Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) applications are now open for the 2022/2023 intake, providing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pursue a two-year Master’s degree in a Commonwealth low- or middle-income country. The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022/2023 are an excellent possibility for you if you want to pursue a master’s degree fully supported.
The scholarships, which are aimed at students who are committed to making a positive impact in their communities, are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go to a new nation and culture, widen one’s perspectives, and form a worldwide network that will last a lifetime.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars seek to bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared difficulties we confront, both in their home countries and in those that host them, through cultural interaction and scholarly collaboration. Scholars will help define the Commonwealth’s future as active members of the network.
About the provider:
The Queen has ruled for longer than any other monarch in British history, and she has earned worldwide adoration and respect. Her exceptional reign has seen her travel the world more than any other monarch, making numerous momentous foreign visits. She has been a major figurehead for the UK and the Commonwealth during times of enormous social change, known for her sense of duty and devotion to a life of service.
Her Majesty continues to engage in a busy schedule of engagements, including visits to charities and schools, entertaining foreign heads of state, and leading the nation in Remembrance and joyous events, all of which are supported by other members of the Royal Family.
One of the most significant aspects of the Queen’s work is public and voluntary service. The Queen has ties to approximately 600 charities, military groups, professional bodies, and public service organizations as a Royal Patron or President. These range from well-known international charities to tiny organizations focused on a specific issue or operating solely on a local level.
Scholarship Sponsor(s):The Association of Commonwealth Universities
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Partner Universities (see below)
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: Students of Commonwealth Countries
Recipients of the award will receive:
- Tuition fees that are fully covered
- Stipend for living expenses throughout the period of the award
- Return to their host country on an economy flight.
- A stipend upon arrival
- Research support grant (on request only; permission required)
Eligibility for Scholarship
Students from Commonwealth countries with low or moderate incomes are eligible for the award. The following sections make up the application form:
- Personal information
- Academic and Work Experience
- Information about the course at the host university
- Include any supporting documentation.
The statement component of the application consists of three key statements that candidates must supply.
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022/2023 will be available for masters degree courses at the following partner universities that are available and eligible (please see the official website for course details link given below)
University of Dhaka (Bangladesh)
- Courses: All Masters that are a maximum of two years. For further information visit www.du.ac.bd
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Eswatini (Eswatini)
- Courses: MA History,Master of Nursing Science in Family Nurse Practice, MBA – Master of Business Administration, MEd Adult Education, MEd Curriculum & Teaching, MEd Educational Foundations & Management, MEd Primary, MSc Agricultural and Applied Economics, MSc Agricultural Education, MSc Agricultural Extension, MSc Animal Science, MSc Chemistry, MSc Computational Physics, MSc Conservation Ecology, MSc Consumer Science Education, MSc Crop Protection, MSc Crop Science, MSc Environmental Resources Management, MSc Food Science and Technology, MSc Horticulture, MSc Mathematics,MSc Midwifery, MSc Textiles.
- Entry requirements: Candidates should have an undergraduate degree in a subject area that is relevant to the master’s degree they apply for.
- Contact: email@example.com
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) (Ghana)
- Courses: MSc, MEd, MFA, MA, MCOMM, MBA, MPA, MPH, LLM and MPHIL courses.
