United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation offers the Scholars program for the academic year of 2023-2024 for undergraduate degree African students who are currently facing displacements, financial issues, gender, or disability constraints. The scholarship program aims to provide an opportunity to help them access a world-class higher education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa is a fully -funded scholarship intended for African Youths who will be admitted for the first time to an undergraduate degree. By the completion of their higher degree education, scholars will be expected to lead changes in their communities and add to significant transformation across the African continent, having been furnished with globally perceived and locally relevant qualifications.
Scholarship Provider: United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa)
About the Provider
USIU-Africa’s mission is to advance the discovery and utilization of information, the acquisition of skills, and the improvement of keenness and character in a way that prepares students to contribute successfully and morally as citizens of a changing and increasingly mechanical world.
Their vision is to be one of the premier institutions of educational excellence with a global perspective. Dr. Rust had a vision of a global education that would see students and staff share and embrace information all over the world. In 1968, he migrated the university’s undergraduate and graduate programs to Scripps Farm in northeast San Diego, then, at that point, officially changed the university’s name to US Worldwide University (USIU).
The Mastercard Foundation works together with visionary organizations to empower the young generation in Africa and in Indigenous communities in Canada to access stately and satisfying work. They want a reality where the young generations are incorporated and flourishing and their leadership and contributions matter. A future where the students are driving transformative change and accomplishing their maximum capacity.
They bring together the donors, private sector, civil society, and young people to create an effective infrastructure and effective system, supportive policies, and environment where the young generations can find opportunities and the entrepreneurs and small industries can grow and succeed.
The Mastercard Foundation was made in 2006 by Mastercard Global and operates autonomously under the administration of its own Top managerial staff. Since its establishment, the Foundation has developed from a small “start-up” with just three employees to quite possibly the largest foundation on the planet. With commitments of roughly US$4.4 billion, they have collaborated with visionary organizations to increase monetary inclusion and access to youth learning in Africa. Together, they have worked in the lives of in excess of 51 million individuals and their families.
- Academic Year:2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Africa
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Country: Kenya
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Renewable: Yes
Complete List of Eligible Fields
- Arts in Psychology
- Arts in Psychology
- Science in International Business Administration
- Science in Accounting
- Arts in Film Production and Directing
- Science in Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Applied Computer Technology
- Software Engineering
- Science in Information Systems and Technology
- Data Science and Analytics
- The applicants must be under the age of 29 by the time of their application.
- Young women, men, Refugees, Displaced Youth, and Youth with a disability can apply for the scholarship.
- All African students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
The candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Academic Excellence, scholars must esteem learning and have a personal inspiration to finish their academics. Must be able to meet the university admissions criteria according to the Kenya Commission for University Education.
- Commitment to the communities, the candidates must be able to demonstrate their commitment to engagements in the community, outreach programs, and the improvements of their communities.
- Leadership, the candidates must show their leadership skills and their commitment to becoming role models, mentors, and change makers.
The applicants must be interested to be admitted to the eligible fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Application Process
The scholarship forms are posted on the provider’s official website under the call for applications. The candidate just needs to download the application form, print it, fill in every information needed in the expected areas, scan and send it to the email given, attaching all of the necessary documents. Printed application forms are also accessible at the USIU-Africa principal campus, and at the admissions office.
The email address to send the application form is specified in the call for applications. The printed version of documents can also be dropped off at the USIU-Africa primary campus at the admissions office. An affirmation of receipt is given to those who drop their printed versions and furthermore sent an email to those who send their applications by email.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews that can be done through face-to-face or virtual communication. The successful students who will pass the interview will be called and will receive a scholarship letter award. Unsuccessful students at the interview will be notified through their email.
- Completion of the application form
- Review of application before submission
- Admission to the university
- The Scholars program will convey to applicants through email and telephone contact. Applicants should ensure that the telephone numbers and email addresses given are precise and dynamic to get significant data and input.
- The applicants who submitted false information during their application and the selection process will be automatically rejected.
- There will be no charges or fees required for all stages of the application process.
- Tuition fees and functional fees
- Medical Insurance
- books, laptop, and other related materials
- Transportation fee
- Leadership training
- Entrepreneurial training
- Counseling includes career and psycho-social and mentorship
- Disability needs
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until February 20, 2023.