The University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom aims to support the academics of international students who have been affected by the conflict or displaced or have been persecuted in their home country. The Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme for International Ph.D. students will be offered for the academic year of 2023-2024 to help them further their research in one of the outstanding universities in the United Kingdom.
The University understands the situation of every student who aims to further their education with a tight budget to finance their education and mostly research. With the support scheme, the students may be able to receive a fund to sustain their academic research in 12 months.
Scholarship Provider: University of Sheffield
About the Provider
The University of Sheffield offers a scope of top-notch courses, from undergraduate and postgraduate courses to research and grown-up schooling classes. Concentrate on choices that incorporate full-time, part-time, on the web, and distance learning.
Sheffield is a world top-100 university famous for its research-driven learning and teaching greatness, effect, and peculiarity. As a feature of a really worldwide local area, international free evaluations reliably affirm its exceptional presentation for fantastic teaching and research. The latest Research Structure results in 2021 exhibit their research and effect greatness across a wide scope of disciplines and affirms that their research is decidedly affecting lives across the globe.
The university will convey life-upgrading research, development, and training that changes the existences of their alumni, however, shapes the world we live in. They assume the most ideal way to accomplish this is by cultivating an aggressive, comprehensive, cooperative local area. The university is proud of the differences they made and continues to make, it will not stop exploring new possible ways of learning to develop more skills and knowledge to the students are more prepared for their professional and personal goals, a good employability rate will always be on top of the priority.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Field/Research: Any eligible courses offered by the University of Sheffield
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: 12 months
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Award: Travel Allowance, expenses on arrival, additional payment, subsistence allowance, accommodation, and project-related costs.
Before proceeding with the application, the students need to meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship.
- You should be an academic who has been dislodged or impacted by struggle or mistreatment in your nation of origin.
- You should have the option to get a UK visa under the Ukrainian visa plans or one more kind of UK visa, if material, on account of different ethnicities.
- Your proposed area of research ought to line up with areas of research at the University of Sheffield. Here is a rundown of our academic divisions.
- Candidates are supposed to stay employed by their home foundation and return to their nation of origin to continue their research when it is protected and safe to do so.
- International students are required to have good communication skills in oral and written English, and the level of English skills must meet in order to receive the award.
- Applicants are required to familiarize the academic department with research that will enable the students to identify the areas of research provided in every department.
The students must refer to the academic department of the University of Sheffield to check the required area of research.
Interested applicants must complete the application form provided in an online portal by the University of Sheffield. After downloading and completing the application form and CV all documents must be emailed to [email protected]
Following the end date, every application will be surveyed. The appraisal will be founded on the qualification prerequisites and the arrangement between the proposed area of research and the academic areas of research inside the host division.
Kindly have confidence that the scholarship committee comprehends that candidates will fill in these structures under extremely challenging conditions, might not have all the important data or archives to hand, and may have restricted opportunities to finish the application form.
As part of the application process, the students are required to submit the following to support their application for the scholarship scheme.
- Research Proposal
- Degree Certificates
- Academic references
- Supporting statements relevant to the research and sample of project works.
- The successful students will be allocated an academic mentor.
- The visiting research status will be based on the host department at the university.
- The successful students will be allocated to support key contact in regard to the practical aspects of the visit.
- The scholars will also have access to e-resources, libraries, and other related services.
- The scholars will also have access to counseling, English teaching centers, and access to computing accounts.
Keep in mind that the academic mentor will be provided by the University of Sheffield.
Provided Financial Support
- £17,350 for subsistence allowance per annum.
- £5,000 additional payment per annum per student dependent for a maximum of three dependents.
- £2,500 expenses upon arrival which also includes the travel expenses.
- Accommodation will be provided for up to six months and depending on the university’s terms and conditions.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until November 13, 2022. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered and will be automatically rejected for evaluation.
The assessment will be done after the closing date of the application, all successful students will be notified through their registered email and will be proceeding to the interview for the evaluation.
Successful applicants must read and agreed to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.