- Entry requirements: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised institution in the relevant field of study. See courses specific requirements KNUST’s website.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of West Indies
- Courses available at Cave Hill Campus, Barbados: MA Creative Arts, MA History, MA Heritage Studies, MA Linguistics, MEd Education, MSc Accounting and Finance (ACCA Embedded), Master Business Analytics, MSc Marketing, MSc Finance, MSc Finance and Investments, MSc International Business, MSc International Business and Finance, MSc International Business and Trade, MSc Management Information Systems, MSc Project Management, MSc Sport Sciences, MSc Tourism with Project Management, MPH Master Public Health, MSc Gender and Development Studies, MSc Natural Resource Management
- Courses available at Mona Campus, Jamaica: MA Communication for Social and Behaviour Change, MA Heritage Studies, MA History, MSc Clinical Medical Physics, MPH Master of Public Health, MSc Medical Physics, MSc Natural Resource Management – Disaster Risk Management, Master of Science Natural Resource Management – Integrated Urban and Rural Environmental Management, MSc Natural Resource Management – Marine and Terrestrial Ecosystem,MSc Occupational and Environmental Safety and Health, MSc Development Studies, MSc National Security and Strategic Studies, MSc Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Courses available at Augustine campus, Trinidad and Tobago: Master of Arts History, MSc Tropical Crop Protection, MSc Agricultural Economics, MSc Food Security, MSc Animal Science and Production, MSc Marketing and Agribusiness, MSc Value Addition for Food and Nutrition Security, MSc Computer Sciences, MSc Mathematics, MSc Occupational and Environmental Safety and Health, MSc Statistics, MSc Aviation Management, MSc Criminology and Criminal Justice, MSc Economics, MSc Management Studies, MSc Social Work,MSc Tourism Development and Management,Master of Applied Science Electrical and Computer Engineering, MSc Chemical and Process Engineering, MSc Chemical and Process Engineering with Management, MSc Chemical and Process Engineering with Environmental Engineering, MSc Civil Engineering, MSc Civil with Environmental Engineering, MSc Engineering Management, MSc Environmental Engineering,MSc Food Science and Technology, MSc Geoinformatics, MSc Manufacturing Engineering,MSc Reservoir Engineering, MSc Petroleum Engineering, MSc Production Management, MSc Production Engineering and Management, MSc Urban and Regional Planning, MSc Gender & Development Studies. Entry requirements can be found on the Mona, Cave Hill and Augustin campus websites.
- Contact: email@example.com
The Technical University of Kenya (Kenya)
- Courses: Master Of Applied Linguistics, MA Entrepreneurship, MBA Master of Business Administration, Master of Construction Project Management, Master of Musical Arts in Composition Or Performance, Master Of Music in Music Education Or African Music Studies, MPhil Applied Parasitology, MPH Master Of Public Health, MSc Electrical And Electronics Engineering, MSc Applied Parasitology, MSc Applied Statistics, MSc Community Nutrition, MSc Computational Chemistry, MSc Event Management, MSc Forensic Biochemistry, MSc Hospitality Management, MSc Information And Knowledge Management, MSc International Relations, MSc Mathematical Statistics, MSc Mathematics, MSc Medical Laboratory Sciences, MSc Medical Physics, MSc Physics, MSc Tourism Management, MSc Land Administration, MTech Applied Entomology, MTech Applied Parasitology, MTech Communication And Computer Networks, MTech Computer Technology, MTech Environmental Resource Management, MTech Petroleum Chemical Technology, MTech Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Nairobi (Kenya)
- Courses: MA Anthropology, MA Communication Studies, MA Diplomacy, MA Economic Policy Management, MA Economics, MA Gender And Development Studies, MA International Relations, MA International Studies, MA Medical Sociology, MA Monitoring And Evaluation, MA Political Science And Public Administration, MA Population, MA Sociology (Criminology And Social Order), MA Sociology (Disaster Management), MA Sociology (Rural Sociology And Community Development), MA Women, Leadership And Governance In Africa, Masters of Research And Public Policy, MPA Master of Public Administration, MSc Health Economics And Policy, MSc Population.
- Contact: email@example.com
University of Malaya (Malaysia)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Entry requirements: Applicants should hold one of the following
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant field with a minimum CGPA of 2.750
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a CGPA in the range of 2.500 to CGPA 2.749, and must have a minimum of three years of working experience in a relevant field or subject to a rigorous internal assessment by the faculty or institute
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with below CGPA of 2.500 and must have a minimum of five years of working experience in the relevant field.
An applicant who is in the final semester of their bachelor study may be considered for a provisional admission provided that their latest CGPA – or its equivalent – meets the postgraduate programme admission requirements.
International applicants are required to meet the UPM English requirement with a minimum score of 6.0 for IELTS or equivalent.
