The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology also known as MEXT offers a fully-funded scholarship for eligible MEXT students who can demonstrate their academic excellence. The Asia Pacific University in Japan will host the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship which aims to provide assistance to enhance international competitiveness and to promote an active exchange of international students in Japanese Universities.
The scholarship is one of the prestigious scholarships offered to eligible citizens of MEXT Countries, funded by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology, the program will be represented by a selected group of individuals who can demonstrate their academic achievement and the potential to be one of the leaders in the communities who can contribute to the development and motivate young generations to further their higher education.
The scholarship investments underscore Japan’s dedication to fostering a diverse and vibrant academic environment where all international students will collaborate and share their unique perspectives. Providing a fully-funded scholarship to the outstanding students will not only enrich their academic goals and careers but also a commitment to international engagements and development.
Scholarship Provider: Asia Pacific University
About the University
Source: Asia Pacific University
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) started its educational journey back in the year 2000 in partnership with the Ritsumeikan Trust, Oita Prefecture, and Beppu City in Japan. In its inception, the university embarked on a visionary mission to establish a multicultural learning center where half of the students are from the international communities while the other half of it is from the local students in Japan. The university’s objective is to deliver an international education that would help develop international leaders and equip them with an excel across wide fields of education and industries.
Over the past years, APU has been recognized for its vision and boasts a thriving community of more than 10,000 alumni which represents a remarkable diversity of over a hundred and thirty countries and regions. The ever-growing network of the university stands as a testament to its commitment to fostering international cooperation and understanding through delivering a high-quality education.
The Asia Pacific University (APU) journey is a pursuit of excellence and unwavering dedication to nurture talented students all over the globe and continue to expand their global steps that remain steadfast to their mission of empowering the students to become influential leaders and contributors of the nation. The University campus has a distinctive gateway to the international perspectives which connects faculty members and students from all over the world. The Japanese professors bring their valuable experience to the classroom which shapes the students in their international careers and academic goals.
All academics will be taught in the English language along with international professors and lecturers, the innovative approach will help the scholars to pursue their studies in Japan without the language barriers.
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Any eligible degree
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Awards: Fully funded
- Provider: Japanese Government
- Scholarship Country: Japan
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship awards.
- Interested applicants must intend to pursue their higher education in Japan.
- Must be a citizen or national of the MEXT Designated Countries.
- Must be born on or after the 2nd of April year 1989
- Applicants must have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a scale of 3.0 at their recent university.
- Ineligibility extends to active military personnel and civilians employed by the military.
- The successful students for this award are expected to arrive at the APU required date in Japan.
- Previous MEXT scholarship recipients can apply if they possess more than 3 years of educational research experience post-final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship.
- There will be a restriction to a simultaneous application for the multiple MEXT Scholarships.
- Receiving funds will be prohibited from any other scholarship while admitted to the Asian Pacific University in Japan for the MEXT Scholarship recipient.
- The scholarship recipients are obligated to maintain their student visa status while admitted to the university in Japan.
- Acceptance of English Proficiency Test Scores taken on or after March 22, 2022, with adherence to the score validity period requirement.
The application can be completed on an online platform provided by the Asia Pacific University.
- The application for September 2024 must be submitted on or before the deadline for the scholarship application.
- April enrolment will not be available
- Additional application materials will be required to better support the scholarship application process.
- Asia Pacific University will review all application documents submitted and select the outstanding students to be recommended for the MEXT scholarship.
- Selected applicants will be recommended for the scholarship and will be notified by the university of their final application results.
- The selected applicants must complete and submit the additional application materials to the Asia Pacific University.
- The scholarship’s final results will be awarded and selected by the MEXT committee.
The MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship is a fully-funded opportunity for international students to pursue their higher education in Japan. The scholarship will award the following benefits:
- A full admission fees for the successful students
- 100% Tuition fee which will be covered by the Asia Pacific University Tuition-fee Education Scholarship
- JPY 144,000 will be awarded monthly for the living expenses of the recipient, keep in mind that the amount may be subject to change
- Economy class airfare travel fee to the home country (return ticket included)
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until November 15, 2023. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.