The Nanyang President’s Graduate PhD Scholarship for International Students in Singapore is funded by Nanyang Technological University.
The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a prestigious and competitive scholarship program meant to encourage excellent graduates or final-year students to pursue a doctoral degree at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), one of Asia’s top research universities. NPGS grantees will get funding for up to four years. Each Academic Year, up to 30 NPGS awards will be offered. Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholars will be the name given to the successful candidates.
About the Scholarship:
Nanyang Technological University, with its campus in Yunnan Garden, was founded in 1955. In 1980, it merged with the University of Singapore to establish the National University of Singapore. Three engineering colleges and the Department of Applied Sciences have been added to the Nanyang University campus by the Singapore University. The University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological University split up in 2004 to become two separate universities. Nanyang Technological University honors students and faculty members who have made significant contributions to the university. It also honors members who have worked for the university for more than ten years with Long-Service Awards. The institution, which is located in Singapore’s south-west region, has two campuses. The university’s main campus, located in Yunnan Garden, is clean and green. It has a total size of more than 200 hectares. The other site is in Novena, Singapore’s Medical District, where many researchers and laboratories are housed. The Chinese Heritage Centre, a national monument, is also housed inside the university. The institution has more than 25 halls on campus for undergraduate students to live in. It has around 15,000 students, both domestic and international. It has over 5,000 professors and research employees. Coursework and Research are the two types of programs provided by the university. Arts, Design and Media, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Electronic Engineering are among the courses provided by Coursework. Physical Science, Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, Biological Science, and Humanities are all included in the research area. Intan Azura Mokhtar (Assistant Professor at National Institute of Education), Lee Wung Yew (Gold Medalist in Shooting), and Dipna Lim are among the university’s famous alumni (National hurdler).
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is Singapore’s second-oldest public autonomous research university, with a 500-acre residential campus. Every year, about 33,000 students enroll in the university’s Engineering, Business, Science, and Humanities programs. It collaborated with Imperial College London to build the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Singapore’s third medical school, in 2013. NTU’s campus is known for its lush green environs, with 57 Green Mark-certified (similar to LEED-certified) construction projects totaling over 230 structures, 95 percent of which are Green Mark Platinum certified. In this digital age, the institution is also pioneering new pedagogies to help students learn more effectively. With its flipped classroom concept of learning, it has created a new educational strategy. The Hive, a reimagined traditional classroom known among students as the ‘dim sum basket building,’ is at the heart of this new strategy. Signature programs such as the Renaissance Engineering Program, the CN Yang Scholars Program, and the NTU-University Scholars Program are among the other educational efforts. NTU is a research-intensive university with two nationally recognized research centers: the Singapore Earth Observatory and the Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering. It got the lion’s share of SGD 6 billion in competitive research funding in 2018-2019, and over SGD 580 million in 2019-2020. It had about 1,500 full-time faculty and 109 visiting academics as of July 2020.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
Host Country(s): Singapore
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
The scholarship is renewable for the duration of the program as long as the scholarship recipient maintains a record of good academic performance and exemplary behavior.
- Full reimbursement for subsidized tuition prices (after the Tuition Grant)??
- The Scholarship comes with no bond, with the exception of the three-year bond required of all Singapore PRs and overseas students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- All nationalities are welcome.
- Recipients should enroll in a full-time undergraduate degree program. The scholarship will last for the duration of your studies at NTU.
- Have excellent Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level results, a diploma from a Singapore polytechnic, an NUS High School Diploma, an IB Diploma, or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- A strong track record in extracurricular activities.
- Possessing leadership qualities and the potential to do so.
Following the completion of your application form, applicants must provide the following:
- Include a recent passport-size photo in your application (digital image).
- Submit an online referee evaluation. The appraisal must be performed by a teacher who is not a member of your family or a related. You will be given a URL to forward to your school teacher after you have submitted your scholarship application. Please tell your instructor of your NTU application number and date of birth when passing the link to him/her, as he/she will require this information to submit the appraisal online. Within seven days of receiving your scholarship application, your school teacher must complete the online appraisal form and submit it.
If your teacher is unable to submit it online within seven days and requires further time, please let him or her know as soon as possible (preferably not more than 2 weeks from your date of scholarship application). Please keep in mind that you can only submit one appraisal online to support your application.
The NTU 2022 School Scholarship for Undergraduate Students is open to all international students
For admissions, the same application period applies.
Prior to completing a scholarship application, applicants must first submit an application for admission.
Applicants who meet the following criteria:
NUS High School Diploma
Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level
NUS High School Diploma IB Diploma Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level
- The scholarship application form can be located at the bottom of your online admissions application under the heading ‘Apply for Scholarship.’ You must use the application number issued to you to log in.
Please login here to access the scholarship application form if you have reserved an undergraduate degree program at NTU.
– A Personal Essay of no more than 300 words is required as part of the application process. The scholarship application form lists the three subjects on which you may write.
The application deadline for NTU 2022 School Scholarship for Undergraduate Students is May 19, 2022