The Mountaintop Fellowship is now accepting applicants for the fellowship program of 2024. All international students are encouraged to apply for a fully-funded award with leadership training aiming to empower all exceptional future leaders to contribute to catalytic change in lower-income communities all over the world. The Fellowship is designed to help the fellows develop the knowledge and skills they will need for effective leadership and launch them with a path to a lifelong career impact.
Mountaintop Foundation is searching for remarkable individuals who possess the leadership qualities needed to contribute to their home countries in the long term. Their mission is to nurture and uncover the potential that resides within exceptional individuals to empower them to drive a profound transformation. The foundation believes that leadership is not about guiding the community but inspiring them for change. By supporting and recognizing the students with leadership skills, they are creating a positive impact that will ultimately shape a brighter and more prosperous community.
Scholarship Provider: Mountaintop Foundation
About the Provider
Source: Mountaintop Fellows
Mountaintop is a nonprofit organization, The foundation is dedicated to envisioning a future where all community has the capacity to independently address their own challenges, compassionate in working towards the creation of and harmonious world for everyone. The foundation is inspired by the idea of Dr. Marthin Luther King, JR and his Mountaintop speech emphasizing the importance of locally driven movements to elevate worldwide awareness.
Mountaintop is Committed to nurturing a transformative leadership and fortify a community globally. In the pursuit of their vision. their program offers a fully-funded and year-long fellowship that helps emerging leaders develop more knowledge and skills to be able to contribute to their home country communities and systematic change in the economy. The initiative will connect all global leaders, and fellows with locally led NGOs, government bodies, and social enterprises and harness their potential through a fully-funded fellowship, mentorship, and lifelong networks of inspiring peers.
Mountaintop is a proud member of the People First Community, a community of exceptional and devoted change organizations that prioritizes leadership as a ladder for sustainable development. The foundation actively engages with a diverse array of voices, which includes faith leaders from various traditions, ethical leaders, and secular philosophers. The collaborative effort aims to build a statement that will recognize and respect the differences between cultures while advocating the advancement of values to confront moral dilemmas all over the world. Their statement will serve as a guiding beacon, refining and enhancing Mountaintop’s core values, Their commitment to the essential principles will foster more positive impacts and a more inclusive approach to addressing the ethical challenges all over the world.
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Any
- Number of Awards: 15-25 fellows
- Fields: NA
- Duration: Two weeks to a year
- Scholarship Awards: Fully funded
- Renewable: No
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Host Country: United States
It is important to check the criteria for eligibility for the fellowship awards.
- Interested applicants must be able to demonstrate their commitment to serving their home country or home community throughout their career.
- Willing to attend a full-time, in-person training event at Harvard Cambridge Campus beginning from July 13th to 26th of 2024.
- Dedicated to allocating 40 hours per week to their fellowship project without conflicting with other obligations like classes, parenting, or work.
- Keep in mind that there will be no predefined age or education degree needed for the fellowship awards, however, specific host-led fellowships will impose an additional eligibility criterion.
Leadership Transformative Potential
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their leadership skills, social entrepreneurship, and public service with a notable history of creating significant change.
- Must possess a quality such as a systematic-thinking approach, innovation, ambition, collaboration, and originality.
- At the initial stage of their professional journey, they must illustrate how the Mountaintop Fellowship will enhance their development as a transformational leaders.
- Must enable to return to their home country after the fellowship period.
- Demonstrate compassion or empathy towards the suffering of all individuals regardless of their background or identity.
- Practice an unwavering acceptance and love for others which includes those who hold profound agreements.
- Make decision that are not only for themselves but also rooted in evidence, sincere efforts for diverse viewpoints and historical knowledge.
- Commitment in a specific community.
- Display a courage to act in the interest of the greater good.
The application can be access in an online portal provided by the foundation, upon submitting the application form, all applicants will receive a confirmation email. It is important to complete all the necessary information and requirements needed to support your application.
The Applicant led fellowship candidates must submit a project proposal, resume and written response. Finalist will be required to submit two reference who may be contacted by the provider.
The fellows will be selected based on their commitment and leadership skills. All selected applicants will be notified through their registered email. Fellows must be able to accept the offer before December 1, 2023.
Mountaintop Fellowship will be providing the following benefits to the eligible applicants:
- Health Insurance
- Two weeks fully paid training
- Lifelong grants access
- Fully paid visa
- Opportunity to apply for the Catalyst Fund amounting to up to $2,500 during the fellowship period to help them invest in the local capital development.
- The scholarship amount will be determined to up to $7,500 for the successful applicants stipend.
- On-going support from mentors and staff to help them build a public mind ventures
Mountaintop will be selecting up to 25 fellows from 8 different countries.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until September 30, 2023. Late and incomplete application will not be considered.