooses to retake the course or undertake another eligible course, then the scholarship will not be applied again.
- If a student fails to complete a course and the scholarship was not applied (i.e., the student did not pay the tuition fees, or the tuition fees were reimbursed) then subject to the eligibility criteria, the scholarship may be available should the student choose to retake the course or undertake another eligible course. Students must re-apply for the scholarship.
- If your scholarship application is successful, we may ask you to become a student ambassador or to appear in online and/or printed marketing materials for the University. For example, providing a student profile and a photograph which may be used to promote the University and the University’s scholarship schemes and courses. Your name and program will be printed in the Scholarships Awards Celebration Program.