The Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship for 2023 is now open for applications intended for students in Developing Countries. Known as one of the biggest scholarship programs all over the world, the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) will be providing a fully-funded award for successful students who can demonstrate their leadership skills and academic excellence.
The scholarship is for the students who will be commencing their master’s degree program for the academic year of 2023-2024. A joint project by the World Bank and Japan aims to create new generations of leaders who can contribute to developing countries and to communities. Successful students can pursue their higher education in any of the universities in the following country:
The World Bank scholarship program is an expense that Completely covered Scholarships for international students. Japan has acquainted this Program with the world bank which is the reason it’s known as Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship. The applications for the World Bank Japan Scholarship open two times every year. You can apply in the two rounds.
Since 1987, the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) has empowered in excess of 6,000 mid-vocation professionals from more than 160 developing countries to further their degrees in the developing related fields of study. On a yearly basis, Japan’s Government has solely funded the scholarship.
Scholarship Provider: World Bank
About the Provider
World Bank’s goal is to end poverty and boost prosperity, while poverty has declined quickly throughout the course of recent decades, humankind continues to confront critical and complex challenges. More than 1 billion individuals still live in profound poverty, a state of affairs that is ethically unsuitable given the resources and innovation we have accessible today. At the same time, rising imbalance and social exclusion seem to go with rising prosperity in numerous countries.
The Bank has established ambitious, however reachable goals to electrify international and public efforts to end outrageous poverty worldwide inside the generations and to advance “shared prosperity,” a sustainable increase in the prosperity of the less fortunate segments of society. This second objective reflects the way that all countries aspire to a superior expectation for everyday comforts for their citizens in general, not just for the general privileged.
The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of subsidizing and information for developing nations. Its five institutions share a promise to decrease poverty, increase shared prosperity, and advance sustainable development. Since 1947, World Bank has been committed to providing traditional loans, development projects, interest-free credits, and grants. They provide a wide array of financial products, and technical assistance and help countries to apply innovative knowledge and solutions to face every challenge.
They offer scholarships with a joint initiative from different countries which also invest in Human Capital Projects which aim to end poverty and create more leaders and inclusive societies. This also helps them invest in health care, quality education, jobs and skills, and nutrition.
The Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) started in 1987 as a component of a special Japanese drive to strengthen HR in emerging nations. It was set up by the public authority of Japan in partnership with the World Bank. Japan’s obligation to invest in HR in non-industrial nations is established in its own experiences after World War II.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Developing Countries
- Degree level: Master’s Degree
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: Two Years
- Scholarship Host Countries: USA, Europe, Africa, Japan, and Oceania
- Scholarship Awards: Tuition fee, Accommodations, Travel Airfare, Travel Allowance Monthly Stipend, Medical Insurance
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, interested students must meet the eligibility of the scholarship.
- The applicants must be a citizen of any of the developing countries listed in the World Bank.
- Must not be a dual citizen and not connected to any of the employees of the World Bank.
- The applicants must be holding a bachelor’s degree
- Must have at least three years of work
- Have good communication skills in oral and written English
- Must be able to meet the chosen university admission criteria for the master’s degree program.
- Can demonstrate their motivation to fulfill their higher degree
- A leadership skills
- Must be employed in development-related work in a paid full-time position at the hour of submitting the scholarship application. Have no less than 3 years of paid development-related work since procuring a Bachelor’s degree (or comparable university degree) and gained within the past 6 years from the date of the Application deadline.
- At the latest the Scholarship Application deadline date, be conceded genuinely (aside from financing) for the impending scholastic year to no less than one of the JJ/WBGSP taking an interest in master’s programs situated outside of the candidate’s nation of citizenship and nation of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications opens. The letter of admission must be transferred prior to submitting your application.
Interested applicants must complete the scholarship application form in an online portal provided at the official website of the World Bank. All application guidelines will be available and must be read carefully to be able to be considered for the scholarship.
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered for the awards.
JJ/WBGSP Scholarship will be providing the following:
- $500 travel allowance (two-way trip allowance)
- Economy class airfare from the home country to the chosen host university( two-way airfare)
- Fully funded tuition fee
- Medical Insurance
- Monthly Stipend
The application will be open two times for the academic year of 2023-2024:
- January 16 to February 28, 2023
- March 27 to May 26, 2023