International students who want to pursue their higher education in China can start their application for the Presidential Scholarship offered for the academic year of 2022-2023. The scholarship is to encourage deserving and outstanding international students to further their education with the help of the Qingdao University that may be able to complete their master’s degree and Ph.D. degree.
A fully-funded scholarship that covers the student’s tuition fee, medical health aid fee/insurance, accommodation, and a living stipend in China. Over 30 international students will be awarded this academic year.
Scholarship Provider: Qingdao University
About the Provider
Qingdao University located at the eastern seaside of China, the university has its own unique campus setting between the coast of Mount Fushan and the Yellow Sea in Qingdao. The university has been surrounded by a rich culture and a beautiful setting. Years of continuous development have shaped Qingdao University into a respected comprehensive university with comprehensive disciplines and excellent facilities. This makes Qingdao University one of the best institutions in Shandong Province.
Due to the aim of Qingdao University to maintain high standards of modern governance and globalization, the university is experiencing rapid and stable development in international exchange and cooperation. Qingdao University has become the top choice for more and more international students because of its quality education, efficient management, geographical location, and more opportunities and scholarship supports
Academic Year: 2022-2023
Degree Level: Master and Ph.D. students
Open to: International students
Field: All eligible courses offered by the university
Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
Numbers of Awards: 10 Masters degree students and 20 Ph.D. degree students
Country of Scholarship: China
Before proceeding to the application process of the scholarship, the university requires an eligibility criterion.
- The scholarship is open to all international students.
- The international students must be aged 18-40 years old and in good health condition.
- For master’s degree students, he/she should be under the age of 35 below.
- The scholarship is only open for the students who will be commencing their master’s and Ph.D. degree programs in September 2022.
- International students must be able to follow the rules and regulations of the Government of China.
- Must be able to meet the entrance requirements of the higher degree level in Qingdao University.
- Students must not have any scholarship received elsewhere.
- All majors or courses offered by the university can apply
The eligible international students can complete the application form provided by Qingdao University. The applicants can create a login on the university portal and be registered to fill up the application form. To support the application process, international students must submit the following documents:
- Completed application forms
- Passport copy
- Original copy of the academic credentials
- Official transcript of records must be written in Chinese or English and must be the original or a copy notarized by a notary.
- Fresh graduates are expected to provide proof of graduation on their application. For formal admission, students must provide proof of their academic qualifications.
- Company/work certificates
- HSK5 -210+ Certificates for Chinese programs will be required
- English proficiency certificates
- Recommendation letters
- Financial statements
- Award Certificates
- Pre-admission application, you may contact any of the professors or departments of admission to finish the application, the application that has been filled can get the admission preferential.
- 400RMB Application fee
- A personal statement will outline the student’s study experience, related work experience relevant to their chosen courses, and future career plans. The statement can be written in an English language or Chinese language.
The application fee of 400RMB wil not be refunded by the university. Students must keep the registration information after paying the application fee, the registration can be used to upload the proof of payment.
- International students whose first language is the English language are exempt to submit an English language certificate.
- International students whose English is not their first language are required to submit an IELTS of 6.0 or higher and the most recent TOEFL 75 points or higher.
- Students can also use other English proficiency tests.
- Applicants who have obtained their highest degree with English as the language of instruction are exempt from submitting a language certificate, but a language certificate is required.
Deadline for submission of the application
International Applicants must submit all application documents by 20 April 2022. Qingdao University will conduct a thorough evaluation of all applications and accept applicants based on the selection process. Admission results are usually announced by the end of June.
After confirmation with the successful candidate, the Admissions Office will issue an “Admission Letter”, “Application Form for Foreigners Visa to Study in China” (Form JW202), and other relevant applicant documents. Students must apply for an X1 visa at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your country with the provided materials by Qingdao University. For more details on the visa approval process, please contact the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your country.
Annual Review for the Scholarship Renewal
Students studying at the university for 1 year or more are required to take an annual review. The annual review will be focusing on academic performance, attitudes towards learning, attendance, rewards, behavior, and punishments which are used for the overall assessment as criteria for the following year whether to continue taking the scholarship or not.
If you apply in March each year, students must proceed to the International Student Office for the annual verification form to be able to participate in the review. Unjustifiable omission from the annual reviews or failure to pass the annual examination will result in withdrawal of the scholarship.
International President Qingdao University Scholarship will be providing a full tuition fee, accommodation, living allowance, and insurance to the deserving 10 international students who will be commencing their master’s degree and 20 international students who will be commencing their Ph.D. Degree.
The scholarship will be offered annually, and it can be renewed based on the academic performance of the beneficiaries of the award. The awardees must offer volunteer work annually a total of 120 hours in Qingdao University related to the management and admission for the international students.