- Contact: email@example.com
University of Mauritius (Mauritius)
- Courses: Master of Public Health (MPH) – one year full-time programme
- Entry requirements:
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree with:
- At least a second class or 50%, whichever is applicable or;
- A GPA not less than 2.5 out of 4 or equivalent, from a recognised higher education institution or;
- Alternative qualifications acceptable to the University of Mauritius
For medically qualified applicants: MBBS, MBChB or equivalent.
For non-medically qualified applicants:
- An upper second-class degree or equivalent or a BDS degree and two years of experience in public health, health promotion, health administration, occupational and environmental health experience, clinical research or other health- related fields or;
- Alternative qualifications acceptable to the University of Mauritius
Suitable candidates should have a strong academic record with adequate quantitative skills and a background in medicine, health sciences, biological sciences or environmental sciences.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
COMSATS University Islamabad (Pakistan)
- Courses: MSc Computer Science, MSc Mathematics, MSc Meteorology, MSc Physics, MSc Bio sciences, MSc Bioinformatics, MSc Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, MSc Molecular Genetics, MSc Microbiology and Immunology, MSc Management Sciences, MSc Project Management, MSc Computer Engineering
- Contact: email@example.com
University of Rwanda (Rwanda)
- Courses: MA Development Studies, MA Genocide Studies And Prevention,MA Peace Studies And Conflict Transformation, MA Security Studies, MA Translation And Interpreting, Master In Field Epidemiology And Laboratory Management, Master Of Hospital And Healthcare Administration, Master Of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Quality Assurance And Quality Control, Master Of Social Sciences In Gender And Development, Master Of Social Sciences In Local Governance Studies, Masters In Business Law, Masters In International Climinal Justice And The Law Of Human Rights, MEd Biology Education, MEd Chemistry Education, MEd Curriculum and Instructions, MEd Educational Leadership and Management, MEd English Education, MEd French Education, MEd Kinyarwanda Education, MEd Kiswahili Education, MEd Mathematics Education, MEd Physics Education, MEd Special Needs Education, MPhil Public Health, MSc Accounting, MSc Agribusiness, MSc Agriculture Engineering With Specialisation In Soil And Water Engineering,MSc Agroforestry And Soil Management, MSc Animal Production, MSc Clinical Psychology And Therapeutics, MSc Crop Science, MSc Data Science In Actuarial Science, MSc Data Science In Biostatistics, MSc Data Science In Data Minings, MSc Data Science In Demography, MSc Data Science In Econometrics, MSc Economics, MSc Epidemiology, MSc Field Epidemilogy, MSc Health Informatics, MSc Health Supply Chain Management, MSc Nursing (8 Speciality Tracks: Critical Care And Trauma, Paediatric, Medical Surgical, Nephrology, MSc Psychiatry, MSc Public Health, MSc Regulatory Economics and Competition Policy.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The State University of Zanzibar (Tanzania)
- Courses: MSc Natural Resource management and climate change, MSc Chemistry, MA Youth and Gender Development
MA Youth and Gender Development: Preference will be given to students with a background in education, youth, and gender.
- Contact: email@example.com
Makerere University (Uganda)
- Courses: MA Economic Policy Management, MA Gender Studies, Master of Public Health (Full time), Master of Statistics, MSc Agribusiness Management, MSc Agricultural and Applied Economics, MSc Civil Engineering, MSc Crop Science, MSc Food Safety and Quality Management, MSc Geo-Information Science and Technology, MSc Immunology and Clinical Microbiology, MSc Plant Breeding and Seed Systems, MSc Population and reproductive health, MSc Renewable Energy.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can apply to study any of the above-listed master’s degree courses at their respective universities
- How to Apply: To apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022/2023, go to the official website and look up information on the universities and courses they offer before filling out an online application form.
- Before you begin your application, please review the Application Guidance for information on what is required (such as how to build your statement of purpose) and what should be included on the application form itself.
Admission deadline: The deadline for Fully Funded Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022/2023 is 10 January 2022 at 16:00 UTC