International Students can now start their scholarship application for the academic year of 2022-2023, the SBW Berlin Scholarship will offer the opportunity for outstanding international students who want to further their education without financial barriers. The scholarship opportunity will be a fully-funded award that focuses on the students who needed the scholarship the most.
Scholarship Provider: SBW Berlin
About the Provider
SBW Berlin is a private sponsor that dedicates itself to contributing support and educational projects in all countries. The organization wants to deliver an advanced opportunity that will create future leaders to contribute to their country and into the community.
The provider wanted an advancement in terms of international aspects and dissemination of skills, knowledge, and education. Aims to support students from all around the world that needs financial assistance and can use their skills to acquire their education in Germany boosting long-term non-profit projects that can be utilized in their home countries.
SBW Berline believes that to improve the living conditions of every country especially the developing countries, education is the most important and will be the key to improvements. Annually, the organization awards international students to further their education in Germany.
About the Scholarship
SBW Berlin Scholarship supports talented and outstanding students all around the globe that are engaged in volunteer works in their home country.
Scholarship holders from SBW Berlin initiate, develop, and implement their own non-profit social projects from the very beginning of their studies. Ideally, these projects are closely linked to the work of other non-profit organizations in the recipient’s home country to improve the living conditions of their community and people. Upon successful completion of the student’s studies, scholarship holders are expected to be able to return to their home countries to continue working on their projects and apply the knowledge and skills acquired during their educational stay in Berlin. SBW Berlin is available for advice and support.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and Master
- Field: Any courses depending on the degree level
- Duration: Maximum year depending on the degree level
- Country of Scholarship: Germany
- Scholarship Award: Fully-funded
- Must be an international student.
- Can show proof that the students need the scholarship.
- Age must be 18 years old to 30 years old.
- Must have volunteer experience in non-profit organizations, professions must be related to the field area of study.
- Must be willing to return to their home country after the study completion in Germany.
- No other family or relatives in Germany.
- Prior to the application submission, the student doesn’t stay in Germany for more than eighteen months.
- GPA at least 2.0 converted to German grade of 80%.
- Application before starting university studies or full enrollment in the first semester or at most the third at a state-recognized university (in Germany or abroad) or application for a master’s degree shortly before or after obtaining a bachelor’s degree.
Application Information for International Students
The international students who are interested to apply for the scholarship must be able to check the eligibility criteria before starting their applications. The application is required to enclosed proof of certificates and documents that can support their application. Supporting documents can be translated to English or German language.
The following documents must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed application form
- One to two pages of letter of motivation
- CV, the current curriculum vitae are already included in the application form and don’t need to be submitted separately.
- University or School certificates that will prove the student’s GPA or grade overview.
- Financial statements
In case the following documents are available, this can be included in the application:
- University entrance qualifications
- Any admission to the university in Berlin, or where in the university in Berlin you want to be admitted.
- Language Certificates
All incomplete applications will not be considered for review.
Selection Criteria of the Scholarship
The selection criteria wil depend on the students:
- Financial assistance needs
- Ideas on any social projects
- Volunteer works or contribution to the community
- Intellectual endowment
Other Documents for Verifications
- Proof of income
- Certified documents
- Passport copy including the photo
- Admission offer
International students are not required to speak in German. However, the students must have good communication skills in oral and written English. Some universities or institutions in Berlin or Potsdam will be requiring a language certificate depending on the degree level of the students.
The international students who are interested to apply but don’t have the necessary volunteer experience to provide can still apply for the scholarship but the criteria will be depending on the academic excellence of the students. The applicants can include a project proposal upon applications.
Application Review Process
After applications have been submitted, all completed applications wil be reviewed thoroughly by the SBW Scholarship Committee. The 1st phase of the selection process will depend on the documents that have been submitted by the applicants.
The 2nd phase will include an interview/video conference with the candidates. The scholarship committee will only be conducting an interview with those who wil be selected and notification about the application can only be given to the successful applicants, it is because of the high volume of applicants.
The SBW Scholarship in Berlin will be offered annually, in case the selection committee has not contacted the applicants, interested students can still apply for the next scholarship application opening year.
The scholarship will be a fully-funded offer consisting of the following benefits:
- Tuition fee
- Travel allowance before the start of the student’s education in Berlin and another travel allowance upon completion of studies in Berlin.
- Living stipend amounting to up to €550 depending on the ratings of the students.
Keep in mind that after the completion of studies in Berlin, the awardees must be able to return to their home country and contribute to their communities. Recipients of the awards must be able to attend weekly meetings and must be able to prove their progress towards the projects and excellent academic progress.
The application will be open from May 15- June 30 and another cycle of application will be open from November 15- December 31.