The University of Kent in the United Kingdom offers Ph.D. Studentship for up to 3 years in partnership with the European Research Council and Dr. Nikhil Sengupta of the Psychology and Public Policy research department for outstanding international students who can demonstrate their academic merits and be admitted to the Psychology and Public Policy course program at the University.
Choosing the right university and career for International Students is never been easy, but with the right information, research and guidelines, you can be one more step ahead.
Ph.D. International Studentship Research Project Details
For the academic year of 2022-2023, the studentship will be commencing in September 2022, as part of the ERC-funded Grant project called They Psychology of Public Policy”. The scholarship program project aims to examine how people’s political attitudes evolve and change over time and how it affects the social fabric.
It includes two main data collection initiatives – a four-wave longitudinal survey of 50,000 adults and an eight-wave longitudinal survey of 20,000 young people. Adult research also involves the use of a customized application that allows nested studies – especially experiments and research studies. The youth survey included complete network information for each participant, which allowed the use of network analysis. Each questionnaire is relatively comprehensive and allows you to include a wide range of terms relevant to the objectives of the project and the research interest of the students.
The “political characteristics” discussed in this project relate mainly to the field of inequality, immigration, and international relations. In this project, the successful candidate will focus on the topic of “inequality”, as indicated by the student’s degree. Applicants who are interested in any form of inequality or any other related to the topic are welcome to further their application.
Scholarship Provider: University of Kent
About the Provider
The University of Kent is a leading university with an inspiring faculty, excellent student satisfaction, and a world-class reputation for research. Kent has won gold, the highest rating within the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework, and a worldwide reputation for excellence. Kent students have access to all of the university’s resources with what the students need to further and focus on their studies and be more active in on-campus activities.
Kent offers more scholarships to local and international students who can demonstrate their academic excellence from an entry-level and beyond the undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. Aside from the academic requirements to apply for the scholarship, they also offer non-academic scholarships to students who excel in sports and have a passion for music.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: PhD
- Field: Psychology and Public Policy
- Duration: 3 years
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Awar: Tuition fee and stipend
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the scholarship application, it is important to read the eligibility and criteria below:
- The studentship is intended for the students who hold a Master’s degree or an equivalent to the distinction level in Psychology or a relevant area of study in June 2022.
- An international student paying fee status, however, the scholarship award will be covering the student’s tuition fee and a possibility of other financial support to international students in any circumstances.
- EU and international students are required to make up the proportion of fees.
- Good academic merits
- Good communication skills in oral and written English.
To apply for the scholarship, students must be able to complete the application form before the deadline via an online portal application provided by the University of Kent. The completed application must complete the following:
The application form for the Psychology place at the university of kent includes the following:
- Official transcript of records in an undergraduate and postgraduate degree.
- Certificates must be in pdf forms
- Two references must include the name and address, the reference letter must be received or submitted by April 10, 2022. You can leave a specific time for the reference to respond to the request which will be automatically sent upon submission.
- CV in pdf form must be updated.
- A cover letter must be 1-2 pages that explains why are you deserving to receive the scholarship award. The letter must also include your research interest and how you think the data being generated for the project is important.
The cover letter can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the application ID number. The application ID number can be found on the provided online application portal. Please note that the KentVision Ph.D. application form contains non-specific word fields and guidelines for considering this competition, so please make sure you follow the procedures above.
The successful candidate will use the essential data obtained in this project to promote the project’s objectives in relation to the “psychological causes and consequences of social inequality”. Due to the wide range of research issues mentioned above, a wide range of social, political, intellectual, and developmental psychology topics can be explored within the project’s goal. Dr. Nikhil Sengupta will work closely with the student to shape a specific doctoral program in order to achieve the goals of the projects and the research interests of the students.
Scholarships will include
- Supporting the project leader and postdoctoral research assistant in conducting the research
- By analyzing data using advanced methods
- Disseminating their results in research through publication and conference.
The Ph.D. studentship will be covering the successful student’s tuition fee and the home rate amounting to £4,500 per annum and a living stipend of £15,609 per annum.
The scholarship award will be leveled on the subject to the student’s performance, however, additional financial support will be available to the international students.
Application and supporting documents must be submitted before April 10, 2022, by 23:59 UK time. ALL late and incomplete applications will be rejected automatically. The scholarship committee will be reviewing all the submitted information of the applicants and all decisions will be final.
The successful applicants will be notified through their registered email upon application.